Author Topic: The AllBeast Method.  (Read 16609 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Re: The AllBeast Method.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2022, 03:09:01 AM »
fixing missing roof textures to give some boost to activity of the game is le bad... because it just is ok? (only neo anderson fixes allowed!)

fixing slow roads in sa is le bad... because it just is ok ?

cutting down the hours on attempts is le bad because I'm too personally invested to have a conversation ok???
If you're open about it and label your video/post it in the right section, literally no one would care.

Make videos using the slow road fix, but post it in the modded section.
Fix VC cols if you want, but post it in the modded section.
Fix LC cols if you want, but post it for everyone to use.

This really isn't that hard of a concept to grasp. Plenty of respected people have made modded videos in the past and not gotten shit for it. The thing people actually dislike is the dishonesty. If you're trying to pass something off as legitimate when it's not, then any shit you get for it is totally on you.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2022, 03:09:51 AM »
good to see stunting has finally been solved

surely people would not want to spend hundreds of hours on spots anymore because they've already moved on with their life and have something else going... right?

some funny comments around, especially from people who mainly land boosts in vc, which are essentially 99% roulette where you have no control at all past getting off the wall (and thats a good thing!!!!)

fixing missing roof textures to give some boost to activity of the game is le bad... because it just is ok? (only neo anderson fixes allowed!)

cutting down the hours on attempts is le bad because I'm too personally invested to have a conversation ok???

Holy shit what brillant a display of modding :lol: Definitely a better take on cutting stunts mid-way than your DSS mate luli :) Only TBV could defend that. Go watch some ATS videos and reformulate your idea of stunting :)

Haywire, what are those M50 pads?
post from your main account schizo

also can someone post actual video with no reaction that doesnt add anything at all to it ?

another thing: still waiting for fckr to post his method (which is actual modding)
If you really want more time to enjoy life, just fuck the fuck off from stunting altogether. Have I helped you gain more free time?
take a break until you stop seething this hard

that was the plan iirc, as for the rest there is no set label its whatever people generally decide, but all discussion were instantly shut down by jannies ;_)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:12:51 AM by STREEM »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2022, 03:15:25 AM »
good to see stunting has finally been solved

surely people would not want to spend hundreds of hours on spots anymore because they've already moved on with their life and have something else going... right?

some funny comments around, especially from people who mainly land boosts in vc, which are essentially 99% roulette where you have no control at all past getting off the wall (and thats a good thing!!!!)

Holy shit what brillant a display of modding :lol: Definitely a better take on cutting stunts mid-way than your DSS mate luli :) Only TBV could defend that. Go watch some ATS videos and reformulate your idea of stunting :)

Haywire, what are those M50 pads?
post from your main account schizo

also can someone post actual video with no reaction that doesnt add anything at all to it ?

another thing: still waiting for fckr to post his method (which is actual modding)
If you really want more time to enjoy life, just fuck the fuck off from stunting altogether. Have I helped you gain more free time?
take a break until you stop seething this hard
You think having multiple checkpoints to do stunts is a good thing because...to save time? So you're happy for the initial challenge part of stunting to be nullified, am I understanding your logic correctly?

Stunting was never about making things easier for ourselves. We have convenient tools for stunting, yes - spawners, teleporters - but nothing that would actually directly affect landing the stunt. That was meant to boil down to luck, skill, perseverance.

If you can't be fucked to put in the effort, then stop trying. Goodbye.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2022, 03:27:33 AM »
You could just argue about what people wrote. Why was what people wrote funny?

And this feels like it's directed at me like the youtube comment you deleted about me being disingenuous, care to elaborate about that?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2022, 03:29:15 AM »

that was the plan iirc, as for the rest there is no set label its whatever people generally decide, but all discussion were instantly shut down by jannies ;_)
Generally full map mods are accepted as not modded, but if you're changing the original map it would count as modded.
This has been the gold standard for pretty much all the games.

Why? Because when people see a map that isn't the main map of the game it's a given that it's obviously a mod. However if people see a stunt done in the original map then there's no obvious tell that something has changed. Thus if you want to change something in the original map, put it in the modded section. Make it obvious. Could we all get together and vote on proper labels for everything? Yes, but this has generally worked fine over the years.

And from what I remember from the LC col fix, people were mad that it wasn't release to everyone. Just to a couple of internal people who then made a video using it, before anyone else even had access to it. That was the problem, not the fix itself.

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2022, 03:34:17 AM »
Stunting was never about making things easier for ourselves. We have convenient tools for stunting, yes - spawners, teleporters - but nothing that would actually directly affect landing the stunt. That was meant to boil down to luck, skill, perseverance.

They were to be fair. Half the stunts that have ever been done on PC are probably in the realm of unrealism if you tried them on console. Dannyes, trainers and so forth are quite literally to make landing the stunt easier. Dealing with health, peds/traffic, vehicle health, water death, vehicle despawns etc etc, all contribute to making a stunt 'difficult'. And hell, we accepted spawning vehicles in weird locations (thinking of PSMs, CSMs, vehicles on roofs etc), because it's technically possible, and opens up more stunting options in return. Even though by default you'd have a horrible time trying to get that vehicle in that position without any outside assistance. This form of checkpointing is essentially the same.

We can't just conveniently ignore that landing a stunt is overwhelmingly about time investment, very little about your 'skill' at playing the game. Hence, difficulty in landing a spot is directly tied to the time involved in setting it up, and putting the attempts in.

Something like 'checkpointing' is more calling into question the spirit of stunting, rather than what makes landing something easier. And equally, our preferred way of actually playing the game. Should stunts by default be landed in one motion from start to end? I'd probably argue yes, because it adds in more variables like your reaction to the game in realtime and such. As well as the fact that reloading VM savestates everytime you want to go back sounds clunky as hell and generally annoying.

I'd also say I've recently considered doing something vaguely similar in pausing the game mid attempt, capturing a video replay, and then using it to assess what I should do next, before unpausing. I struggle to see how that could be considered 'modding' and is probably something I'd be fine with if people were using that in videos. Allbeast's version is a further extension of that in many ways.

Probably the more sensible way forward for this imo would be to have an easier method of doing it (though that might be insanely difficult/impossible with regular game modes). Have a Dannye's style thing that does it with hotkeys, and throw it into it's own bucket of 'checkpointed' videos. People that want to do this can have their fill, and it could be fun to play around with if not for the VM bullshit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 03:39:10 AM by DeathCobra »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2022, 04:32:43 AM »
They were to be fair. Half the stunts that have ever been done on PC are probably in the realm of unrealism if you tried them on console. Dannyes, trainers and so forth are quite literally to make landing the stunt easier. Dealing with health, peds/traffic, vehicle health, water death, vehicle despawns etc etc, all contribute to making a stunt 'difficult'. And hell, we accepted spawning vehicles in weird locations (thinking of PSMs, CSMs, vehicles on roofs etc), because it's technically possible, and opens up more stunting options in return. Even though by default you'd have a horrible time trying to get that vehicle in that position without any outside assistance. This form of checkpointing is essentially the same.
All our current tools are mainly to help us try the stunt faster, be it setup, player health, vehicle damage, no traffic and teleport. However the stunt itself has always been without any sort of help, it has alwasy been raw gameplay. I think save states crosses a new boundary, because the stunt itself is now being aided by tools. Which is why I would consider this TAS and not anything else we've done. I think it's fine, but definitely needs it's own section.

Offline STREEM

• ☯♫
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2022, 04:38:41 AM »

You think having multiple checkpoints to do stunts is a good thing because...to save time? So you're happy for the initial challenge part of stunting to be nullified, am I understanding your logic correctly?

that's all fine and dandy, but it's still just your perspective that you are trying to shove down my throat for whatever reason. what it was/was meant to be/whatever is still anyone's interpretation

I'd also say I've recently considered doing something vaguely similar in pausing the game mid attempt, capturing a video replay, and then using it to assess what I should do next, before unpausing. I struggle to see how that could be considered 'modding' and is probably something I'd be fine with if people were using that in videos. Allbeast's version is a further extension of that in many ways.

there were attempts of cutting sa replays and molding them together in sa, which were supposedly successful, this is just a second hand information though - some better informed people than me could probably say more

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2022, 04:40:25 AM »
All our current tools are mainly to help us try the stunt faster, be it setup, player health, vehicle damage, no traffic and teleport. However the stunt itself has always been without any sort of help, it has alwasy been raw gameplay. I think save states crosses a new boundary, because the stunt itself is now being aided by tools. Which is why I would consider this TAS and not anything else we've done. I think it's fine, but definitely needs it's own section.

The 'stunt itself' imo includes work done to set it up and try it. There's just no argument that an average spot will be equal difficulty, if one person is using Dannyes with everything enabled, the other has damage, traffic, peds, despawning, etc. These things inherantly influence the stunt itself, because the attempts of that stunt will be less consistent and take longer.

there were attempts of cutting sa replays and molding them together in sa, which were supposedly successful, this is just a second hand information though - some better informed people than me could probably say more

Different to what I was considering. But replay splicing was my main suspicion of what beast was doing ye. At least I was in the ballpark.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 04:42:04 AM by DeathCobra »

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2022, 04:48:48 AM »
nice topic

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2022, 05:02:00 AM »

that's all fine and dandy, but it's still just your perspective that you are trying to shove down my throat for whatever reason. what it was/was meant to be/whatever is still anyone's interpretation

Using your sort of logic, teleporting a vehicle to a roof is an acceptable method of achieving a stunt.

That's how I interpret what you're saying anyway.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2022, 05:03:30 AM »

The 'stunt itself' imo includes work done to set it up and try it. There's just no argument that an average spot will be equal difficulty, if one person is using Dannyes with everything enabled, the other has damage, traffic, peds, despawning, etc. These things inherantly influence the stunt itself, because the attempts of that stunt will be less consistent and take longer.
By the 'stunt iteself' I mean what we see in the video. Generally videos will not show multiple attempts or how it was setup. So the 'stunt' for everyone but the stuntee is just gonna be that section of the gameplay where no tools are being used. I'm not trying to say that stunting on console isn't harder, that's not my point. I'm literally saying that these are time saving tools. My point is that using save states is on a different level to what we have been doing.

Offline khaimyk

• alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2022, 05:13:11 AM »
I can play hecg very easily with this method lol 🐧

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2022, 05:15:29 AM »
just for statistics, that last landing on ship grind with rotation taked 500 attempts from me to make it like that, multiple it to 1 minute for try or more and now you can see how "easy" it was

Offline khaimyk

• alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2022, 05:16:32 AM »
just for statistics, that last landing on ship grind with rotation taked 500 attempts from me to make it like that, multiple it to 1 minute for try or more and now you see can see how "easy" it was
I love you dude

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal