Author Topic: Tutorial: Hitting Pole's  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Tutorial: Hitting Pole's
« on: February 25, 2005, 09:28:35 AM »
This tutorial was made by me (Ghostchild), at www.GhostChildren.tk (a Grand Theft Auto stunting forum)! I've made  some other stunting tutorial's that are featured over there, like grinding tutorials. I'll be posting weekly stunting tutorials over there, so be sure to stop by at least once a week! All of us at www.GhostChildren.tk wish to hear from you, so please register and post abit. :D lol

[span style=\'color:blue\']Do not post the tutorial somewhere else without my aprovel! If you want to post it you'd have to send me an email asking me if you may do so![/span]

[span style=\'color:red\']Tutorial: Hitting Pole's[/span]

I thought I'd make a tutorial about hitting pole's and roofing while using pole's.

Hitting pole's and roffing while using them is really easy! All you need is abit of practice, if you scroll down this post you'll find some really nice and easy practice spot's. But the first thing you need to know, besides that all you need is abit of practice, is that you must hit the pole while doing a wheelie! It's not like bumping (I'll post a tutorial about that later) where you pull the bike back right before you hit the bump. Here you'll have to do a wheelie for awhile before you hit the pole.

So the you'll also need to know how to do a wheelie. To do a wheelie you have to hold NUM9 (if your using the default controlles) down, but release it when you can see that the bike is too far back. Cause of you hold NUM9 down for a too long time you'll eventualy just fall off the bike. Practice a wheelie before you try to hit the pole and roof some of the roofings I've posted futher down the post.

When you've got the hang of the wheelie, drive towards the pole while doing a wheelie. Try to keep the bike as close to about 40 degrees all the time. You'll need to hit the pole at about 40 degrees so that you dont just crash into the pole and fall off the bike.

Once you've hit the pole and your in the air, try not to loose your concentration! Try to keep it at all times when stunting. Now try to get as many spins as possible, but be cearful! You'll need to have the bike back at 0 degrees when you land. So try not to "overdo" the stunt, cause than you'll just fall off the bike when you land.

If your going to do a roofing with use of a pole, than you'll need to press the left/right button (depending on which side of the pole the roof is). But this takes alot of practice! So dont be counting on that you'll make it on the first run. Here you might see that I'm turning the wheel abit to the right and that's about what you should try to do when hitting the pole

I should point out that diffrent kinds of pole's atend to make a diffrent kind of stunt. If you take a look at the pole, on the picture that say's "Another easy one:", you'll soon see that that pole is more likely to break, and make you go through it, than to make you bounze back. On the other hand, the pole on the picture above this, is more likely to make you bounze back.

There are also a kind of pole that are made of "wood", and that pole is totally solid, by that I meen that it wont break. Ever! So you can have any speed you'd like when you hit that kind of a pole, but the other pole's I've shown you, you'd have to be more cearfull with your speed, because you might break it and not get as high as you would like.

A easy one:

Another easy one:

Not that easy:

Study them, and you'll find some other clues about the secret to hitting pole's and roffing with use of them. ;) Look at which angle I'm hitting the pole, which angle I'm coming from, where on the pole to hit.

Some other stuff about hitting pole's: You can make some incredibly large spin's with the use of this, and you'd be amazed about how high you can get using this stunt! My personal rotation record using a pole is 2000++! But in order to get that amount of rotation you'll need to use another technique. I'll post a new tutorial (or just edit this one) when I feel that you've learned this. Though I dont think that your all rookies! I know that many of you are great stunters, but theres a few I know still are in the "novice class", if I can call it that.

Thank you for your atention! :D

Offline marklund

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 09:40:32 AM »
Okay, You are REALLY good at writing tutorials. You should make a  "how to stunt 2" movie!

But you posted it in the wrong section, this is the SA tutorial section.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:41:43 AM by marklund »

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 09:42:06 AM »
Hehe, thanks. As I said at the forum the tutorial is really from: I thought about it (lol), but I'd rather write a tutorial ;)

Yeah, but there's not a tutorial section for Vice City. Not that I saw at least :S
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 09:43:12 AM by Ghostchild »

[madman]

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 06:19:59 AM »
Nice ghostchild.  ;)

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2005, 08:53:34 AM »
Interesting San Andreas stunting......... :P

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2005, 02:26:33 PM »
Damn, nice tutorial. :) Taught me a few thangs. I suck at hittin poles, I never really try, there kinda all luck.

Offline Ghostchild

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 01:38:01 AM »
Luck?! :P I think poll's are one of those things in Vice City that the least of luck..! :P Hehe, glad I could help ;)

Torque: Yeah I didn't see the tutorial forum in the Vice City section of the board. Well if an admin or a moderator could come and move it, it would have been great! ;) :D

Offline aMpT Mike

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 12:05:14 PM »
do hitting poles really require a tutorial  :huh:

there's not much to it

Offline comaboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 12:25:41 PM »
maybe for newbs, but i'd probably say that for most tutorials.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal