Author Topic: Tips & Tricks (Outdated)  (Read 77116 times)

Offline Trialz

• GTA V <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Beep beep beep!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, tricks, techniques...
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2013, 11:33:59 AM »
Thanks Simon

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2013, 02:01:40 PM »

Pretty much the same, easier to just stick to the Bati  :jajaja:

Wrong, the Bati has a slightly higher top speed than the Double T. Go to GTA Online, start a race, and while selecting your bike, compare their statistics with each other. You will see that the Bati is faster :P. The Double T isn't useless though, far from it. Although it may be slower than the Bati, the mass of the bike is lower (check the handling.dat). This makes the Double T a bit more interesting.

If you need to pull a wheelie on a straight road, then you have two options. Mainly, you should stick to the Bati, because it's faster, and it can pull the best wheelie out of every fast bike, shy of the Ruffian. The Double T's wheelie really sucks, so that counts it out of a lot of stunts. But if you're bumping from a really small object, you can use the Double T and get a massive bump, because the Bati's mass is significantly higher. However, the Bati is much faster, so it's not always best to bump with the Double T, even if you can.

The Double T also struggles with bumping different types of ledges. You will frequently bail low to medium sized bumps with the Double T, because the body of the bike is way lower down. On the contrary, the Bati handles them just fine, because the body of the bike is raised higher up. Another thing to take into consideration is that the Bati is much better at everything else, so it's a much better "all purpose" bike.

So you ask, what makes the Double T worth using? By using the environment, you can pull a high wheelie with the Double T. You could be driving up a hill, driving down a hill and leveling off into a straight road, driving into a tiny curb, or dropping down a hill and landing back on the road. All of these things allow you to pull a big wheelie with the Double T. By using this to your advantage, you can land stunts that are impossible with the Bati 801. Just remember that it's a slower bike than the Bati, so you wont always see gains worth taking.

I will put the BMX speed method in a new post, to avoid a wall of text :lol:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 02:06:27 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »
Now, I've discovered a new BMX Speed Method, but in order to use this method, you must first know how to do an infinite stoppie the BMX. If you don't have much control over the triggers on your controller, then you're going to struggle with this. It takes a lot of getting used to.

BMX Stoppie Method

If you've tried doing a stoppie with the BMX, you're probably thinking that you can only stoppie for a few second before losing speed. The truth is that you can stoppie for an infinite amount of time with the BMX and the Scorcher, and you can do it on any surface. In fact, you can do a stoppie uphill without losing any speed. Here's how.

Hold your controller in your hands. The first thing you want to do is find a straight road, and pedal up to max speed (tap A on the Xbox, X on the PS3). You don't need to start on a straight road, but it's best if you do. When you're up to the max speed, stop tapping the button and hold it instead. When you see the animation change to the normal resting position, that's when you begin the stoppie. It's essential that you don't tap the pedal button while doing the stoppie, or you will lose it pretty quickly. Also, you can do a BMX stoppie without getting up to max speed, but it's much easier if you do.

This is the hard part. Hold lean forwards, and slowly start pulling down on the left trigger (LT on Xbox, L2 on PS3). Ignore the right trigger, it will slow you down to a halt (you never need to use the right trigger brake while stunting with the BMX). You need to slowly pull down on the trigger until you're just on the verge of braking into a stoppie. This is key to keeping the stoppie going. Once you find the point on the trigger at which braking occurs, hold it.

You have to press down on the trigger as lightly as you possibly can without letting go of the brakes. This is the "sweet spot" on the trigger, and it must be held in that exact spot without letting go of the trigger, or pulling down further on the trigger. If you hold the trigger fully down, you will slow down to a halt. It will take a few minutes to get the hang of this, particularly on the Xbox 360, because the triggers have far less resistance.

Let's recap. You take a BMX (or the Scorcher), ideally start on a straight road, and pedal up to max speed by tapping the pedal button. Once you're up to max speed, hold the pedal button (do not tap it), wait for the resting animation, hold lean forwards, and slowly pull down on the trigger until you find the "sweet spot", just on the verge of registering the braking in game. At this point, you must hold the sweet spot without making any adjustments on the trigger, or you will fail. Hold the sweet spot, keep holding the pedal button without tapping it, and now you're in a stoppie. By using this method, you can stoppie for an infinite amount of time. You can turn while doing the stoppie, as long as you keep leaning forwards. You can do a stoppie on any surface, but it's easiest to do it on a straight road.

When you're really good at this method, you can even jump into the stoppie and it will still work. But without holding the left trigger at the sweet spot, this method will not work. You can also jump while you're in a stoppie without coming out of it, land back on your front wheel and keep doing a stoppie, but that's really difficult to accomplish.

GTA V Record! Longest BMX Stoppie!!

Honestly, I actually thought that that the infinite BMX stoppie was impossible until I seen this video from "ImShotInTheBack". It was hard to figure it out from his explanation, but he told me that you need to find the "sweet spot" on the trigger. Figured everything else out myself, so I hope my explanation was good enough for you guys. However, this is so much easier to do with the PS3 controller. So if you're on Xbox like me, it's going to be pretty difficult to do at first.

BMX Speed Method

Now that you know how to do the BMX Stoppie, I will teach you how to do the BMX Speed Method. Unlike the stoppie method, I fully discovered this by myself. First things first, start doing an infinite BMX stoppie. Once you're comfortably in the stoppie, start holding the jump button on your controller (RB on Xbox, R1 on PS3). You will start to gain massive levels of speed, so fast that you can actually go over the top speed of many four door vehicles. However, if you don't keep going straight forwards, you will start spinning left and right on the road, and it's hard to start going straight again once you're spinning off course (but it is possible).

What's the practical purpose of this? Well, you could use it to clear gaps, use it to gain higher levels of speed before a bump, use it as part of a combo, and much more. The key is to use your imagination. This method also works with the Scorcher, but with the Scorcher, it's barely faster than the top speed of the bike while pedaling, so it's only really of practical use on the BMX. This may have an even bigger effect on the "bugged" BMX from the Mary-Ann mission, but I haven't tried using that bike.

Conclusion

It took a lot of work to fully research the BMX Stoppie Method, so I really hope you found my knowledge useful. Found the BMX Speed Method by accident while researching the BMX Stoppie Method, so that was just lucky on my part. I know this tutorial was very detailed, but without this much detail, you wouldn't have come away with a good understanding of anything.

The BMX Stoppie Method is extremely useful, and it works much differently to GTA San Andreas. The BMX Speed Method is also very useful, and I'm hoping that you guys find creative ways to work with it. Have fun :mellow:.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:45:02 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
While I'm doing this, I'll post the final new method I discovered in the past month while playing the game. I just haven't had time to post it until now :D.

Grinding

I haven't researched this fully, so forgive my lack of detail. When using the Bati 801, you can grind any thin rail without leaning at all. Firstly, land on the rail, balance the bike into a netural position, and finally let go of the analogue stick/triggers. The bike will automatically balance itself on the rail, and you don't have to do anything. It will sail along the rail, keeping itself steady at a 45 degree angle.

This works 95% of the time, but a bump or heavy diversion in the rail can set you off course, so you should always be ready to adjust back into a neutral position on the rail. This only works while grinding thin rails - thick ledges require manual adjustment. This method should work with most bikes, but I haven't tested everything yet, so I can't say for sure. What I can tell you is that this method doesn't work very well with the Double T, so it might not work with every bike flawlessly. Regardless, the Bati 801 works just fine.

This method also works with the BMX and the Scorcher, to a lesser degree. Biycles require manual adjustment, but only every couple of seconds. Hope you found this useful, so many new methods in GTA V ;D.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 04:08:30 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2013, 04:36:21 PM »

Pretty much the same, easier to just stick to the Bati  :jajaja:
Wrong, *stuff*
I said "pretty much the same", not "exactly the same"   :rolleyes:

Good to see that a nice stoppie method is found though, have you tested at all on motorbikes and see if you can get a similar result? Even if it's just the bicycles though I'm looking forward to the combos people can come up with. I'd also like to see the bmx speed method in action, if you could upload a clip of you getting massive speed that would be cool.

and the grind thing, I thought that was known since the start. The first grinds I did with the bmx and the bati where just landing and sliding along with no adjusting whatsoever. But good to nice to see that it was as *easy* as that. I didn't really invest any time in grinding, as I think grinds in this engine look ugly anyway  :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2013, 04:51:27 PM »
I thought you were saying that they were the same, because that picture gives the same value for both bikes in the speed column. I've only tested the stoppie method with the BMX and Scorcher, but I don't think it works with motorbikes. I will test it, but the speed method certainly only works on the bicycles :P.

The grinding method was kind of known from the start for the BMX, not for motorbikes though. I found that it works for motorbikes some time in the beginning of October, figured I should post it just in case other people haven't worked out how to grind in this game :P. I'll test the stoppie method with motorbike's now, and upload an unlisted clip of the speed method later.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2013, 05:34:25 PM »
Okay I've tested it with the motorbikes, doesn't work. You can stoppie for a little bit longer by holding the trigger down less, but you can't do an infinite stoppie. However, I did find out a nice little trick.

Motorbike Spin Method

Ride at any speed with the motorbike, and try to do a "sweet spot" stoppie, as if you were doing a BMX infinite stoppie. Keep holding lean forwards, and just hold on the sweet spot. Slightly move the stick to the left or right, and you will spin about on your front wheel for about two seconds. After that, you will do a 180 and start riding backwards on the ground. Nice little trick to do some "backstoppies" in this game (you don't actually do a backstoppie, you just end up driving backwards like you would in GTA IV until you get slowed down). Looks pretty stylish, and it could be used to do some nice combos :P.

EDIT: Uploaded the BMX Speed Method clip, with the Motorbike Spin Method.

GTA V - VaNilla's BMX Stoppie Speed Method
GTA V - VaNilla's Motorbike Spin Method
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:41:47 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2013, 11:18:48 PM »
Ahaha, great idea. So great to finally have a real stoppie there. Thanks for that.

I already knew that motorbike spin thingy though :P

Thaaanks

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2013, 01:36:55 AM »
I thought you were saying that they were the same, because that picture gives the same value for both bikes in the speed column.
It was just a quick way of showing that one wasn't waay better than the other, but seeing as the Bati can wheelie better at high speeds it is still the preferred "stunting bike".

Hmm, still looks like the glitched Scorcher is faster tbh. At least you have more control, but I guess it's a nice method for online  :happy: The spin thing looks like a fun combo/line thing to do, would be fun to see some backbumps or, backramps  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:41:17 AM by Simon »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2014, 05:45:19 PM »
Hey guys, I've just been trying a vertical wallride spot for hours, and I finally landed it after discovering a little trick. Normally, to gain height from a wallride, you would just lean back at the top of the wall. However, if you do a little "flick" at the top of the wall by leaning back, quickly pushing forwards and pulling back again, you will gain significantly more height/distance from the wallride.

Additionally, you will get a big boost of forward momentum from the wall by using this method. So if you're trying to land an object in front of a wallride, this can help you gain advantageous distance towards it. Have fun :cheernutz:.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:48:50 PM by Shadowsniper »

Offline ShuffleCrown

• Stunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2014, 07:03:28 PM »
Mind showing an example of the method? I mean not asking you to show the spot you did but any wall for the sake of demonstrating? hahah :P

Offline Trialz

• GTA V <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Beep beep beep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2014, 07:42:05 PM »
That would be nice. Post it in the tutorial section too, that place needs a bit of love xD

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2014, 09:33:37 PM »
I'm not sure it's enough to demand its own video. Just slap the stick backwards, then forwards, and then hold lean back. That's all there is to it :jajaja:.

Offline SlayerUK

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2014, 08:04:38 AM »
Nice bmx method, should help me to find more spots with it.

Havn't visited this thread in a while, been too lazy to update it, so if someone else wants to please go ahead :P.

Edit: Oh and SS have you tried anything with the backwards wheely thing? Where if you land on yoru back wheel it can sometimes accelerate you backwards in that position, I can only seem to go about 10m before stopping or turning though, trying to figure out a way of doing it better and more reliably.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:08:16 AM by SlayerUK »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Tips & Tricks
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2014, 10:42:34 AM »
I've experienced it but I didn't think to use it for a stunt. Would be cool :P.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal