Author Topic: The Jazz Topic  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Adonai

• View Profile
    • http://
The Jazz Topic
« on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:28 AM »
Hey hey hey.

I'm mostly into metal or experimental/avantgarde stuff, but a bit of good jazz is something that always makes me happy.

I'm more into bass-ish style of jazz, not that trumpet-saxophone jazz, so my favourites from this genre are (I guess) Jeff Schmidt, Jaco Pastorius, Victor Wooten and a few works of Nathan Hughes. They are just awesome. And of course, a wide range of those free jazz/avantgarde jazz musicians, you know.

What are your jazzy preferences, GTAS?

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
Re: The Jazz Topic
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 03:26:39 AM »
That old school hip-hop with a little added jazz in it. It sounds really great.

Offline Firefly

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://firefly2347.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 03:45:01 AM »
I like a lot of the bebop and cool/modal/free jazz from the 50s to 60s era, stuff like Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Oscar Peterson etc. Lately though, I've been more into modern jazz by bands like Polar Bear, Fulborn Teversham, Acoustic Ladyland and Led Bib as well as a bunch of solo musicians whose names I can't remember.

I like all sorts of instrumentation in my jazz. Sometimes I'll want to listen to some upbeat piano jazz or free trumpet/saxophone improvisation, other times nothing beats the mood of bass-heavy jazz. In modern avant-garde jazz, even electronics can be used quite effectively.

Offline Adonai

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
I like a lot of the bebop and cool/modal/free jazz from the 50s to 60s era, stuff like Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, John Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Oscar Peterson etc. Lately though, I've been more into modern jazz by bands like Polar Bear, Fulborn Teversham, Acoustic Ladyland and Led Bib as well as a bunch of solo musicians whose names I can't remember.

I like all sorts of instrumentation in my jazz. Sometimes I'll want to listen to some upbeat piano jazz or free trumpet/saxophone improvisation, other times nothing beats the mood of bass-heavy jazz. In modern avant-garde jazz, even electronics can be used quite effectively.

Yea, I like how the modern jazzmen use the electronic sounds, the coolest thing IMO is those glithcy-cutty-sounds mixed with some oldschool calm lounge-ish jazz.

Offline White

• Redux
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • WhiteXful
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010, 12:15:55 AM »
I reccomend JAZZSTEP:
Courtney Pine - The Jazzstep
Jazzstep - A dubstep experiment - mgt

Or just some classic jazz.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 03:13:49 AM »

SKELDLDEE BOPBOP YEAAA!

Yea jazz is nice. except wanker Kenny G.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal