Author Topic: AERONAUTS - 48 hours  (Read 5129 times)

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
AERONAUTS - 48 hours
« on: August 13, 2022, 02:42:54 PM »
Welcome! :cc_detective:

Sheikah, Darkstar and I are immensely proud to present you something that's been in the works for a good 2 weeks now: the 48 hour collab Sheikah organized.
Initially Krypton was supposed to edit but realized he's way too busy with real life so he asked Simon and myself to take the project up.
Simon's working on a camera tool he really wanted to put to use in a video but other than that has no real prior experience when it comes to editing stunting videos, and neither do I except my little quickly slapped together map mod solo.
The scale of the project sort of terrified me personally but I decided to just wing it and make it a learning experience and along the way Simon and I were enjoying ourselves so much we even got comfortable enough to slap some skits in there as well.
We tried capturing the oldschool stunt video feeling, i.e. HypoKryts, Interlocked, etc. and I think it went pretty well on both our ends.

We received 91 stunts which we split evenly and completely random and both tried to make everyone shine as best we could but obviously some stunts made it to the credits and some didn't make it at all sadly, but it still turned out to be a dope selection of stunts that did make it in with the time and room we had.

We want to thank Sheikah for giving us both complete creative freedom and for even giving 2 editing virgins a shot at a huge video like this to begin with.

Without further ado, please enjoy the video and a live reaction would be SO, SO, SO much appreciated <3!

« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 05:32:09 PM by puzzLe »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AERONAUTS - 48 hours
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2022, 03:15:36 PM »
Impressive. Community video-esque. Too many standout stunts to name. I can really appreciate the amount of effort put in for the camera angles in Darkstar's part. Camera angles were shaky at times in Puzzle's part, but they got the job done, and the colors were good. Overall the video very much had the classic GTAS aesthetic. Hats off to everyone for putting together this video. :euro:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2022, 03:33:39 PM »
Wanna give a big thanks to Sheikah for letting me have a go, and to Puzzle for carrying the project time and time again. I very much enjoyed the outcome and hope everyone will enjoy :D

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2022, 04:51:05 PM »
Camera angles were shaky at times in Puzzle's part

Yeah, sorry about that :cheersad: I tried dropping my DPI down to 100 and the in-game sens to the lowest as well but I found that the idle cam would take the wheel very quickly so I tried working my way around that by moving it around a lot which only now I realize is a massive eyesore :L Thank you lots for the kind words though! <3

Also a huge, huge thanks back at Simon for being amazing to work with, and of course Max for scripting, and everyone submitting amazing voicelines and Blaze for the borders and nametags. It really was smooth sailing and everybody involved being on the same page helped so much with that.

I'll try to make a review/editor's POV thingamajig tomorrow to guide the ones interested through my thought process :D

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2022, 05:04:25 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xXNh_4nAFY

Thanks for the hard work my friends  :jajaja:

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2022, 06:11:41 PM »
This turned out way better than I had hoped. Thanks to everyone who submitted stuff. I got a crazy amount of reps from people. Also huge thanks to Darkstar and Puzzke for taking up the editing job. Hope we can do more videos in the future.

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2022, 09:36:03 PM »
fuck i should've made a live reaction, i forgor 💀💀

this video goes hard as fuck, such a nice feeling with these songs, the name tags, voiceover and shit, feels really nice to be back and participate in a fun and well made project in 2022, feels just like home
props to puzzle and simon for editing this really good too, great camera work by simon and his tool, and the warm and old school feel puzzle put with those colours and song choice too, y'all made me want to edit something now
the voiceover and scripting was so good too lmao it really ties up the whole video

fav stunts were krypton's LC rooftop combo and taxi boost prec, dannye's skimmer stunts, puzzle's SAiVC grind, rainbow's VC stoppie to grind and max's finisher (smooth ahh camera work)

also @maci if you're reading this, i hope you liked the way i landed that old ass CSM spot of yours ;)

GGs everyone! let's keep it up

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2022, 12:08:02 AM »
Ill do a reaction when I get home from work
Since puzzle cant do it

Offline FIGHTER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2022, 01:27:51 AM »
It turned out great, my stuff was shit :(
Editing and style is the true old feeling.

Gj you all!

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2022, 02:58:56 AM »
Let's start with the stunting, my favourites not in any order: Zero's stuff in general, Blaze's car stunt with the spins, Turbo's infernus wallride to grind and his freeway stoppie to precision, SuhZin's recoil CSM to roof, Ltab redoing Barney's CSM to double grind, all of Darkstar's car stunts and especially that last one because of the best execution of that stunt yet (at 11:31), Dannye's stuff (especially the hunter police car bump) but apart from the Voodoo stunt since Max did that 10x better in Pimpin 2, Gryzlek's wallspin to ledgegrind was nicely done and Puzzle's prefinisher. Anyone know who did that last one first? I only know BoxXx did it in SA.

When it comes to the editing let's start with the intro and outro because that was hilarious :lol: Great work there, lol'd quite a bit with the unexpected POEEEEEZZLE. The first camera shot into Krypton's opener was very awesome too! Excellent way to begin the video. There were a lot of nice camera angles in both parts so not going to name them all but just in general it was hard to spot that it's the first real edit any of you ever did so congrats on that :) I did notice it however because of the smaller things like Darkstar's part being rendered interlaced (I think) which results in a lot of tearing (pauze when Dannye's red infernus hits the ship grind at 3:29 for example, it's quite bad there) and Puzzle not knowing the Freeplay commands that disable the idle camera and camera object collisions. Like at 8:14 the camera had to be super close because of all the poles and the camera still forced itself into the player at the bump because it was not disabled. But that's just minor stuff and with a video this big it didn't distract me from enjoying it one bit. Great work :) And great music selection, very nice. Also nice to see the tool in action with that double stunt from Haywire and Sheikah, worked well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:02:39 AM by Rainbow »

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2022, 05:55:40 AM »
Great video guys, everything is just perfect, you made me want to stunt again

If another collab of this kind is organized I will not miss it

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2022, 07:31:01 AM »
Too good for a 48h video. Loved the comvid vibe in it. :P

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2022, 10:06:35 AM »
That was very entertaining. I've always loved voice acting, keep on doing that! So fucking funny.
The first part felt very 2008/09-ish which was really cool and the overall editing was good! Great songs too.
Nice stunts too of course, good job everybody!

also @maci if you're reading this, i hope you liked the way i landed that old ass CSM spot of yours ;)

I assume you forgot that I forgot that Barney already did it way back, back then  :lol:

https://gtasdb.com/video/aeronauts
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:09:13 AM by MaCi »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2022, 11:46:41 AM »
That was so cool guys. Great to see old names still kicking some ass. :a-cheer: These kind of videos make the scene breath. Let's keep it alive. Fresh 10/10.

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 01:16:15 PM »
Anyone know who did that last one first? I only know BoxXx did it in SA.

TrYp did it in his " best of " from 2010, dunno if that's where it was released at first.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal