Author Topic: [WH]Doperide IV - VC  (Read 30549 times)

Offline Gaz

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Stoner
    • View Profile
Re: [WH]Doperide IV - VC
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2013, 02:19:26 AM »
Its fucking shame that you guys modded every single big air, mainly you davve.

Wow, it sounds interesting, tell me more.  :cc_detective:

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2013, 03:09:34 AM »
Well guys, many things had been said already and I don't want to put attention to them again. I am not a vc stunter so I think I am not able to take into account the details of every single stunt. The main difference what i see through my peasant eyes in compare with other videos is, that while there are probably 2-3 outstanding stunts pointed out on the end, here I was seeing them through the whole video.

Its fucking shame that you guys modded every single big air, mainly you davve.
Nice job, goomba.

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2013, 03:33:05 AM »
It was pretty darn cool. I saw here three stunts, which I tried but never could make a normal attempt. I was surprised by Demon's boost on antenna, I have long tried to land this. Some stunts I don't like but still all the stunts were great. Also LLS lost Daffy's double grind at 2:48
Thanks dude, I'm sorry to hear someone lost their stunt to me :(

The editing was pretty much clean and that's how a stunting video should be edited.
Agreed, at least that's how I see it with crew videos.
Taking too much creative freedom to the point where the editing dwarfs the stunts is really disrespectful to the person who did the stunts effort and time, so I could have done more but not without sacrificing the 'visibility' of the stunts.

Editing style looks like in Ubiquity style, not in Doperide style, really. Overall editing was greate and music was awesome but few stunts showed bad. I liked credits. Good Job WH, another greate crew video.
There is not a 'doperide style' in terms of editing, there's years between each video that don't really have anything in common except the title and fucking badass stunts.
It makes sense that it shares similarities with Ubiquity as that is the previous video I edited and it should not come as a surprise that there's commonalities in the techniques I used for both.
Also the theme of Ubiquity which means 'present everywhere' was that we used both engines in 1 video thus us being 'present everywhere'.
To call this a sequel to Ubiquity as someone else mentioned would not have worked with that in mind.

One little thing, Daffy why didn't you used my barrack bump2mall grind at SAiVC? :(
Two reasons, 1. that I couldn't fit it in and 2. I couldn't get 30fps when I tried to record it so combined with the fact that I couldn't fit it in I didn't bother to find a way to get 30fps.
I'll gladly use it in the next video though as it's still a solid stunt :cc_detective:

Damn that felt really good, almost like WH from 08-09.
Thanks for pointing that out as I figured there has been quite a while since the 'typical' WH videos from 08-09, I wanted to get back to that but still meet the 2013 standards so it's almost like a 2.0-version of the old style if that makes sense...

Daffy- Holy crap man your stunts were amazing as always!
Thanks dude, though I think I'm getting more praise than I should compared to some of the others (not directed towards you, more of a general statement)  :happy:

WH PCJ fest is released! I mean, what the video lacked the most is both vehicle diversity and more vc/lc stuff.
The PCJ is the fastest vehicle in the game thus it's the most exciting one to me, I mean would you rather see a car going at max speed at 70mph knowing that all the stunter did to execute the stunt was holding down one button or a bike going at 180mph while sparking are shooting and there's a ton of shit happening all at the time knowing that person who did it had his (or hers) senses peaking like cracy scrambling to not fuck it up as there's a ton of shit that can go wrong but there's also many opportunities to save it instead of just holding down a button hoping for the best.
And sure I suppose we could use heavier bikes instead but I still think it's more exciting to watch someone go as fast as they can on a PCJ and land a 180ft roof than someone going as fast as they can on a Sanchez/Freeway and landing a 100ft roof, and though I guess I can be boring to see the same vehicle over and over again chances are that there's some interesting things being done with.
This is just how I see it though but I think some of the crew members would agree.
As for VC/LC vs SAiVC I see your point but who cares, a stunt is happening and there's some buildings and/or natural environment around the action taking place, does it really matter what fictional virtual city that surrounds it? Really?

Sweet video!! Didn't dislike a single stunt, great skills. Demon you were a beast, keep it up!

Kickass performance from all of you, including the choice of song + editing Daffy, great work :)
Thanks dude  :D

what happened to Eddeman? as far as i know he was in all VC videos from WH since he joined, kinda sad to not see him in this one, did he stop stunting? cuz that would be such a loss for all the community
I guess this time around Stevex didn't do a good enough job at shouting at him to get on Skype and open GTA :P

...and Daffy's wallride 2 wheelie 2 grind and his BB landing, liked Ralleee's stuff (good to see you back in action?).
I got a bump from the sidewalk so technically it's not a wheelie.
Rallleee lost those stunts when his HDD died a while back, I sent Herr-Dav' a PM and asked him if he had them and he did.

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2013, 03:48:15 AM »
I'm a spokesman and I'm just here to say that Gaz' opinion about Davve's stunt is sarcasm. Nice one Gaz, don't keep them coming!

Offline Gaz

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2013, 03:58:00 AM »
ok I didn't mean to confuse you guys even more. I can barely imagine more obvious sarcasm but well, it was my derisive reaction on situation which is happening here. I mean the mods and stuff what is absolutely funny in my eyes. I wanted to point out how impressed am I by all those big airs mostly by yours, davve.  ;)

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2013, 05:06:27 AM »
Sorry, Gaz, I should've figured it was sarcasm. Almost feels like I should apologize for how seriously I take this but I won't

I'll stop focusing on the negative atleast. Thanks everyone for the kind words, it's quite heartwarming! :wub:

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »
WH PCJ fest is released! I mean, what the video lacked the most is both vehicle diversity and more vc/lc stuff.
The PCJ is the fastest vehicle in the game thus it's the most exciting one to me, I mean would you rather see a car going at max speed at 70mph knowing that all the stunter did to execute the stunt was holding down one button or a bike going at 180mph while sparking are shooting and there's a ton of shit happening all at the time knowing that person who did it had his (or hers) senses peaking like cracy scrambling to not fuck it up as there's a ton of shit that can go wrong but there's also many opportunities to save it instead of just holding down a button hoping for the best.
And sure I suppose we could use heavier bikes instead but I still think it's more exciting to watch someone go as fast as they can on a PCJ and land a 180ft roof than someone going as fast as they can on a Sanchez/Freeway and landing a 100ft roof, and though I guess I can be boring to see the same vehicle over and over again chances are that there's some interesting things being done with.
This is just how I see it though but I think some of the crew members would agree.
As for VC/LC vs SAiVC I see your point but who cares, a stunt is happening and there's some buildings and/or natural environment around the action taking place, does it really matter what fictional virtual city that surrounds it? Really?

Well  it doesn't matter if a stunter keeps pressing one button or several ones, it's a matter of style which can be seldom connected with those skills like rads. And I don't really imagine how stunter felt when he was trying something, I am always being excited about the stunts themselves, how stylish they look comparing to how hard they are. I'm not the only one,  because if taking into consideration past years' (2012, 2011) nominees for a best stunt, you can only find a couple of bigairs from those, which proves my point in a way. All stunts with all kinds of vehicles might be exciting too, not only with the fastest vehicle in the game.

As for the maps thing, it's always more interesting to watch new vc/lc stunts rather than saivc ones. Which stunt would you choose - the one which was done on the overwhored map where almost all possible ideas were executed before, or in the one which still has X times more possibilities than the preceding map? Of course this point is only my subjective opinion, I don't plan to impose it to anyone.

Edit: I'm not saying the stunts are bad by the way, it's just I'd like the video more if not these mentioned points. :P
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:16:18 AM by Ed »

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »
Good shit! As expected as the standards of a WH vid are always striving to progress.....and the bastards keep doing it...with clean a execution.

The editing was really clean in that i mean i was focused on the stunts. Nice cam work and it had the usual vibe of a grungy palette WH vid.

Really liked all the stunts, there were no fillers imo. That taxi tower landing was tight! i liked smut's stylish rocky wall climb to grind. Daffy's nat bump to BB in LC made me go, damn why didn't i see that lol. I've been lookin for other landings for that BB. Like i said, enjoyed everybody's stunts, and kudos to the patience of getting those big airs.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 07:16:47 AM by Samurai »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Sam  :wub:

Well  it doesn't matter if a stunter keeps pressing one button or several ones, it's a matter of style which can be seldom connected with those skills like rads. And I don't really imagine how stunter felt when he was trying something, I am always being excited about the stunts themselves, how stylish they look comparing to how hard they are. I'm not the only one,  because if taking into consideration past years' (2012, 2011) nominees for a best stunt, you can only find a couple of bigairs from those, which proves my point in a way.
It doesn't prove your point other than when it comes to opinion and if that's your opinion that means that you don't value seeing something performed skillfully as much as you value the other points otherwise you woulda mentioned it (and it proves there's a whole lota stubborn, misguided motherfuckers here xD).
I'm not denying the fact that easy stunts can look really visually stunning but add an awesome technically perfect execution where there's a chance the performer might bail the stunt but then somehow avoids it, that makes what you see on the screen more impressive.
When for example you see someone perform a very vertical stunt, that is impressive because it's really hard to go straight up without any significant distance and it's just that that makes a visually stunning stunt because of the difficulty that you are able to see right there.
Again I'm not denying your point, but you and a lot of people seem to have a problem acknowledging our point, this 'sharing-viewpoints' shit works both ways you know, or not at all  :cc_detective:
And this sums it up I guess.
All stunts with all kinds of vehicles might be exciting too, not only with the fastest vehicle in the game.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 10:03:50 AM by Daffy »

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2013, 10:18:06 AM »
Awesome job guys, loved the editing too Daffy. Simple and effective with subtle variety it kept me wondering how is it going to progress and it delivered well enough to keep my eyes locked on the whole way through, good job. Solid video guys, time for SA :ninja:

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »
Definitely Doperide worthy ! Great job all of you !

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »
I wanted to write a longer review but I just can't.

Extreme shoutouts to Daffy (I really liked the editing and your stunts owned the video, honestly).
My favourite stunts apart from Daffy's were:
- MaCi's grind (woah, the style is off the bar on this one!)
- Demon's p2b precision (should've been the finisher in my opinion)
- Davve's bumps to grind (incredible)
- Stevex's double grind (MaCi gave this to me as a spot and I remember trying it on and off for a long while but never managing to get it done without bailing, I just loved the way you came off it)

but every single stunt was superb in my eyes. My favourite WH VC video in a long, long while (I think the latest video I liked more was Neuralgia).

10 out of freakin' 10.

Offline Ed

• MO Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
It doesn't prove your point other than when it comes to opinion and if that's your opinion that means that you don't value seeing something performed skillfully as much as you value the other points otherwise you woulda mentioned it (and it proves there's a whole lota stubborn, misguided motherfuckers here xD).
I'm not denying the fact that easy stunts can look really visually stunning but add an awesome technically perfect execution where there's a chance the performer might bail the stunt but then somehow avoids it, that makes what you see on the screen more impressive.
When for example you see someone perform a very vertical stunt, that is impressive because it's really hard to go straight up without any significant distance and it's just that that makes a visually stunning stunt because of the difficulty that you are able to see right there.
Again I'm not denying your point, but you and a lot of people seem to have a problem acknowledging our point, this 'sharing-viewpoints' shit works both ways you know, or not at all  :cc_detective:

Wow, take it easy dude. First of all, it's just a video game, secondly "the other points" you mentioned can be easily understandable from the context, thirdly you could have avoided the insolent attitude against me.
The actual skill takes no more than one fifth of landing a stunt, the majority is still luck, which doesn't seem related to how one's used to physics of the game. You're only proving yourself being impudent this time.
Where did I actually say I like easy stunts, could you mark my words? I like stylish stunts, like your ones in the video. I do consider some skills, but you have to agree that anyone from our community could possibly land the stunts from this one as long as they put some effort and considerable amount of time (proportionally to luck). And every stunt, even a hella hard infernus or faggio/pizzaboy stunt can be performed in a way you mentioned, with a cool twist. Though I agree that vertical stunts are kind of cool, but how does it relate to my post anyway?

Thanks for denying my point and then saying you didn't. No offence dude, it's just a formal constructive argument, and not really against you or anyone. :P

Oh, and your opinion

I mean would you rather see a car going at max speed at 70mph knowing that all the stunter did to execute the stunt was holding down one button or a bike going at 180mph while sparking are shooting and there's a ton of shit happening<...>

actually is quite opposite to my one:

All stunts with all kinds of vehicles might be exciting too, not only with the fastest vehicle in the game.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:19:58 PM by Ed »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
I just noticed it the logo for this video in someone signature. Who thought that would be a good idea? Holy shit how incredibly ugly.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2013, 03:47:05 PM »

Said the guy with the ugliest nickname around
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 03:51:17 PM by Plani »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal