Author Topic: Gta V Confirmed... Kinda?  (Read 4869 times)

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Gta V Confirmed... Kinda?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »
This is great news, I have huge expectations for GTA 5. I just hope they've moved away from the dull atmosphere that IV had, and reinstated that oldschool feel of III/VC/SA.

Prior rumors had the game being set in the Miami clone Vice City.
C:

Offline Toomanypuppies

• KGeedorah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 07:51:10 PM »
Well thats good news.

I hope its on a new engine, or at least a reworked physics engine; IV's was just painful.

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 08:49:38 PM »
I'll fall in love with any GTA game, so just make it optimised for the PC :C

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
Since IV I've started to become a little cynical about GTA games. I like them, sure, but it seems that the games have been stuck in the same general plot and mission structure since the first installment way back when. I hope that V doesn't just nestle itself comfortably into the franchise, but rather I'd like to see R* take a few risks and produce a truly inspired title.

Making it look better is all well and good, but if it's the same tired formula...

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
I subscribe to what Kaneda said, I'd really like to see useable airports, traveling from Instanbul to Tokyo for example (without showing the whole trip).

Offline ►ReDruM◄

• I like toast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 11:30:33 PM »
I'd like GTA IV graphic engine with new physics.
It would be good if we can travel through states like Vice City and San Andreas  :jajaja:

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2011, 03:04:21 AM »
I read about this. Hope its like a new San Andreas  :a-cheer:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2011, 03:44:00 AM »
GTA IV? Massive success? Yeah right.

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
GTA IV was shit, I didn't even finished it. As Kaneda and Baseline said, I'd love some new experimentations but please bring back some fun in GTA rather than photorealists graphics and a plot out of any mafia-kind film.

San Andreas was definitely, a major progress featuring the country, various climates and cities while IV was a flashback to the III.

We need something close to SA, featuring even more diversity, fun and possibilities to interact with the environment.

Offline ~ Đάмﮖтзя ~

• Veteran Member
  • somtink
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »
SA in a new map (can be same size), better graphics and new missions without stereotype would be enough for me. Also a great story such as SA had, IV story was bullshit. SA is a legend, i was playing it unbeliavable 6x times the story line and i dont mention the play time...

Quote from: darkyy-
GTA IV was shit, I didn't even finished it.

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 04:47:51 AM »
IMO VC has the best storyline.. But, to each his own :D
Anyway, I would love to see the game get back to Vice City... However, I would be glad if Rockstar surprises us with a different ambient too (as long as the story will make us stay attached to our monitors).

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 04:49:55 AM »
Also the vehicle handling in IV ? Seriously ?

Offline miLKy

• ESH <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 05:06:25 AM »
SA in a new map (can be same size), better graphics and new missions without stereotype would be enough for me. Also a great story such as SA had, IV story was bullshit. SA is a legend, i was playing it unbeliavable 6x times the story line and i dont mention the play time...

this.

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »

How many of you have even PLAYED the vice city storyline or the the III storyline? IMO San Andreas had the crappiest of all storylines with 946832 plot holes and a bunch of 'fun' missions thrown in as crowd pleasers that were completely irrelevant to the physical story just to excite the crowd.

The only reason people are like 'OMG SSAN ANDREAS WAS TEH BEESTEST STORLINES' is due to the fact of how far San Andreas took things in their missions. Whereas the whackiness in the previous games was left to freeroam, SA threw it right into their missions. Sure maybe it makes the game more fun but it CERTAINLY does not improve the quality of the otherwise mundane and laughable plot.

GTA III in my opinion had the single greatest storyline out of any video game i've ever played. Vice city would be a close second, and GTA IV not far behind. I think IV had a fantastic storyline and here is why. Personalities, IV was much more than a basic Rags to slightly improved rags story. You developed friendships and romantics and sure, perhaps the story wasn't as INSANE as san andreas, i preferred it though as opposed to the steroid injected storyline of San Andreas. It was incredibly possible to have fun in IV, even with the physics, hell that made it MORE fun for me.

So maybe the world isnt designed for the traditional stunting methods, it doesn mean we cant find something new

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal