Author Topic: [DSS] LEVIATHAN  (Read 11580 times)

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
[DSS] LEVIATHAN
« on: August 28, 2022, 12:03:38 AM »

Click here for the GTASDB link.
Click here for the review template.

I'm on my 2 day vacation as I post this, but this is what happens when you turn me into the Vilma Santos of editing. Probably.

3 months ago, Skuller hit me up on Discord asking me if I could edit their crew montage, and of course I accepted his offer (and got 1 guest stunt in return which I included), fast forward to 3 months and it turned out really nice! I thought I lost it even before editing Rainbow's solo. This feels like one of the big projects I have ever edited (other being Nem's last collab which was released over a year ago) and I think I'm proud of it and I hope DSS are proud too. HUGE shoutouts to them for this video.

You may (or may not at all) have noticed that there's a train model in Smut's dodo stunt, that is actually the NPC heli using the train paths which are meant for later versions of LC. It is included in the Drive folder link below.

And for the first time ever, I made a behind the scenes commentary for Leviathan, so if you have time I recommend you watch it, link is just below the thumbnail.

As always, grab some popcorn, make a reaction video like Jason usually does and enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
UNAVAILABLE

Performances by:
AllBeast | Ezraph | Faiz | MaCi | Nem | Sheeptea | SkilZ | Skuller | Smut | Streem | The Big V

Normalize K-Pop as work motivation.
STAN STAYC.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:46:47 AM by Ezraph2001 »

Offline The Big V

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
Re: [DSS] LEVIATHAN
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:04:32 AM »
asd  :cheernutz:

E: Full review by The fuckwit Small P

0:00 Intro: I like the humor in the intro, with the newspaper page. Especially the part with the non-retard units lol. The news-like vocie acting was a nice add.

0:31 Skuller VC huge natbump 2 roof:  amazing, its cool to see the top finally landed, after its been a challenge for so many years. The opened this video deserves.
0:40 MaCi LC psm backbump: This spot is a great find, the recoil and the landing were beautiful. I bet one of the hard parts was probably getting between that pole and the wall. Infernal Blood part 2 intensifies
0:56 Nem VC hotring vice point area: great execution, the wall of the second bump seems high to reach, same for the angle.
1:04 Skuller SAIVC csm 2 green prec: backwards landing, really neat CSM and a new way to land that prec.
1:14 Sheeptea VC bump 2 ramp 2 bump 2 krail 2 grind: I saw some of your previous attempts and the way you actually landed it now was really unexpected and probably the best way to land this grind. Turned out to be a combo, not just a bump 2 grind. Very impressive, really
1:27 Skuller VC airport huge ramp 2 silo: another legendary spot landed, beautiful execution bumping the first silo and landing the further
1:41 Nem VC viceport hotring 2 ship: stopping there seems like a pain in the butt
1:53 Faiz VC doublebump: literally owned BK
2:08 MaCi VC grind 2 stoppie 2 ledge grind: amazing grind combo, perfectly grinding that 2nd ledge. gj
2:17 Nem VC sanchez bump 2 airgrab 2 roof: old spot with a twist, not a huge fan of AG
2:25 AllBeast VC ramp 2 grind 2 csm 2 420 2 bump 2 grind: combo-masta  :ninja:
2:37 Sheeptea LC boost 2 watergap 2 docks: holding on to that tiny prec from such a great height seems marvelous
2:57 Faiz VC psm 2 prec:   you've unlocked the "Holy Roof Badge", LEGENDARY
3:11 Smut LC cheetah barracks bump: VC's burn. <3
3:20 Skilz VC downtown boost 2 prec: Great taxi boost with a tight prec. Top part ftw
3:31 Skuller LC bump 2 cork 2 grind: Nice find, cool execution and got lucky not bailing at the end.
3:41 Nem VC doublebump: I love this one. The pink roofs are not poss I guess?
3:48 The Big V LC tank bush 2 blown skimmer bump 2 roof: Hi mom
4:03 Skuller VC tankbump 2 construction ramp: BGH old spot landed.
4:11 Faiz VC police bump 2 roof: Yep, thats probably the reason this building is on the logo of the vid. Owning it for the 3rd time in one vid.
4:20 Sheeptea SAIVC skimmerbump 2 roof: Landing this part is definitely makes the stunt more complete. H-U-G-E + nice rotation!
4:28 Smut LC dodo pharmacy area upside down under the train tracks 2 flip 2 chimney prec: Variety is always welcome.
4:43 Sheeptea SAIVC p2b 2 roof: MASSIVE. One of my fav bigairs in this video. And another old spot landed.
4:54 Ezraph VC stoppie 2 ledge grind cooper style: Im glad you relanded this one, definitely a much better execution (also exactly at the doorstep of the haitian house)
5:07 Skuller LC csm 2 red container: Creative way to use 3 vehicles. Cool CSM
5:19 Sheeptea LC ramp 2 csm 2 roof bonk 2 roof landing: You dont see All Beast being owned every day, so this one is definitely a killer, and the landing is just ooof.
5:34 MaCi VC downtown boost 2 bump big air 2 prec: the wall being used properly to not land a random roof to the left, but a tall prec. Gj
5:47 Nem VC hotring double bump 2 mall: Great landing, I've tried this spot and reaching the parking is not as easy as it seems
5:57 Streem LC packer 2 bump 2 roof: The angle makes this stunt still new, definitely Streem style p2b.
6:09 Smut VC squalo flatbed bump 2 prec: Smut be placing non-bike vehicles on places no one ever imagined.
6:16 Sheeptea LC trash bin double bump 2 glass roof: A worthy finisher of the first part. H-U-G-E

6:38 Skuller SAIVC csm 2 chimney prec: Another holy roof badge. CSMs like these are spectacular to witness
6:48 Smut LC barracks bump 2 construction prec: Cool landing. I didnt notice a bump from the barracks, was it even needed there?
6:56 Skuller SAIVC angel 3x grind: Cool combo
7:06 Sheeptea SAIVC polebump 2 red roof: Cam angle couldve been a bit better here. Seems like a hard angled landing there.
7:13 Sheeptea SAIVC freeway ramp 2 tree bump 2 grind:   Not bad, felt a bit like a filler compared to your other ownage stunts
7:28 Skuller LC angel 6x grind: flawless execution. For a second I thought you were also going for the fence xD
7:43 AllBeast LC ramp 2 wall 2 krail 2 bonk 2 3x grind: ground recoil ftw.
7:54 Sheeptea LC boost 2 bridge wire stuck: spiderman landing man.
8:02 Smut VC hotring ramp 2 heli bump 2 prec: Love it
8:12 AllBeast VC huge bump 2 prec: Totally unexpected tbh, I know this was a challenge inside the DSS chat, you nailed it actually

8:28 Credits: Chill outro music

Soundtrack: Good picks, 2nd part felt more hardcore

Editing: Big thanks to Ezraph for taking and finishing this project. The first part felt nostalgic, brutal and exciting all at the same time. Angles were great, the CC was fitting, cinematics were on point and the overall feeling of the video definitely carried a DSS vibe. I think you did a good job, and most importantly a clean edit. It was a great watch.

Overall Performance: Everyone did a great job, lots of standouts (plus holy roofs), its 2022 and DSS managed to pull another CV. Hands down
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 01:42:15 AM by The Big V »

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 12:13:33 AM »
DSS own.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 12:26:11 AM »
WOAH AWESOME, big thanks to Ezraph for being a boss

will definitely do some epic long detailed comment later!

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 01:08:13 AM »

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 01:37:17 AM »
Smut is a car God. That helicopter hit to prec was ridiculous. Maci, sheep, and skuller also owned. Great edit too

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 01:38:49 AM »
Alright, my first ever video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZvIXJjURLY

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 02:14:30 AM »
beautiful vid. ezraph's style is incredibly versatile, really nice to see how much his style can develop and change. too many standouts to name, but Smut, Faiz, MaCi and Skuller's stuff had my jaw dislocated for sure. lost a few that i'll never land anyway. everyone killed it, sick work as always
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 02:19:18 AM by Nerve »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2022, 05:16:34 AM »
Amazing video DSS. It's so great to see you guys still landing fantastic stunts! I'm gonna try to remember my favorite ones:

- MaCi: You landed some neat stunts mate. That Double Grind was one of the best grind combos ever landed in VC imo. Really well thought. That little stoppie between the grinds was so smooth and made the stunt even more interesting. I really liked your huge PSM backbump too.
- Nem: Really great car stunts. Loved 'em.
- Sheeptea: That grind on 1:20 was perfectly executed. So freaking good. Great find. Also your bigair stuff was out of this world.
- The Big V: Tough landing on that huge tank stunt. Sick. :ajaja:
- Skuller: You had amazing stunts as always. That "box" landing on LC was nuts. Loved it.
- Faiz: You had sick stunts on this. Liked every single one of them. That PSM to prec was fire.
- Smut: Solid as always. One of the most talented VC stunters around. Good job mate.
- Allbeast: Great grind combos and ouch... That landing on the finisher must've been hard... Good job.

Editing: I really liked the camera angles. Amazing job on that. The effects were on point but i think the overall atmosphere didn't really fit with those songs. :ninja: But i guess you made a great job since they are kinda mediocre and generic.

Overall one of the best videos of the DSS catalog. You guys keep pushing VC stunting even further. It's incredible.

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 07:49:23 AM »
Nice!

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 11:24:57 AM »
Great video with some really top notch stunts, I'll comment my favorite ones.

0:31 Skuller VC huge natbump 2 roof: this is one of my favorites of the video. Vertical bumps like these are always nice to see, and I love this rotation that you got. Great way to start the video. I wish we could see it from at least one more cam angle.

0:40 MaCi LC psm backbump: another banger of a stunt, didn't expect you to go all the way to that roof and that surprise factor was really a plus.

1:14 Sheeptea VC bump 2 ramp 2 bump 2 krail 2 grind: great idea, great execution, my favorite combo of this video!

1:27 Skuller VC airport huge ramp 2 silo: how the fuck?

2:08 MaCi VC grind 2 stoppie 2 ledge grind: another one with a +1 surprise point, great idea, perfect execution

4:20 Sheeptea SAIVC skimmerbump 2 roof: how high was that? that's the first time that roof is landed, right?

5:19 Sheeptea LC ramp 2 csm 2 roof bonk 2 roof landing: that landing hahahaha good job on getting that one landed, I bet you fell off that roof more times than I imagine

5:34 MaCi VC downtown boost 2 bump big air 2 prec: nice landing, that looked hard as fuck

6:16 Sheeptea LC trash bin double bump 2 glass roof: my favorite stunt of the video, you can take my comments on the opener for this one too about vertical stunts and shit. Plus, that was straight from the ground!

Overall, this was a good watch. Everyone had a least a good stunt, and Sheeptea, Skuller and MaCi were the highlights!

Good job  :D

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2022, 12:15:35 PM »
Thank you Ezraph for the edit! Motherfucking well done man. I was honestly a bit worried how it would turn out as the beta was pretty shaky but goddamn you brought it home. I knew you were a really good editor before but after this you conviced me you're a fucking great and not to mention versatile editor.

My 10 favorite stunts:

Skuller's opener:                        Natural always beats everything.
Skuller's ramp to silo:                  Ditto.
Faiz's PSM to precision:               Fucking yes!
Sheeptea's Dodo bump:             Fucking epic.
Sheeptea's SAiVC P2B:              Old spot I never really cared about but once I saw it landed...goddamn!
Skuller's Construction site CSM:   Sometimes it's more than okay to use three vehicles.
Sheeptea's Callahan Bridge CSM:  Finally!
Streem's P2B:                           Ditto.
Sheeptea's first part finisher:       Gogo nat!
Skuller's second part opener:      Also, "finally"!

Of course everyone did a sick job contributing. Nem and Smut with their car stunts and TBV with his mandatory epic tank bump.

;D

Offline Theonly One

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2022, 01:38:46 PM »
Amazing effort, guys!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 01:42:47 PM by Theonly One »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2022, 07:24:47 PM »
Well that was sick, just brilliant stunting overall! I enjoyed Ezraph's editing a lot, very solid :a-cheer:, however I must say that I felt that the colours were slightly washed out, which somewhat pulled me out of the mood, that's my only particularly noteworthy suggestion for improvement (worth checking out videos like Aetas, Fracture, Homunculus, Interlocked, Petrichor, Suspension, Techjam, and Vernissage for some great colour inspiration off the top of my head :happy:).

I scarcely want to single anyone out, it kind of feels like a disservice given how hard everyone seemingly pushed themselves, just know that you all did great in my eyes, for what it's worth :mellow:. I was slightly surprised to see Ezraph's ledge grind though, I landed it back in my early years of VC stunting in some challenge topic (not sure if I used the left or right building to start), but your landing was miles cooler between the door frame, nice job :P. Now I don't want to be insensitive, so I'll make this quick, but I have seen a couple of you guys defending the usage of save states in a separate topic, so with respect, I was just wondering if they were used for any of the stunts in this video? I'm not accusing anyone at all, just to be crystal clear, I'm genuinely just wondering what DSS's stance on them is in crew videos versus TAS videos, no judgement merely curiousity, hopefully that was sufficiently tactful :euro:. Sickest video I've seen in VC for a long time if not, but if so it personally isn't my jam.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 07:48:32 PM by VaNilla »

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2022, 08:00:43 PM »
I would've liked to see the finisher from a different angle, but regardless this was fuckin cool way too many good stunts to mention, great job everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal