Author Topic: What was the last movie you've watched?  (Read 213351 times)

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
Re: What was the last movie you've watched?
« Reply #1395 on: January 06, 2012, 11:24:44 AM »

That was great!

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: January 07, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »

I've been forced to... Well it was dumb as possible but managed to make me laugh, so not that bad finally  :cc_detective:

Still a fun rewatch.

Comedies barely get old, even if some appear dumber when sharping your tastes, still makes you smile :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:13:28 PM by Darkyy »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: January 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: January 08, 2012, 03:22:27 AM »

Offline VTX

• INFERNUS STUNTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: January 08, 2012, 03:38:28 AM »

fuckin' awesome movie!!!!!!

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #1400 on: January 09, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Definitely on par with the first. Palpable tension, snappy dialogue, and thoroughly entertaining. Craven is a man who really knows how to poke fun at himself.

8/10

Just...awful. I have no idea where Romero's finesse for zombie films went so drastically wrong. I guess the attempted reinvention with Diary of the Dead didn't help. Back to basics, George! Please!

1/10

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: January 09, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
Disturbia

fuckin' awesome movie!!!!!!

Pretty cool movie , Sarah Roemer is really hot in this.  :euro:

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #1402 on: January 09, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »

I expected more, but it was okay though

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: January 09, 2012, 04:10:58 PM »
Pearls Before Swine

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: January 09, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
Just watched this one :D

at least Anna Faris was pretty.

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: January 09, 2012, 05:25:50 PM »

Might be overrated, all my friends told me to watch it but it was kinda a let down.

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: January 09, 2012, 05:43:07 PM »
Star Wars Episodes 4 - 5 - 6 in Blu Rays quality

I don't mean to be a smartass, but how can they be in blu ray when they were filmed several decades ago? I figure that for something to be in HD it has to be shot in HD, are you sure they exist in blu ray quality?

OT: I saw Melancholia. Cinematography was beautiful and the acting was great, but for some reason it just didn't do it for me as a whole. I don't know, maybe I just didn't understand it properly. I'm glad I watched it anyway, but I wouldn't watch it again. 7/10

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: January 09, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »

Might be overrated, all my friends told me to watch it but it was kinda a let down.

Now I just want you to go outside and get in a car. Use your phone or GPS (or whatever new-fangled doo-dad) to locate the highest bridge in your area - then go and drive off it. Either that or don't allow yourself to be dragged into the new internet phenomenon of the 'overrated' movie.

Maybe I need more elaboration as to why you were disappointed, because se7en is about as good as a thriller/detective yarn can possibly be. I know movies come down to a matter of personal taste, and I respect that. But, as far as I can remember, you're the only person I know of that's labeled se7en as 'disappointing'.

Now explain yourself!!

Offline NuclearDeath

• TMS Member
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: January 09, 2012, 06:11:12 PM »
I knew you would disagree   :P

Well, I guess it's a question of context. Many friends told me it was awesome and when people do that I tend to go the other way...

Spoiler alert :

But besides that, I figured out the end to early I guess. Totally expected the wife in the box and the murder of the mean guy while I expected to be wrong. And about the rest, I don't know, couldn't really get into the story, the way people were killed weren't were just crazy and hard to believe even if they're well thoughts and awful. I was watching the thing from the outside. The movie really interested me when Kevin Spacey comes in, that was seomthing... but right then I remembered one of my friend telling me "you'll see, he controls everything till the end" so I started thinking why and found out quite easily : /

So yeah, it's a good movie very well directed (some shots are awesome) but I guess I wasn't in the good "mood" to really appreciate it but I'm glad I did see it.

Should I still watch Fight Club ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:57:03 PM by NuclearDeath »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:58 PM »
Fight Club is not everyone's cup of tea - but it does have the same aesthetic that se7en does. The thing about it is that it's hard to pigeon hole into a specific genre. Much more stylised than se7en, but handled perfectly.

Your reasons for finding se7en disappointing are fair enough. Despite the fact that I L-O-V-E this movie, I was always bothered by the fact that John Doe incorporated Mills into his masterpiece of crime, considering it was years in the planning, and Mills only arrived in the city days before the crimes started. The script covers this when John Doe says he's had to alter his plans, but it still struck me as kind of...disappointing!  ;)

Not bad, but not great either. Definitely not Spielberg's greatest war movie (Schindler's List, hands down), but appealing enough to keep you watching, even to the predictable ending. The main problem is it wavers too much between being an adult movie and being a kid's one. The tone isn't consistent with either, really.

5/10
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:39:54 AM by kaneda »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal