Author Topic: ATS crew info  (Read 22852 times)

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Board Mods
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:46:29 PM »
Name: Addicted To Stunting

Yellow=Active   Blue=Inactive   Green= Retired

Members: Aries, Darkness, GTA Fanatic, Kaneda, Dannye, Docta Luv, Kid A, Lord Peres, Madmax, Nagual, Neo Anderson, Nightkid, Nitzkit, SamuraiZeroX, Knapman, Brulla

Crew Bio -

Addicted to Stunting (ATS) was formed after the completion of the vid 5ive, but it's origins probably stretch back to 'Game Over' (edited by Kaneda, Sept 10, 2004) - the first collab vid between Darkness, Kaneda & Nitzkit. Following Game Over, Neo Anderson joined another collab with the same three stunters - The Four Horsemen (edited by Kaneda, Oct 25, 2004). During the making of this vid, the four decided that they'd stunt together more often than not, but no official 'crew' was even considered.

Not long after the release of The Four Horsemen, GTA Fanatic announced his departure from AMPT, and later approached these four about participating in their next collab vid - 5ive (edited by Kaneda, Dec 07, 2004). The crew idea was initially brought up by GTA Fanatic after that vid. There was some deliberation about what we should call ourselves (The Kaneda Experience, or TKE, was quickly dismissed), and we ultimately went with something simple - Addicted to Stunting.

ATS's first official crew vid was Overdrive (Jan 07, 2005). After the release of Overdrive, both GTA Fanatic and Darkness took a short hiatus, but the crew still released vids. Neo Anderson edited Last Call (Feb 04, 2005), the vid that introduced the concept of BSM stunts. The crew's next vid - RPM (edited by Nitzkit, Feb 24, 2005) - featured a guest stunter, who ultimately became the crew's sixth member - Madmax, who introduced faggio/pizzaboy stunting. Max was officially adopted into ATS in their next vid, which also featured the return of GTA Fanatic - the vid was Dysfunctional (edited by Kaneda, Mar 14, 2005). Following Dysfunctional, the next crew vid was Ignition (edited by Neo Anderson, March 31, 2005).

Not long after Dsyfunctional, Terror Squad founder - Urban Legend (yoman) - came up with the idea of a crew collab between ATS and TS. Although a bit reticent at first, we decided to take him up on the offer, and we didn't regret it. Fusion (edited by GTA Fanatic, Apr 21, 2005) was the first crew collaboration vid, and consisted of nine stunters. Immediately following Fusion, ZeroX made the decision to leave TS, and join ATS. We discussed, and subsequently accepted his proposal, bringing our member tally to seven.

On about May 7th, 2005 Velocity was released. This time Darkness was to edit. OMG what were we thinking? The next crew's vid Breakout was released June 5th, 2005 (edited by Nitzkit). This time GTA Fanatic decided to sit out. July 6th, 2005 brought the release of Chronology (edited by Kaneda) it was a best of ATS. Clips of previous stunts we all had done. On Aug. 2, 2005 No Limits was released (edited by ZeroX). Six of the seven crew members took part in this.

Neo Anderson was next up to edit for the next crew vid. A View To A Stunt, released Aug. 25th, 2005. This time Neo wanted to try something a bit different from the conventional vids ATS usually put out. He decided to go with a theme throughout the entire vid. Neo used James Bond as the theme from the intro, to the main music and right into the credits. Neo's style of editing has always leaned toward the simple, not alot of flash. Just some solid editing. All seven crew members participated in this vid along with a guest, Buzzsaw. The San Andreas stunters first vid in Vice City.

The following month GTA Fanatic moved off into retirement, other things in life just needed more of his attention. We all miss him and wish him the very best in the future. The crew was now down to six members. On Sep. 23rd, 2005 Apparition became the next ATS crew vid (edited by Darkness). We again decided to have a guest, Lord Peres. This is also the first time we see Neo taxi stunting, took him friggin long enough to learn how. And guess what? Neo now pushed to do a crew taxi vid. Boost, released Oct. 28th, 2005 (edited by Kaneda). Neo's a pushy bastard....lol. Nov. 8th, 2005 saw the release of the crews second best of, Chronology 2 (edited again by Kaneda). He picked some gay music for this one.....lol

The crew kinda took a bit of a break after Boost, well as far as crew vids that is. Nitzkit and ZeroX were off doing some projects as well as Kaneda and Neo. Months passed and we had talked about maybe asking a couple people to join ATS. Who the hell would we ask? Would they accept? The crew had been kinda inactive for awhile now. On March 1st, 2006 Mut8tion was released (edited by Nitzkit). This introduced the two awesome stunters who would become ATS crew mates. Samurai and Lord Peres. Sadly after the release of this vid, Darkness decided it was time to call it quits. Things in his life were just needing his attention more and more. We miss him greatly but hope things go well for him in the future.

Well some 9 months had passed since our last vid and it wasn't looking good for us. Something needed to happen. We had all gotten busy with this and that. Time for stunting just wasn't there. Lord Peres became inactive as did Nitzkit. Although nothing was "offiially" said, that was the talk within the crew. It was time to bring in some new people.

September 2006. A few of us got to talking one night about who we would ask to join ATS. Many names came up but ultimately we decided to ask Aries, Dannye, Kid A and Docta Luv. Yup the crew formally known as DSU. We were a bit surprised seeing they had just released thier first crew vid only days before we asked them.  So now we had added 4 more crew members but wait, as if that wasn't enough, we also asked Nightkid and Nagual. Bringing us 6 new members in the span of just a week.

With so many new members it only seemed fitting that a crew vid was in order. November 27th, 2006 The Awakening  was released (edited by Aries). It took us months to finally gather enough material and time, to get this puppy up and out. Everyone had been busy with whatever but finally there was a new ATS vid out. Spotlighting 6 new members, this our 16th crew vid, was by far the largest group ever for an ATS vid. Is this it? Will there be another? Only time will tell but let's just say "never count ATS out".   

Kaneda and Neo had been talking about an idea Kan had to do an intro Sin City style (black & white with some aspects still colored). It was just talk due to the huge amount of work required. Neo began to convert LC, maybe out of boredum, who knows. After it was finished Kan checked it out and seeing the results liked it enough to suggest VC also be done (at the last minute I might add). The plan was now to do our next stunt video completely like this. Nitzkit joined in to help out greatly with the VC conversion.

June 16th, 2007 was the release of the ATS vid called Trial By Fire (edited by Kaneda). The crew's 17th video now (damn addicts).  Featuring coding work by Neo, an LC & VC conversion to black & white by Neo, Kaneda and Nitzkit, green screen effects by Kaneda and a spicey little ending by Neo and Madmax. This was to be a full blown movie like production and our biggest step away from conventional stunt vids.

About March of 2008 discussion of another crew vid began. There wasn't a great deal of interest at this time with people being busy and such so it wasn't for several months more before most of the crew began to get stunts for this. Slowly it looked like there would be another ATS crew vid.

December 2008, Elemental was born (edited by Nitzkit). With yet another preintro and intro by Neo Anderson. Several members sat this one out, some retired or were just busy with other things but ATS pushed on to release their 18th crew video.

2009, what did it bring for the ATS crew? Most of the crew kinda got tired of stunting for one reason or another and almost over night ATS was down to only a few of it's members.

Neo released his first solo video that wasn't taxi stunts in 5 years, Singularity, released in September. Kaneda soon followed with his solo, Natch, released in October. Then in December Neo released another solo video called Deja Vu. This was the extent of activity for the ATS crew in 2009.

April, 2010. Kaneda and Neo had been stunting off and on and began to accumulate stunts, neither had seen or spoken to any of the other "active" crew mates so it looked like the two were pretty much all that was left of ATS. They decided to just do a collab together.

Some time in May 2010, Neo ran into Nitzkit, he told him about the collab Kan and he was doing and he asked if he could join in. It was great to see Nitz have an interest so both eagerly agreed.

Kan and Neo pretty much had enough stunts by this time and to their surprise Nitz was quick to get his share in, Nitz had the stunting bug again, woooohoooo!

Neo had talked to Kan during the editing of this "collab" and asked why not just call this vid a crew video? It was the 3 crew members of ATS that were still around. It was decided that we might as well.

June 6th, 2010, Absurd, was born (edited by Kaneda), pre intro and intro by Neo Anderson. Stunts by 3 of the founding members of ATS, crew video number 19 came to life.

November 26, 2010, Madmax makes a post in the ATS batcave about starting up a new crew video. A few of the crew had several stunts already and it wasn't long before the ball got a rollin.

Stunting stayed at a moderate pace for many months, we had all agreed that when everyone could land what they really wanted for this than the video would proceed. Talk began very early on that this was going to be THE last crew video.

Neo was to yet again do the pre-intro with the giant ATS letters Nitzkit had created, he would have cried if anyone else was to do it anyways. Kaneda had an idea for the intro and the outro and Samurai was choosen as the editor of the main stunt section for the vid. The pieces began to come together.

On July 5th, 2011, Samurai releases a trailer for the upcoming 20th ATS vid. Containing footage from past ATS works.

July 8th, 2011,The Final Cut, edited by Samurai, is released. We were lucky enough to have Kingjad from TMS as our very special guest for this video. With stunts from Dannye, Nagual, Brulla, Kaneda, Madmax, Neo Anderson, Aries, Nitzkit and Samurai, representing ATS. Sam spared no expense in producing a brilliant piece of video. Packed full of easter eggs and other editing surprises. Crew video 20, our last, was something we were all very proud of.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

ATS's philosiphy (if you can call it that) is just to have fun with it. We enjoy trying new stuff, and just making a show that people will enjoy and maybe get a laugh or two out of. As a group, we're a tight circle of friends, who value those friendships above anything else. Stunting and making vids is just incidental. We've had our fair share of bickering and calling each other every conceivable name under the sun (I believe Fuck-knob is now an emoticon for everyone), but we're good at just letting that go, it's all in fun.

We'd like to think that our fans (yes, both of you) just enjoy our stuff for what it is...good ol' fashioned fun. Nothing terribly fantastic, no Oscar winning stuff - just some nice stunts and some clever in-game tricks. We appreciate our fans immensely, and they're what make doing a vid a pleasure. We'd probably still stunt without them, but they're the icing on the cake. So thanks to all the people who watch our vids, enjoy them, and have the common decency not to mock Nitzkit for his freakishly large head.

(written by Darkness and Neo)

Crew info -

Name: Darkness
GTA games I stunt in: LC/VC/SA
Favorite type of stunt: Grinds
Member of ATS since: October, 2004
Videos Takin part in: 13 crew, Numerous others
Stunting how long: 2 years
Other interests, hobbies: Poker, golf

Name: GTA Fanatic
GTA games I stunt in: LC/VC
Videos Takin part in: 12 crew, Numerous others
Stunting how long: Since 2003
Other interests, hobbies: free style rapping

Name: Kaneda
GTA games I stunt: Vice City, GTA: LC, San Andreas
Videos Takin part in: 17 crew vids, 4 solo vids, 4 community vids, 4 collaborative vids, 6 themed vids
Stunting how long: 2 years, 6 months
Other interests, hobbies: My girlfriend, retro-gaming.

Name: Lord Peres
GTA games I stunt in: GTA Vice City
Favorite type of stunt: I don't have any favourite, maybe doublebumps or grinds
Member of ATS since: Feb, 2006
Videos Takin part in: Lost Stunts (solo), Revontuled (collab with Orp), Apparition (as a special guest), Crash Course II (collab), Haunted (collab), Step Up (TMS vid as a guest), XXL and Metro (community vids), Mut8tion and Aetas.
Stunting how long: Since April 2005
Other interests, hobbies: Poker, Cinema, OGame (online strategy game)...

Name: Neo Anderson
GTA games I stunt in: Vice City and Liberty City
Favorite type of stunt: Roofing, with PCJ or Taxi
Videos Takin part in: 17 crew, 2 community vids, 12 solo, 17 themed and several collab
Stunting how long: Since December 2003
Other interests, hobbies: The Matrix, Jaws, Star Wars, Computers, Sci-Fi, Music

Name: Madmax
GTA games I stunt in: GTA: VC
Favorite type of stunt: Anything involving a Pizzaboy
Member of ATS since: February 23rd 2005
Videos Takin part in: 4 Solo Videos, 15 Crew Videos
Stunting how long: July 2003 (too long)
Other interests, hobbies: My girlfriend, Music, Cars, Computers

Name: Nitzkit
GTA games I stunt in: LC/VC/SA (a bit)/ LCS
Favorite type of stunt: High p2bs
Videos Takin part in: 17 crew, plus a lot of others
Stunting how long: 2 3/4 years
Other interests, hobbies: experiments with electronics

Name: Samurai - RFL - Ohki
GTA games I stunt in: VC/LC
Favorite type of stunt: Anything fresh
Member of ATS since: Nitzkit asked  (a lil bit before Mut8tion) Feb, 2006
Videos Takin part in: I LIKE MUFFINS (for the true old skewlers),Metus, Anathema, Stuntd2, Fury, Shadow
Zone, Tombstone, Touch of a Samurai, Reformation, Innovation, Quattro, Mut8tion, Arisen, Connected
Stunting how long: late 2003
Other interests, hobbies: Games in general, SSBM, Guitar/rockin out the bars with band, and all the usual shit

Name:  ZeroX.
Favourite type of stunt: Grinds (particularly corkscrew or krail to grind).
Member of ATS since: April, 2005
Videos Takin part in: 8 crew, 5 solo and 10 collab
Stunting how long: September 2004
Other interests, hobbies: Skating, clubbing, drinking

Name:  Aries
GTA games I stunt in: VC/LC/SA
Favourite type of stunt: PSM's ftw! Actually I have none, I go through phases.
Member of ATS since: Aug 30th, 2006
Videos Takin part in:
Stunting how long: Nearly 2 years
Other interests, hobbies: Skateboarding, rollerblading, graphics design, guitar, movies, music..............pottery.....   Nah I dont like pottery.

Name:  Docta Luv
GTA games I stunt in: VC/LC/SA
Favourite type of stunt: Packerbumps
Member of ATS since: Aug 30th, 2006
Videos Takin part in: 11
Stunting how long: November 2004
Other interests, hobbies: Golf, Running, Fine Arts, Star Wars, The Matrix

Name:  Dannye
GTA games I stunt in:  LC/VC/SA
Favourite type of stunt:  Wallies, any type
Member of ATS since:  Start of September '06
Videos Takin part in:  7 Solos, 3 Crew Related, 1 Collab, 3 Commun, and some other crap too.
Stunting how long:  Since Feb '04
Other interests, hobbies:  Movies, Soccer (Indoor/Outdoor), X-Files, Other Gaming, Game Speed Runs, Other Crap.

Name:  Kid A
GTA games I stunt in:  VC/LC
Favourite type of stunt:  Grinds
Member of ATS since: Start of September '06
Videos Takin part in:  Around 5
Stunting how long:  A year and a half
Other interests, hobbies: Skateboarding, playing the drums, listening to music, video games etc

Name:  Nightkid
Favourite type of stunt:  Krail/cork to grind combo's.
Member of ATS since:  like, 4 days. lol
Videos Takin part in: 21
Stunting how long:  3 years
Other interests, hobbies: Skateboarding, Motocross, Photoshop (digital graphic design) MTN biking, watching matt put shoes on his head.

Name:  Nagual
Favourite type of stunt:  (PCJ)-combo's
Member of ATS since:  13-07-2006
Videos Takin part in:  Twos Tale, Metro, Connection, One Mind
Stunting how long:  since early 2k5
Other interests, hobbies: Music-mixing/creating, Pool/Billiards, VC/LC stunting.

Name: Knapman
Member of ATS since: October 2008
Videos Takin part in: Entity, Alternative, Flash 3
Stunting how long: 2 years
Other interests, hobbies: Basketball, Computers/Electronics

Name: Brulla
GTA games I stunt in: VC
Favorite type of stunt: Natural bump
Member of ATS since: 2008
Videos Takin part in: Highlights; Diversus, Tandem & Lagoon
Stunting how long: 5 years
Other interests, hobbies: Traveling, Music

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 06:38:16 AM by Brulla »

Offline bj070893

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.barbie.com/
ATS crew info
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:59:20 PM »
That was a great read Neo, great to learn a little more about the crew. Never knew Dark quit stunting though...

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:05:53 PM »
TKE  
Nice topic, I learned some new things about ATS. Good job!

Offline Fugitive

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fugitivesplace.3x.ro
ATS crew info
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 05:35:37 PM »
Wow, it was nice to read that.
Neo is 43? I heard something like that but I wasn't sure. You're older than my father, lol, learn your children to stunt and maybe ATS will survive more!
And kaneda is 33?  LOL guys, you're really old.  I have nothing against the age, it is just ... funny.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:37:32 PM by Fugitive »

Serenity

ATS crew info
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 05:41:21 PM »
 Neo I said you were 57 the other day and you didnt correct me, nice info man, good idea to get a bit of knowledge into the community.

Offline Hunt

• View Profile
    • http://
ATS crew info
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 07:44:44 PM »
Nice info, but lack LP

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 08:47:07 PM »
Pimp shit

that special categorie for Kaneda  

Offline Docta Luv

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 09:12:17 PM »
Wow, sweet post Neo.  There's a lot of stuff I didn't know about you all.  Like for instance I didn't know that there was another stunter who golfed

Offline Kert

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 02:27:01 AM »
  Nice post, learned a lot.

Offline Juan

• Veteran Member
  • TMS
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2006, 02:38:10 AM »
Great read, has to be the most in detailed info a crew has posted to date.

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
ATS crew info
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 09:16:14 AM »
Neo should be stuffed and preserved in a museum  quickly followed by kaneda!

Awesome read, nice one.

Offline bj070893

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.barbie.com/
ATS crew info
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2006, 11:48:16 AM »
You're all mean bastards, leave Neo and Kan alone  Forgot to ask...

Name: Gtas - Samurai - RFL - Ohki

Um... what's that about?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 11:50:07 AM by bj070893 »

Offline _Hiei_

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 12:05:31 PM »
I quote everything above^ lol

damn, ATS is a real crew. Congraz guys.

Offline Tackleberry

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
ATS crew info
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 12:51:11 PM »
Great job, awesome presentation.

What I would really like to see is some pics or other footage of the real humans behind the stunters. Or are you really some aliens lead by Nitzkit, which I believe?

Sweet2

ATS crew info
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006, 12:56:34 PM »
Damn that neo, he has more vids than me >.<

but good job on it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal