Author Topic: Krypton - Oceanview  (Read 9645 times)

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Krypton - Oceanview
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2020, 09:13:13 AM »
Wow, it was a fresh video, liked a lot! Both editing and stunting were very good and the atmosphere reminds old type videos. Great job!
Can't believe that we haven't found the way to land the lighthouse like you did, this stunt was impressive for me and deserves to be a finisher. Also opener, midair grab, and zebra prec (which i bailed million times, thx for landing) were my favs in this video, but other stuff was same good and solid, especially p2bs.
Unexpected amount of vids in 2020 is just pleases and it's cool too see that some old names are still on board. Keep it up!

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 09:23:55 AM »
I'd love to write down my thoughts in a review template.  :euro:
Added a review template to the main post if anybody is interested :)

Thanks for the love everybody :wub: I really do appreciate it!

Thanks for the thoughtful comment Nem. Just wanted to make a kick ass stunt video, and for me an intro/outro detracted from that.

I landed the natbump at 2:03 without knowing it was old by Danger (props to him for landing it), I found out afterwards but had spent too long on it and I am still proud of landing it.

As for the song, I realize the lyrics are trash lol but it sounds like something I would have heard back in 2004-ish which I love.

Thanks for all the comments everybody!!

E: Thanks ARS  :wub: That boost was brutal for me as well, landed the mid section 4 times before finally nailing it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:26:24 AM by Krypton »

Offline Faiz

• DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 09:59:09 AM »
every stunts were awesome :D, love the editing too , it remind me some good old 2015 feelings:D

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »
Amazing stunts I didn't want this video to end at all! I've seen few of the stunt in clips before, but with edit and all they are even better!

Good job mate!

Offline Turok

• DSS Crew
  • Yes, this is Turok.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 11:01:59 AM »
REVIEW TEMPLATE
Opener 0:10 : I remember when V showed me the clip a while ago. My jaw dropped. This natural stunt to precision is my cup of tea
Drop bump 2 prec 0:19 : My favorite stunt in this video. I remember having this idea in my head as I was trying my drop bump there for Prehistoric. Don't know why I didn't try it but it's good to know this prec gets pwned for the second time naturally.
PSM 2 grind 0:28 : Love the packer setup and execution
Drop bump 2 gap 0:42 : looks very hard to get a good dropbump there with the speed you reach. Godlike stunt tho
Ramps 2 BB grind 0:52 : felt fillerish to me
P2B 2 BB 1:05 : I like the stunt but those billboards have been landed in so many ways there that I can't keep track of what's new and what's old  :lol:
Freeway bump 2 crane 1:14 : You owned this stunt which was old in SA with nrg. The freeway is a nice touch which adds to the vehicle diverity.
[MaCi]P2B 2 BB 1:24 : you never cease to amaze me with your epic spots man. Flawless execution.
Backbump MAG 1:32 : Another filler imho
Bump 2 grind 1:41 : nat bump to long distance rail grind.. did you summon Eddeman's spirit for this one? Sick!
[Nem]PSM 2 prec 1:56 : it's a cute stunt. Didn't you use it in another video before?
Bump 2:05 : I think this is old but still great execution!
Boost 2 prec 2:18 : someone landed the middle part if I'm not mistaken but the left tower is tops of the tops
[Haywire]Drop PSM 2:33 : very clever psm setup. Nice stunt dude!
Bump wallhit 2 grind 2:44 : I know how crazy it is to get that grind on VC engine with those spins in midair. Didn't like the execution a lot but I bet it's the best you could get
CSM 2:53 : it's a good stunt. Maybe better for a collab
Finisher 3:13 : one of the most creative finds ALL TIME on vc. Great finisher choice.

I've watched this solo about 5 times already and I'll still be rolling it over and over again. It's just so good. The edit was also top notch and the music was very fitting and enjoyable! I have 0 problems with the lack of intro or outro. In fact I would've skipped them anyways rofl. You and Rainbow are my my favorite active stunters. I love your styles!! Can't wait to see more from you in the future.  :a-cheer:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2020, 11:39:57 AM »
This was amazing! Loved every single stunt in here, great executions and ideas, also the guest stunts were sick (although not sure why nem used his HOV2 stunt again)
Also good job on the editing, nice cam angles and effects that carried the song and made it interesting to watch, didn't want the video to end
All in all one of the best solos released this year!

e: might as well do a full review

Opener 0:10 : Awesome stunt and execution, very clean landing (sadly mateus lost this one)
Drop bump 2 prec 0:19 : this one took me by surprise, landing that prec looks tricky
PSM 2 grind 0:28 : I wonder if that is possible naturally, either way creative psm set up and good execution
Drop bump 2 gap 0:42 : HUGE dropbump, especially with the "wallride" leading up to it
Ramps 2 BB grind 0:52 : felt like one of the weaker stunts in the vid but still a creative stunt and run up
P2B 2 BB 1:05 : Sick!! one of my favorites
Freeway bump 2 crane 1:14 : I lost that one as a spot, good call using the freeway there
[MaCi]P2B 2 BB 1:24 : Sick! looks so obvious but not easy as the run-up seems very short
Backbump MAG 1:32 : Nice one
Bump 2 grind 1:41 : great execution, looks like you barely avoided that tree
[Nem]PSM 2 prec 1:56 : it's a good stunt but old
Bump 2:05 : Old by danger but still a worthy stunt to put in here
Boost 2 prec 2:18 : this looks tricky, props for staying up there and I like the rotation after the boost :wacko:
[Haywire]Drop PSM 2:33 : Another huge one! a lot pf psm stunts which I am not a fan of but at least they were put in good use
Bump wallhit 2 grind 2:44 : the idea is old by cooper (landing the red rail) but I liked your rotation after the wallride
CSM 2:53 : I don't like cars stuck in rails but it's still a great stunt, you gotta get creative landing overwhored buildings
Finisher 3:13 : amazing find and nice execution! this landing took me by surprise, glad to see the lighthouse landed in a new way
Also fitting finisher for the title of the solo :P

Offline TrYp

• Veteran Member
  • X
    • View Profile
    • http://sampforum.hu
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »
That was insane, I am truly speechless.

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2020, 12:11:29 PM »
Thanks for the full reviews and kind words Turok and Max ;D I wasn't aware Nems stunt was old but meh, I'm over it. still a cool stunt imo

Bump 2 grind 1:41 : nat bump to long distance rail grind.. did you summon Eddeman's spirit for this one? Sick!
Finisher 3:13 : one of the most creative finds ALL TIME on vc. Great finisher choice.
Means alot dude thanks so much <3

Freeway bump 2 crane 1:14 : I lost that one as a spot, good call using the freeway there
The higher part is definitely possible with a pcj, I've come close. but 10x harder on an already tricky bump. Thanks dude!

Thanks TrYp and everyone else for the comments :) Glad you dudes are enjoying
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 01:36:07 PM by Krypton »

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2020, 12:43:09 PM »
Great video both stunting and editing wise! Lost airport p2b2bb as spot but never really tried it. My favorites were the opener, lc boost and saivc bump2grind.

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2020, 09:40:52 PM »
I've been blasting this song all night. Great riff.

Obviously killer stunts. Nice, clean editing. Good render too. Are you using LC timecyc in LC and SAiVC and then some other in VC? It looked a little off. Anyways, top stuff.

e: Now someone go land SA lighthouse and no iBSM bullshit.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 09:46:26 PM by jakuba »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2020, 12:50:05 AM »
(although not sure why nem used his HOV2 stunt again)
I knew that I've seen it somewhere before :ninja:

Offline Erwin

• aka Kage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2020, 01:39:07 AM »
Amazing man, very enjoyable video and that finisher is too sexy!

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2020, 02:34:26 AM »
This video makes me want to stunt. Which I think is the biggest compliment I can give to a stunting video. First two stunts were my favorites, something very satisfying about seeing someone push known spots to their limits. Good job!

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2020, 07:42:44 AM »
The finisher is such a cool find and after trying it for 15-20 minutes I can only conclude I have no idea how you did it  :lol: Sick one.
Thanks Rainbow :wub: Thats actually such a fun little ramp, you can get some wicked air from it. Took a while of doubting it was even possible before figuring it out. Put something on the stairs and bump back, the rail on the dock might be grindable from it.

Are you using LC timecyc in LC and SAiVC and then some other in VC?
Yes the LC timecyc was used in LC and SAiVC and the original VC timecyc for VC. Was going to put the LC timecyc on VC as well, but wanted to have a little old school VC look to it.

This video makes me want to stunt. Which I think is the biggest compliment I can give to a stunting video.
Wow thanks Simon  :wub: I don't think I am alone when I say I would love to see the name Darkstar/Simon pop up in a video once again. Have you completely abandoned the name Darkstar these days?

Thanks for the kind words everybody :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 08:34:35 AM by Krypton »

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2020, 08:35:05 AM »
e: Now someone go land SA lighthouse and no iBSM bullshit.
landed already, but with Forklift :>

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal