Author Topic: Ask WH  (Read 1331075 times)

Offline Raekah

• http://www.gtadrifting.net/
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Re: Ask WH
« Reply #8265 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:48 PM »
Just curious, but what actually sparked the creation of WH? Also, what do you believe has made WH such a success and why?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:12:55 PM by Delfy »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8266 on: July 13, 2011, 11:21:52 PM »
Taclite was kicked from ZS and my audition to Terror Squad was declined so we figured we'd start a crew, Taclite was coming up with name suggestions like Dirty Biker Sluts and more of that kind and I suggested Wasteland Heroes which was the only one we agreed upon so 'paphumph: Wasteland Heroes began.
I left after a couple of months since Taclite was making all the decisions assuming I would agree.
After Post Mortem in 2006 I was going to retire but I had nothing to retire to (amusing how the word retire makes it sound like I had made a fortune), and I noticed Wasteland Heroes, "my creation" (the quotation tags are just there to make me look less self-indulgent) had no pulse for lack of a better term so I figured I'd re-join back and get the wheels turning again... which I'm still doing interestingly enough.

In terms of Wasteland Heroes being a success or not that depends on how you define success, lots of crews consider success being in a crew with like-minded people without having much ambition or even needs to prove themselves to those outside or climb some sorta food chain.
Our main focus has been on being productivity, pushing ourselves and inspiring and each other to improve as stunters and editors and being in a constant state of progress.
I've never had a need to find friends within the stunting scene as I have friends outside out and ironically since many of us share that urge to improve ourselves and be efficient we get along great and thus we are good friends too  :cc_detective:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:28:42 PM by Daffy »

Offline Raekah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8267 on: July 14, 2011, 12:10:05 AM »
Thanks for answering my question Daffy, I had always wondered how WH started out and what the story was behind it it all. You wouldn't happen to know why Taclite left the GTAStunting scene?

Offline Dimension

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8268 on: July 14, 2011, 01:01:03 AM »
Anyone knows what happened to NoAPOlogies and captainCORKY? :unsure:

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #8269 on: July 14, 2011, 02:02:33 AM »
@ Daffy:  What was excactly the reason why you left ZS at that time?

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8270 on: July 14, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »
Delfy: Taclite lost interest gradually, from how I knew him I think he always wanted to stand out one way or another but didn't really know how to and even if wouldn't find it worth it on a effort/reward ratio thus his reckless "leadership".
Don't get me wrong, he's a good dude regardless of his issues but he had no grasp on how to run a crew, how to include everyone in what was going on opposed to showing it down their throat basically saying I decided this on your behalf since I doubt would have opposed it so you're gonna have to be for it now whether you like it or not unless you wanna look like an ass.
He made several attempts at returning and failed at it like many has which I think is due to a naive mindset thinking that stunting hasn't evolved since last and the effort he'd have to put in to catch and keep it has multiplied many times over and thus they're overwhelmed, I think this is why Barney has always made successful comeback as he's one of the few that are not just prepared for it but he seems to be expecting and looking forward to it as well.
I'll take some blame for it myself though as I knew this every time Taclite tried and I should have encouraged him and perhaps helped him get back on his feet than merely wait for him to give up and move on.
That said he's more of a stunter who stunts randomly for the hell of it to see what happens rather than attempting a spot relentlessly for a overwhelming period of time so though I hate making decisions for people or determining what's best for them I do still think he's better of finding a creative outlet that's better suited for him.

Tailor: They retired at the end of 2006 which I think was mainly due to that effort/reward ratio again, many stunters did around that as effort we started to put into single stunts increased in a shocking pace at that time.

Fighter: I was going to leave several times before I did due to THEFTman's and Aenima's modding, I openly and publicly accused them several times which they both later admitted to on all accusations.
I wanted to rebuild ZS's good name, reputation and most importantly what it used to mean to everyone of the members in ZS, I took the first steps and did the groundwork to get BloodyHook and finallight interested in joining ZS as part of rebuilding the crew but THEFTman seized control as dictator and rendering all my effort meaningless.
I had no interest in dictator leadership battle with him, I did not see the point and since he and Aenima basically had put on bomb-vests with a timer I decided I did not want to stick around so I pulled my stunts from what was to become Revenants and made Blackout 2 as an audition to TMS.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:05:21 AM by Daffy »

Offline Mythic

• Veteran Member
  • WH Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8271 on: July 15, 2011, 12:19:08 PM »
Cool posts there Daffy, always happy to have some GTAS history lessons.

Thought that some of you from the few pages back could be interested that I just deadlifted a new gearless personal record of 110 kilograms today. ;D

Offline Raekah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8272 on: July 15, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the great response Daffy, Taclite sounds somewhat like me in 2008/2009, as I too wanted to be recognized more but I unfortunately took the easy way out back then. Once again, I am really sorry for what happened between you and I.. I even look back on myself now, just thinking about how much of a little cunt I was, especially to you.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8273 on: July 15, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
Don't worry, I'm not one who holds a grudge... unless I lose a stunt to you.

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8274 on: July 15, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »
..Or a song

Offline Raekah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8275 on: July 16, 2011, 12:51:26 AM »
Put it this way.. (instert huge asslick), let's be friends? :lol: perhaps I should give you a spot, since I do owe you one.

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8276 on: July 16, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
Put it this way.. (instert huge asslick), let's be friends? :lol: perhaps I should give you a spot, since I do owe you one.
Considering what you did to him I believe you owe him at least 5 spots.

Offline Raekah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #8277 on: July 16, 2011, 06:17:24 AM »
Once I find, and if I find a spot better than the one I used. I'll pass it on to him :ajaja: bringing 5 spots into the matter is pointless Mugetsu, I'm not trying to buy my fucking respect back. I'm trying to at least show him that I am sorry, and that I'm willing to try and make immense. It's up to him as to whether he wants me to even bother or not, and for all I know, there may not be any way for me to make immense since he might not want to like me.

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8278 on: July 17, 2011, 03:00:50 AM »
Hypothetical question. The global economy and the monetary system begin to collapse at the first half of march next year. What's your move?

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8279 on: July 17, 2011, 03:19:52 AM »
I keep doing what I'm doing and not give a shit. Things will always cost money.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal