Author Topic: Red Grab & Front Grab Tutorial  (Read 9133 times)

Offline Enough

• View Profile
Red Grab & Front Grab Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2008, 06:52:25 AM »
Great !!

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 04:03:22 PM »
Quote from: THEFTman
Most of the grabs failed btw. If you put those into the video it won't own at all.

Failed grabs are those where Tommy gets on the bike while on the ground. The Grab must be as fast as possible to be performed in mid air.

I agree, and there is no reason to call these Red Grabs. people have done them before you, I dunno I dont think its right you just claim it.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »
I totally understand, maybe we should come up with suggestions for names and vote on it or something.
In my defense I was going to name them Independent Grabs, but I felt it was too long and it would be " IGG " and such and I thought it sounded bad. So I thought of naming it something shorter and thought Red Grab would be okey, and RGG sounds better imo.

And to reply to accusing this type of grab to be fail is ridiculous, the grabs shown in the tutorial are real stinkers so that you see how to perform the basics. I wouldn't use any of these in a video (except the last one which I used in OWA). You can easily do Red Grabs in air, f.ex RGG2FG contains alot more movement than a normal grab, seen that it's a two part animation and the bike usually goes nuts  If you guys don't believe me I'll be happy to show you on msn.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:10:00 PM by RedX »

Offline jessrocked

• Veteran Member
  • Victory Loves Preparation
    • View Profile
    • http://www.friendster.com/jessrocked
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 04:35:16 AM »
i think u can claim it as yours, until someone proves u that he was the first one to do it.. like a proof, a replay or a clip for instance.

i also have a new grenade grab  its modded though (vehicle no damage)  its considerable i think
anyways, naming it would be unnecessary though..its up to you
if i were to name a grab, i would name it according to the position, angle or anything that best describes the stunt.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 08:03:56 AM »
Okey, let's get this straight. I'm not claiming anything else than the "RGG"..
And that's a spin off of the "crash grab" in SA. like fl said. My point is that I honestly think that I'm the first one who did that in vc. so I'd like it to be called Red Ground Grab RGG. And for the other stuff. let's compromise and call them "Two Part Grabs" TPG. Because like Jessrocked says that's the best way to describe it. Don't confuse these with Delay Grabs.

Any complaints?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:04:19 AM by RedX »

Offline Knapman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 06:03:08 PM »
i doubt you were the first to do it, probably to release it, we've all jumped off our bikes and started running towards them to try and get on them.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2008, 06:16:07 PM »
I actually did something like that first grab in a PS2 vid back in 2005, but it was in the credits as I didn't think it was good enough for the main vid

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
I did this in 1 of my first video's.........
also dude we havent named any methode to a stunter   except RAD I think...........
if you want to see it let me know
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:02:38 PM by FIGHTER »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2008, 06:22:10 AM »
sure

also I won't take credit for this, I thought it was new, and it wasn't. Stop flaming me everybody xD but it still didn't have a name
So I've been calling it two-part grabs,

any objections?

@ Sweet: You'll see in the new video
@ Knapman: I just taught you guys how to do it right. f.ex the first grab in this tut I can do approx 10 times in a row before failing, each one of you have to realize how you're supposed to exploit it properly.

Also I'd like to show you some grabs Knapman  You've been bitching about this a long time. I just want to show you some grabs that will prob. be in the vid
[email protected]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 06:26:55 AM by RedX »

Offline Raising

• XSC member
    • View Profile
Re: Red Grab & Front Grab Tutorial
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
Can someone make this one again please?   :hmm:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal