Author Topic: Evolution of Infernus Stunting  (Read 14299 times)

Offline PrzemOO

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Evolution of Infernus Stunting
« on: February 21, 2023, 02:47:38 PM »

Foreword
I've set on a quest and have gone through the SA Videos catalogue of GTASDB (currently at 1283 videos) chronologically in search of Infernus stunts. The goal was to extract most of them and showcase the time-stretched process of mastering controls of a single vehicle and grinding spots with it by the collective GTAStunting community.

Why specifically Infernus stunts?
Infernus stunting has been slowly changing ever since 2005 and its peak has only been reached as late as ~2017 (in my opinion), which makes the progres over the years more evident for a viewer as opposed to, say NRG stunts. It also helped that an average video contains only a few Infernus stunts - the task of trying to encapsulate 18 years of infernus stunting didn't seem to be too unrealistic.

About the video
This is a compilation of many many Infernus stunts extracted straight from their original videos. I tried my best to go chronologically, show different styles of stunting and fill out the blanks where there was no data on GTASDB (i.e. stunting leagues entries). I should however stress that this video does not contain every Infernus stunt ever landed. I am also sorry if I got anything wrong (date/video/first person to claim a spot in a legit manner).

All in all I'm happy with the outcome, I think it helps to paint a picture of the general level of a certain time period; to gauge how good a stunt was at its time and pays tribute to those who pushed the limits. Thanks to Aries and MaCi for running GTASDB, without which this video would not have been created; Bart, Rusch69 & UndeadX for helping out with the stunts selection and correcting me when I got something wrong. Also thanks to all the stunters in this community, past and present, for keeping this outdated niche hobby alive.

Stunters
Code: [Select]
Ace
Afterlife
Alienboy
Ars
Artifex
AtmoSFe4R
Avi
Balas
Balsam
Bart
Biel
bj070893
Bobsaget
Brainkiller
Bumsnudl
Burn
Buzzsaw
Chaos
Clankinator
CleanDogg
Cloudwalker
Cookie
Corevil
Corey
Crack
Crait
Crankey
Daffy
Daksad
Dan
Danio
DaredevilX
Darkstar
Daro
Deadman
DeathCobra
Dejv
Diaz
Dundee
Dust_n_Bone
Edddie
Eddeman
Erney
Ev0x
EvilMan
Explosion
Feka
Fire Dragon
Fishu
Flathead
Flex
Flow
FoxMaster
GDL
GangstaG/Baseline
Genyus
Gotups
Greendead
Grescha
Gryzlek
Guardian
Hachiko
Haywire
Helios
Herrarge
Hidden
Hinza
Hoefi
How3tt
Insan
Instel
Jackob
Joako
Jomra
Juan
JustCaus3
Kacknase
Kafeine
Kafel
Kallesetae
Kast
KaynT
Kert
Ki4o
KillaMarci
Killer-K
Kitz
Kompot
Koza
Kr3mlin
Kraft
Krailer
Krs
Kruth
Ktulu
Kusiu
Legend
Leo
Lex
Lighting
Liviu
Longi
LordJo_Ash
Makrame
Master Yayo
Maxpower
MeetMyMeat
Mewka
Michu
Minq
Misguided Angel
Mistake
Mqth
Mts
Named
Nauthiluz
NightKnight
Nikedj
Noname
NuclearDeath
Numdmind
Numero
Nyze
Ocean
Odd
Omni
Onix
Ostis
Painkiller
Pep
Plani
Poti
Prog
Promagic
Przemoo
Puzzle
RAD
Raekwon
Raffal
Ralleee
Requiem
Resser
Reynolds
Roach
Rok
Rusch69
Ryder
Salyn
Savatage
Scavenger
Scooby
Sear
Sh4rk
Shadowsniper
Shark
Sheikah
Shifty
Skamer
Skilz
SlayerUK
Slim
Smajl
Snickerz
SnowMan
Solozzo
Souzuk
Spidex
Sport
Stevex
Streem
Sweet
Szmytek
Tackleberry
Tacojoe
Taz
Tomiboy
Toty
Tracker
Turtle Dick
UndeadX
Unknown (Push It Past The Limit, The Collective crew videos, Stealth 2, Parangon)
Vaca
Virus
Vitalic
Vmx
Warow
Wheelman101
Worldtime
Xeno

Streaming
YouTube

Offline SyperDimon

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution of Infernus Stunting
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 04:26:38 PM »
Nice!

Offline Jomra

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 04:26:47 PM »
Good job man, one and a half hours of pure infernus action. I don't wanna know how long this took you but this is a great contribution to the archive of gta stunting. I feel like the burnt ass finisher should have been included but I get why you didn't include it. Big question, what is your favorite infernus stunt now that we have all the significant ones in a video. top3, top5, top10, top20 give me everything you've got

Offline DeathCobra

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 04:36:18 PM »
Amazing

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 06:28:39 PM »
That's crazy man, such a massive job - I don't know anyone with a more encyclopedic knowledge of stunt videos than you ;D. I feel old for remembering the release of most of these stunts! :unsure:

I'm happy my personal favourites of my own Infernus stunts showed up too :ninja:. I think this would be discovered by a wider audience if the YouTube title mentioned it was an SA video though, since the Infernus shows up in every 3D GTA game :euro:.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 04:44:32 AM »
Massive respect man. I can't imagine how much work was put into this! It's insane.

It's great to see how some stunters were way ahead of its time, like How3tt in 2005. Also, Turtle Dick was always an Infernus genius. For me the Infernus Trinity is Turtle Dick, Grescha and Bart. With a honorable mention to Liviu and Requiem.

I don't know which is the hardest stunt ever landed with an Infernus but the best one stylewise will always be Requiem's Aqua Finisher (47:12). That's the best stunt ever landed with an Inf in my humble opinion.

I would love to see another historic project like this one, maybe now showing the best stunts from which year or a compilation of the gamechanging stunts, i don't know 🙂 anyways good job!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 04:47:23 AM by Plani »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 10:42:09 AM »

Offline Demo00n

• ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 11:20:37 AM »
Massive respect man. I can't imagine how much work was put into this! It's insane.

It's great to see how some stunters were way ahead of its time, like How3tt in 2005. Also, Turtle Dick was always an Infernus genius. For me the Infernus Trinity is Turtle Dick, Grescha and Bart. With a honorable mention to Liviu and Requiem.

I don't know which is the hardest stunt ever landed with an Infernus but the best one stylewise will always be Requiem's Aqua Finisher (47:12). That's the best stunt ever landed with an Inf in my humble opinion.

I would love to see another historic project like this one, maybe now showing the best stunts from which year or a compilation of the gamechanging stunts, i don't know 🙂 anyways good job!

style wise, I wouldnt know but big-air wise I have 3 I think will never be topped:

Burnt Ass finisher
Dystortion Finisher
and Burn's massive double bush bump in Burnt ass 3:11

Ofcourse there are other incredibely good stunts like minq's finisher but for me these are THE ones

Offline VacaLBH_

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2023, 11:39:53 AM »
Amazing work!

Offline krs

• one man army
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2023, 12:41:26 PM »
Yo Przem, first off - huge respect and congratz on putting this long-ass video together, can't even begin to imagine how long it took you to go through all those videos to then pick them apart, and put those parts in a new project. It must have taken tens of hours, crazy stuff. It just goes to show how invested you were/are in this community and stunting in general, even after all these years. I remember hanging out with you and other Polish stunters back in 2010/11 in SA:MP, those were some fun times.
Thanks for this "little" trip down memory lane brother, and all the best to you  :P

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2023, 05:32:29 PM »
Remarkable work! This took some serious dedication, props to you PrzemOO!

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2023, 08:02:41 PM »
Crazy amount of work man, hats off to you Przem. And of course Aries and Maci too for having started up the GTASDB.

Feels really good to see how the level and technicality of the stunts progress over time, makes me think of all the possible compilations or analysis we could make with GTASDB at out disposal and even more so with the database getting constantly updated, with old videos rolling in.
Burn, Grescha, Bart and UndeadX have landed some of the greatest stunts in time in my honest opinion. Some dudes like How3tt and Turtle Dick were visionaries considering the time when they landed some of the first stunts.

Thank you for making this kind of content!

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 07:56:27 AM »
Amazing, 17 years in an hour and a half. It was a great watch and experience from the beginning to the end!

Offline Omma!

• SeƱor Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2023, 12:03:26 AM »
Amazing effort my friend! I can't imagine how much work it took to collect all those stunts, props!

Offline MV

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2023, 06:43:09 PM »
I'd like to extend a thanks to you for compiling the massive amount of history in this video. On a SA:MP server I administrate, we have a HECG styled minigame, where I've composed a "database" of all of the original landings of our stunts in the minigame, with timestamped links to the videos of those landings in the original post. This video has helped me identify some stunts origins, as well as correct where stunts were originally landed. I went ahead and credited you here as well as in the original post as a contributor :)

Apart from that, I'm in awe at the significant lengths that you've gone to make this video, and it was well worth the full watch. Seeing the "pioneers" of technical infernus stunting such as TD, and the general progression of incredibly talented stunters like Grescha/Bart has been a great watch & revisit.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 06:45:10 PM by Nerve »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal