Author Topic: Dear GTAS  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
Dear GTAS
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:07:07 PM »
Good [insert fitting word depending on current location], GTAS!

At the time of writing this precise sentence the time is 1:25AM and the date is the 26th of June, 2013. The latest video by Wasteland Heroes ”Doperide IV” has now been out for about 16 hours.

Walking down my own Memory Lane I try to find my way back to the start of my stunting career. What a sentimental trip this is... I see myself beginning the school I just happily graduated from, I see the time I got a basketball kicked to the jaw, I see the first time I saw the girl I am now in a relationship with and all this is all well but a couple of blocks in front of me I see a trail. The trail turns right and continues along the road I just walked. I look down at the beginning of the trail and I see something on the ground, it's a letter. I open the letter and read this confusing message ”all you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ”.

Sentimental and nostalgic or dumb and pathetic but that event, picking up San Andreas, has changed my life. I remember the first time I tried to grind. I didn't even know stunting was a thing so I thought this new method of driving onto a fence with the NRG and then balancing by leaning was a genius move on my side! About a month later I saw my first ”proper” stunting video, Burning Out, a timelimited video organized by Shadowsniper. After I saw that video I knew I had a long way to go. After this debutwatch I stumbled upon several videos by TMS, XSA and GLS who at the time were the true masters of san andreas. My interest for SA was definitely the dominating part since I had never played VC and after some time in the world of stunting (mainly as a member on TheGTAZone) I released my first videos. They were released about a year apart and I am still proud of the finisher in The New Beginning.

CaBaDaBooM Stunts

The New Beginning

The time that followed is in my mind a big blur. I recall joining XSC, becoming friends with people. Seeing PtRvY's XSC audition where he used a modded VC bike. The memories, man... Some time after joining XSC I remember signing up to the place where all the pros hung out, at GTAStunting.net. This was the place. I felt like an amateur actor walking around in Hollywood dreaming of all the greatness that surrounded me. I would during this time grow in all kinds of ways. This forum showed me why the internet can be such a great tool for friendship but also a great tool for those constantly looking to spread their own hatred and suffering onto others. The tough competetition immediately increased my anxiety concerning my own level and I started to get high standards, maybe too high for the time being. So high in fact that the solo I started working on at the time (around 2007) was released as the video Plug & Play in late 2011. As I mentioned, most things in my memory just blur together and right now I'm trying to summarize this blur as much as I possibly can but somewhere around this time I joined SS (not the Nazis) and got an interest for VC a lot more than earlier after landing the finisher for Power Cut.

[SS]Power Cut (not muted anymore?)

Plug & Play

After Plug & Play I just stopped. The criticism for the video was pretty good and at times a lot better than I had expected so I was pretty happy with what I had accomplished. I had mentally quit stunting by this time. Fast foward a bit and I get a PM from Daffy inviting me to join WH. This PM ignited a spark that turned into a flame larger than I could've ever imagined. Wasteland Heroes... THE crew. Exodus. Gazuntei. Avalanche. Ethereal. I would be a part of all that. But the idealistic image I had quickly changed. Not for the better nor for the worse to be frankly honest but for a more realistic image. Wasteland Heroes were seen by many as modders, liars and well... douchebags. I couldn't fathom why. During my time on the forum I've never met such genuine people who shared a passion for stunting. The same passion I had. WH had organized a VC video and I felt that this was my time to shine. I started to frequently skype with Stevex and we shared spots and tried them together which completely changed my boring lonely spottrying to something social and eventful. We talk and joke and do whatever the fuck it is we do while trying the spots that 90% of the forum think are impossible.

The people who suspect me of modding probably won't change their minds but during my time in WH this far I have learnt how extremely underestimated the vice city engine is and how you when all variables align can get the hugest of airtimes or the sickest of grinds and it saddens me that almost none of you reading this will even remotely understand what I'm trying to say. Call me elitist but the only mod I've been using and will ever need is the internal mod in my head that keeps me trying a stunt for several weeks, months and sometimes years.

This text is in most ways just utterly pointless but for me it isn't. Stunting has always been a journey parallelled with my life and it bears great importance for me but the release of Doperide IV and the best stunts I've landed is met with either very positive criticsm which I highly appreciate or modaccusations. Believe it or not but I'm not one to express fury but this time I find it impossible not to. People claim stunting is dying and you, the constantly doubting community is the fucking reason. The people who push the boundaries are ignored and accused while the motherfucker who grinds a ledge followed by landing a fucking golfcart is praised. What in the fucking fuck are you doing, you stupid ignorant self-centered fucking cunts? When a stunt you can't land gets landed it's modded. You fucking disgust me. If you have a reason for accusing, good job, you qualify to the land of the living. If you just accuse because you just think it's a bit ”off”, go fuck yourself.

Funfact: At the beginning of this text I told Stevex on Skype that ”I'll tell them to fuck off but in a nice way”. That ended well.

You people haven't so much ruined my experience as much as you've made me focus on something else, on my own satisfaction of landing a stunt and that is precisely how I want to end this text, positively. I couldn't be happier with my performance in this video. Some of the stunts I've landed are even to me mindbaffling and I didn't think they were possible until I stood up there.

Many of you are fucking douchebags but many of you also aren't and to you I say thank you so much for the lovely time I've had and hopefully the time to come.

//Davve

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
Re: Dear GTAS
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
Can you get any faggier?

Offline Davve

• Veteran Member
  • Colossus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »
No can do, broseph.

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 06:39:45 PM »
Well that was an nice read, can't beliefe I couldn't get bored while reading half of this.
I have to agree with you in many points but fact is that even ledge grinds that been landed on an golfcard in the end can look great, even if you only need a few tryes for it. It's the creativity and ideas what counts not the difficulty, well it's great that you can try a stunt for months or even years but if they doesn't look good in the end it doesn't pay off really (that doesn't mean that your stunts look like shit, they're great) sexyness > hardness. But anyways I'm expecting more sick stunts from you, don't let you drag down from the modding inspectors, they'll always be there. But imagine what if they wouldn't be here, every fucking fag would steal your spots and land them when your tryin them for months and one dude comes and land it in a few tryes with some mods.. everything has his advantages and disadvantages ;)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
I just think most people don't care as much as you do about this stuff is all....

"When a stunt you can't land gets landed it's modded. You fucking disgust me"

I mean are you fucking serious? IMO: find something more worthwhile to invest your emotions and psychic energy into.

I'm glad I found stunting, and I've had heaps of fun times with it (ofc including meeting new people, making videos and so on), but I would never let it leave me with more negative experiences than joyful ones. I think some of the people who spend A LOT of time on their stunts these days seem to develop a superiority complex, and seem often more bitter if they spot modding or lose stunts than I can imagine I would be if it happened to me.

I also think it's kinda fucked how some people treat "noobs" or "modders" as shitty human beings, while "veterans" are shown respect and admiration. Basically we're all just people on here and I wish that GTAS aura as a whole was more positive.

Oh and just so people know, I've pretty much stopped stunting. Can't remember what the last stunt I landed was, and it wasn't in 2013 that's for sure :P happy to see there are still dedicated stunters out there though :D

Offline Cooper

• Veteran Member
  • fumo porro meto drop bump
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Nice read, stunting is art and a way of expression, you shouldn't pay much attention to the mod acusations

around this time I joined SS (not the Nazis)

The people who push the boundaries are ignored and accused while the motherfucker who grinds a ledge followed by landing a fucking golfcart is praised.
:lol:

Online Argy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »
I hate myself for not being able to understand this high-level english :( still I could understand most of the text but I think I understood the most in more like a "feeling" way, you know?

Stunting its something pretty special for me aswell, It touched my heart from the first time I rode a PCJ, I fell in love with it and I will always be (for more gay as that sounds). Besides the enjoyment it gives whether doing it or watching a video it helped me with other stuff like learning english rather understand it, not speaking or writing as you can see lol   and defining my musical taste...

To not going offtopic I must say you are loosing your head with these modding acusations, when you are supossed to laid back and enjoy this new "phase of your carreer" if you want to call it that way, there will always be people to drag you down in whatever you do.. its nature of humain being, you can't fix that.
The thing is to stay true on yourself and if you know you didn't modded shit thats all what matters...

Im happy for you cause you could find someone to stunt with as you mentioned, keep doing that and please do not care of what other people say, thats the only way to be in peace with yourself :)

PS: long live XSC ;D and since you were talking about nostalgia: [24h] Wrap It Up
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:35:44 PM by Argy »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 09:09:52 PM »
The people who push the boundaries are ignored and accused while the motherfucker who grinds a ledge followed by landing a fucking golfcart is praised. What in the fucking fuck are you doing, you stupid ignorant self-centered fucking cunts?.

two people or so accused you and a lot of people praised you and this is your reaction? Jesus Christ. Calling people stupid ignorant self-centered fucking cunts JUST because they don't share your view. Listen mate, landing a golf-cart got old really fast, but so did your "pushing the boundaries". Landing hard stunts isn't pushing boundaries, it's landing hard stunts. Pushing the boundaries is about seeing what people can't see, new ideas and whatnot. And I'm sorry to say this, but none of your stunts in Doperide IV do that in my opinion. All of your spots are well known and some are even old in SA. I don't think they are modded, but I don't think they are much better looking than landing on a golf-cart. Calm down and let people like what they like.

Offline Determined

• Pro Coral Collector
  • Veteran Member
  • Pridestalker
    • View Profile
    • Determined's YT Acc
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
Pushing the boundaries as in doing stuff others deem impossible, is in fact, pushing the boundaries. It's not just doing what others think not to, it's also doing what others can't do, or think they can't.

Online Argy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 09:25:44 PM »
also I didn't saw that much people accusing you of modding in the first place :blink:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:44:46 PM by Argy »

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 10:31:55 PM »
The video was awesome! don't let the hatas stop u from doin ya thang plus at the end of the day stunting is much more fun or rather enjoyable when you stop taking it so seriously it's just a game.. once again great video WH!

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2013, 02:43:51 AM »
The video was awesome! don't let the hatas stop u from doin ya thang plus at the end of the day stunting is much more fun or rather enjoyable when you stop taking it so seriously it's just a game.. once again great video WH!
I am sigging this so hard.

Offline PawNLighT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2013, 03:33:10 AM »
davveboy take it easy man  :mellow:

Offline KillaMarci

• <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Don't you remember the monsters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2013, 08:45:45 AM »
If people think anyone here mods I can personally send them some recorded Skype convos that are 12+ hours long of us trying to land one stunt and NOT landing it in the end. Stunting is just dedication and luck. The skill just determines how long it takes you to land the stunt, the luck decides when you land the stunts, and the dedication ensures that you actually do land the stunt.

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 09:01:26 AM »
just have fun with what you are doing and fuck everybody

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal