Author Topic: AERONAUTS - 48 hours  (Read 5130 times)

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: AERONAUTS - 48 hours
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 03:34:58 PM »
Haywire's stunts looked modded
Darkstar fucked uped editing with too much dark and blury picture
all others guys done great job, stunts was ok but best part for me was cut scenes, i always love see some scripting, nice acting and great humour, which was all together in this video

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 01:48:35 AM »
Fantastic video with an oldschool vibe to it. Great job everyone involved and special props to both editors who jumped in without much previous experience on a project of such scale.

Joy to watch the versatility of Dannye's stunts in this :ajaja:

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 03:51:23 AM »
Fun collab :wub: loved it

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2022, 06:29:45 AM »
Getting shots like 4:12 & 6:47 as first time editor is crazy to me.
I'm not sure what Darkstar tool does exactly but it sure has given us some beautiful cam work action.

Stunting was top tier for 48h. Standouts for sure were Max, Dannye, Suhzin (Think I never heard of this guy?) and Blaze hotring spin looked really cool.

Offline вαℓυ

• Lord of The Underground
  • Veteran Member
  • Killerstunter
    • View Profile
    • http://uk.youtube.com/user/Balujan
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 09:48:52 AM »
That was a great fucking video guys, loved the editing, and the stunts were awesome too. This made me feel very nostalgic and got me to launch VC again after years lmao.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2022, 10:00:34 AM »
That's some good stunting for 48 hours! Nice job on the editing guys, it's quite polished for your first big editing task :euro:. I liked some of the new camera types too, I've got to check out Simon's tool soon (no not that kind of tool :ninja:). Keep it up, it was fun watching a time limit video again.

UPDATE:

Camera angles were shaky at times in Puzzle's part

Yeah, sorry about that :cheersad: I tried dropping my DPI down to 100 and the in-game sens to the lowest as well but I found that the idle cam would take the wheel very quickly so I tried working my way around that by moving it around a lot which only now I realize is a massive eyesore :L Thank you lots for the kind words though! <3

You don't want to drop your mouse's DPI down too low, it doesn't just lower your sensitivity, it also governs the resolution of your mouse, so you'll start getting skips and jank in your angles because your mouse can't smoothly glide between modulations in motion (you can also disable idle cinematics with Freeplay by pressing A on your keyboard). Best off aiming for 400-800 DPI with mouse acceleration switched off (800 being preferable for best resolution and sensitivity balance) and lowering down your game's sensitivity, whilst using a dense mouse mat or firmly pushing down on your mouse to increase the weight of your movements :cc_detective:.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 10:27:52 AM by VaNilla »

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2022, 01:37:29 PM »
All in all it was an awesome collab! I only got a bit dissapointed that my 6x ledge grind got unused.. and I got the feeling that some stunts weren't done in the time limit, actually I'm sure about one: SuhZin's lc p2b - we received it months ago as a part of his audition. Other than that everything was great! I spotted few editing bugs aswell but that was nothing when the editors had their first serious editing job here! The first part was my favourite as long with the music and the whole vid got the old school feeling which I always support! Tumbs up guys! :a-cheer:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2022, 02:38:24 PM »
What a fun watch this one was. Simon's tool and his utilization of it was amazing to see and Puzzle did a great job editing his part as well. I loved the intro/midtro/outro scenes, glad I could contribute something with that simple script. Really digging the community vid vibes with the classic banners as well
Stunting wise Dannye, Rainbow, Ltab, Krypton, Haywire, Sorcery and Turbo really pulled through with some great ideas and executions but there were gems from others as well (just the ones that I can recall rn)
It's great to see how many stunts were sent in for this especially considering the short time frame this was organized and edited in. Wish I had some more time to stunt in my 48h (and more luck to land my spots). Let's do it again sometime :P
Big up

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2022, 10:00:40 AM »
also @maci if you're reading this, i hope you liked the way i landed that old ass CSM spot of yours ;)

I assume you forgot that I forgot that Barney already did it way back, back then  :lol:

Ohhhh shit, where did he land it? lmfaoo i can't even slightly recall it.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2022, 10:26:48 AM »
also @maci if you're reading this, i hope you liked the way i landed that old ass CSM spot of yours ;)

I assume you forgot that I forgot that Barney already did it way back, back then  :lol:

Ohhhh shit, where did he land it? lmfaoo i can't even slightly recall it.
https://gtasdb.com/video/indoctrination/130

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 06:03:03 AM »
Fun video with a community vibe to it. Loved the little intro you guys did in the beginning. The edit as solid and clear. Hopefully you'll produce some more  :cc_detective:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2022, 08:51:33 AM »
As some mentioned above, great video with a definite comvid vibe to it. It's just funny to me that a 48h timelimited video brings this feeling, but I'm glad it does. Stunting was good overall, Zero's stunts were spectacular and Simon did some remarkable car stuff too, but everyone did decent, really.
Editing was above expectations knowing this if your first editing guys. Honestly I liked both part, it was enjoyable and really well-made. My only concern is that the first part was too dark for me, I felt I don't see the stunts clearly enough. But it was made by Darkstar, so nomen est omen, I guess  :lol:

Overall it was just good to see the amount of people in this, I'm happy to see VC stunting is still going strong these days.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2022, 04:13:05 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMhZb9DlSY

Made a little reaction/commentary vid on the video and what the process was like for those interested ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xXNh_4nAFY

Thanks for the hard work my friends  :jajaja:

Thanks again for this man, was super fun to be on the receiving end of a live reaction ♥

fuck i should've made a live reaction, i forgor 💀💀

this video goes hard as fuck, such a nice feeling with these songs, the name tags, voiceover and shit, feels really nice to be back and participate in a fun and well made project in 2022, feels just like home
props to puzzle and simon for editing this really good too, great camera work by simon and his tool, and the warm and old school feel puzzle put with those colours and song choice too, y'all made me want to edit something now
the voiceover and scripting was so good too lmao it really ties up the whole video

fav stunts were krypton's LC rooftop combo and taxi boost prec, dannye's skimmer stunts, puzzle's SAiVC grind, rainbow's VC stoppie to grind and max's finisher (smooth ahh camera work)

GGs everyone! let's keep it up

I appreciate that a lot man, good to hear the vibe caught on :a-cheer:

It turned out great, my stuff was shit :(
Editing and style is the true old feeling.

Gj you all!

Thank you so much man <3

Let's start with the stunting, my favourites not in any order: Zero's stuff in general, Blaze's car stunt with the spins, Turbo's infernus wallride to grind and his freeway stoppie to precision, SuhZin's recoil CSM to roof, Ltab redoing Barney's CSM to double grind, all of Darkstar's car stunts and especially that last one because of the best execution of that stunt yet (at 11:31), Dannye's stuff (especially the hunter police car bump) but apart from the Voodoo stunt since Max did that 10x better in Pimpin 2, Gryzlek's wallspin to ledgegrind was nicely done and Puzzle's prefinisher. Anyone know who did that last one first? I only know BoxXx did it in SA.

When it comes to the editing let's start with the intro and outro because that was hilarious :lol: Great work there, lol'd quite a bit with the unexpected POEEEEEZZLE. The first camera shot into Krypton's opener was very awesome too! Excellent way to begin the video. There were a lot of nice camera angles in both parts so not going to name them all but just in general it was hard to spot that it's the first real edit any of you ever did so congrats on that :) I did notice it however because of the smaller things like Darkstar's part being rendered interlaced (I think) which results in a lot of tearing (pauze when Dannye's red infernus hits the ship grind at 3:29 for example, it's quite bad there) and Puzzle not knowing the Freeplay commands that disable the idle camera and camera object collisions. Like at 8:14 the camera had to be super close because of all the poles and the camera still forced itself into the player at the bump because it was not disabled. But that's just minor stuff and with a video this big it didn't distract me from enjoying it one bit. Great work :) And great music selection, very nice. Also nice to see the tool in action with that double stunt from Haywire and Sheikah, worked well.

I actually had boxXx' SA version in mind when I tried it too :lol: Thank you again for the in-depth review brother <3

Great video guys, everything is just perfect, you made me want to stunt again

If another collab of this kind is organized I will not miss it

Much appreciated homie, I'll make sure I get you involved next time

Too good for a 48h video. Loved the comvid vibe in it. :P

Yooo, good to see you around man, and thank you!

That was very entertaining. I've always loved voice acting, keep on doing that! So fucking funny.
The first part felt very 2008/09-ish which was really cool and the overall editing was good! Great songs too.
Nice stunts too of course, good job everybody!

https://gtasdb.com/video/aeronauts

Thanks Alex, was fun as hell to have all of those voices come together in a smooth way, join next time :a-cheer:

That was so cool guys. Great to see old names still kicking some ass. :a-cheer: These kind of videos make the scene breath. Let's keep it alive. Fresh 10/10.

Very glad you enjoyed it J, really appreciate the kind words too ♥

Haywire's stunts looked modded
Darkstar fucked uped editing with too much dark and blury picture
all others guys done great job, stunts was ok but best part for me was cut scenes, i always love see some scripting, nice acting and great humour, which was all together in this video

The blurriness is sadly the result of combining the 2 parts since we both use different editing software and had no way to merge the actual projects so I put his .mp4 into my project and then rendered it. Glad you enjoyed the skits though :a-cheer:

Fantastic video with an oldschool vibe to it. Great job everyone involved and special props to both editors who jumped in without much previous experience on a project of such scale.

Joy to watch the versatility of Dannye's stunts in this :ajaja:

Isak!! Thank you man, we had a blast doing it ♥ Glad you liked it

Fun collab :wub: loved it

<33 Join next time

Getting shots like 4:12 & 6:47 as first time editor is crazy to me.
I'm not sure what Darkstar tool does exactly but it sure has given us some beautiful cam work action.

Stunting was top tier for 48h. Standouts for sure were Max, Dannye, Suhzin (Think I never heard of this guy?) and Blaze hotring spin looked really cool.

The tool is sort of... Like a replay 'editor' in Blender..? Simon's gonna have to give you the full rundown on it :lol:

That was a great fucking video guys, loved the editing, and the stunts were awesome too. This made me feel very nostalgic and got me to launch VC again after years lmao.

<333 My man, thank you so much. Good to see you back

That's some good stunting for 48 hours! Nice job on the editing guys, it's quite polished for your first big editing task :euro:. I liked some of the new camera types too, I've got to check out Simon's tool soon (no not that kind of tool :ninja:). Keep it up, it was fun watching a time limit video again.

UPDATE:

Camera angles were shaky at times in Puzzle's part

Yeah, sorry about that :cheersad: I tried dropping my DPI down to 100 and the in-game sens to the lowest as well but I found that the idle cam would take the wheel very quickly so I tried working my way around that by moving it around a lot which only now I realize is a massive eyesore :L Thank you lots for the kind words though! <3

You don't want to drop your mouse's DPI down too low, it doesn't just lower your sensitivity, it also governs the resolution of your mouse, so you'll start getting skips and jank in your angles because your mouse can't smoothly glide between modulations in motion (you can also disable idle cinematics with Freeplay by pressing A on your keyboard). Best off aiming for 400-800 DPI with mouse acceleration switched off (800 being preferable for best resolution and sensitivity balance) and lowering down your game's sensitivity, whilst using a dense mouse mat or firmly pushing down on your mouse to increase the weight of your movements :cc_detective:.

Thank you so much man! <3 His tool does work wonders :cheernutz:
That little rundown will actually come in handy next time, especially the DPI thing, 800's my go-to so that's a pro off the rip. I guess adding friction will actually make for a smoother flow, true. Great to see you back on here and thanks again brother, hope all is well ♥

All in all it was an awesome collab! I only got a bit dissapointed that my 6x ledge grind got unused.. and I got the feeling that some stunts weren't done in the time limit, actually I'm sure about one: SuhZin's lc p2b - we received it months ago as a part of his audition. Other than that everything was great! I spotted few editing bugs aswell but that was nothing when the editors had their first serious editing job here! The first part was my favourite as long with the music and the whole vid got the old school feeling which I always support! Tumbs up guys! :a-cheer:

Very much appreciated man <3 However I'm pretty sure we didn't receive a 6x ledgegrind :cheersad: Would've definitely been used by the sound of it.
Also yeah, we didn't really check dates on reps honestly so if anyone sent stuff that was done outside of the 48 hours then I guess that says more about them.
Thanks again man!

What a fun watch this one was. Simon's tool and his utilization of it was amazing to see and Puzzle did a great job editing his part as well. I loved the intro/midtro/outro scenes, glad I could contribute something with that simple script. Really digging the community vid vibes with the classic banners as well
Stunting wise Dannye, Rainbow, Ltab, Krypton, Haywire, Sorcery and Turbo really pulled through with some great ideas and executions but there were gems from others as well (just the ones that I can recall rn)
It's great to see how many stunts were sent in for this especially considering the short time frame this was organized and edited in. Wish I had some more time to stunt in my 48h (and more luck to land my spots). Let's do it again sometime :P
Big up

Your little script added a whole new dimension to the video man, I'm so happy with it.
Thanks for taking the time to do the voicelines as well <3

Fun video with a community vibe to it. Loved the little intro you guys did in the beginning. The edit as solid and clear. Hopefully you'll produce some more  :cc_detective:

Thanks dude, happy you enjoyed it :a-cheer:

As some mentioned above, great video with a definite comvid vibe to it. It's just funny to me that a 48h timelimited video brings this feeling, but I'm glad it does. Stunting was good overall, Zero's stunts were spectacular and Simon did some remarkable car stuff too, but everyone did decent, really.
Editing was above expectations knowing this if your first editing guys. Honestly I liked both part, it was enjoyable and really well-made. My only concern is that the first part was too dark for me, I felt I don't see the stunts clearly enough. But it was made by Darkstar, so nomen est omen, I guess  :lol:

Overall it was just good to see the amount of people in this, I'm happy to see VC stunting is still going strong these days.

We did go for somewhat of an oldschool feeling and that's partially because that's all we really knew how to pull off too :ninja: Glad everyone caught onto that and enjoyed it as much as we did making it :D

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:44:48 PM by puzzLe »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2022, 07:37:45 PM »
So many stunts for such a short time-frame, love to see it! The whole video was put together really well, with solid editing work by both of you and all the fun scripted sequences slotted throughout. Seeing Darkstar's tool in action was great, and it was especially satisfying to see those two stunts composited together without needing to limit the camerawork options (and I got a good chuckle at the end with the back and forth about sharing the roof).

Some editing highlights for me included the camerawork leading into the opening stunts of both parts; the transition from Darkstar's hotring docks stunt to Sheikah's downtown taxi ring in part 1, and the drumbeat-transition in part 2 going from my boat grind into Rainbow's stoppie to grind; the camerawork used to capture Max's LC taxi stunt in part 1; and how nicely you guys captured both of my vehicle-hit stunts! Favourite stunts for me had to include Sheeptea's Part 1 grind to csm bump to roof, Haywire's part 2 opener, and Sorcery's part 2 psm to ledgegrind.

All made for a good fun watch, nice work everyone!
And cheers to Sheikah for organising the project! I had a blast stunting on that weekend to get stuff for for it.

---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyMhZb9DlSY
Made a little reaction/commentary vid on the video and what the process was like for those interested ♥
That was great, I very much enjoyed getting the behind-the-scenes look at the project! As for the disappearing gun (which I must admit I hadn't actually noticed until you pointed it out), yeah that is strange. There is a Freeplay feature for showing/hiding player weapons - set to F10 in the last released version (moved elsewhere for an upcoming release) - but if that wasn't pressed then I'd say it indeed must be a bug of some sort.

the Voodoo stunt since Max did that 10x better in Pimpin 2
Thank you so much for mentioning this! The voodoo stunt is something I'd been wanting to do for ages, but never had much luck with it, and while I was very happy to finally get a version of it while stunting for this vid, it wasn't how I'd originally envisioned it. And now that I've watched Pimpin 2 (also a really fun video!): Max nailed it, that's exactly what I had in mind - it's super cool to see it fully done.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 08:18:31 PM by Dannye »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2022, 12:44:07 AM »
Bump, more replies pls  :euro:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal