Author Topic: Collision Fixing: Modded or Overdue?  (Read 4500 times)

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Re: Collision Fixing: Modded or Overdue?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 02:55:02 PM »
great points have been made here, what DeathCobra said seems the most logical thing to do, I support the fixes on LC and SAiVC, maybe fix the VC version for shits and giggles because why not, it's 2021 who really cares lol.
obviously broken collisions only, and all public releases for sure

edit/ I remember someone (luli comes to my mind idk) landing a long ass invisible grind on top of a mountain (i think?) on the LC beach near cortez mansion, am I tripping or does anyone else remember it too? lol
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:00:18 PM by Ltab- »

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 01:26:44 AM »
edit/ I remember someone (luli comes to my mind idk) landing a long ass invisible grind on top of a mountain (i think?) on the LC beach near cortez mansion, am I tripping or does anyone else remember it too? lol
Gavran and this thing right here?
https://youtu.be/_GQnniu2L_U?t=449

7:29

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 09:17:57 AM »
Gavran and this thing right here?
https://youtu.be/_GQnniu2L_U?t=449

7:29

It wasn't that one but thanks for reminding me about it haha.
I actually just realize I said "cortez mansion" instead of "salvatore mansion" lol. I'm sure the camera angle when it showed the stunt was pointing towards a sunset, i hope i'm not tripping

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 05:42:00 PM »
@ the expense of maybe saying something someone else said already and having made a few "reality mods" myself in the VC vanilla game, to me I think if you see something while in game and you for whatever reason are able to Patrick Swayze yourself through a wall then FFS that isn't very nice looking for editing and just makes the viewer of a stunt video be like "wtf". So all in all my main thought on the subject is this, if it LOOKS solid then it should BE solid no matter in what map it is.

my two cents...

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2021, 07:29:33 AM »
Very much the same as Nitzkit, if it's broke, fix it.

Not sure with Krypton was talking about how he could never be impressed by a stunt with col fixes, it still takes skill, looks good surely? That long mountain grind thing looked nasty though tbf.

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2021, 07:46:02 AM »
My only issue is when people land stunts with fixed collision but don't share the fix publicly, such a Gavran's lc fixes

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2021, 09:04:02 AM »
My only issue is when people land stunts with fixed collision but don't share the fix publicly, such a Gavran's lc fixes
Well he never finished his version, that's why.

Offline Caio

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »

Back in 2008 boxXx told me he would share the .col files he used to land his two stunts in Yeah Baby... :neen:

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2021, 04:00:01 PM »
I agree with Nitzkit. Vice City was in fact a somewhat rushed game so no wonder there are missing collisions. Rockstar didn't even bother to fix the LOD's before the release so you can see the beta map in-game, for example. The airport tower and the slum area at North Point Mall etc.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 04:06:37 PM by MaCi »

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 02:34:11 PM »
Everyone are on good point, but it's not fair to fix something, land a stunt and then release it.. imagine if someone had this idea in mind (just for example) but he had no clue how to make it solid. We had this debate on RU community long time ago, just as for a conclusion, it would be nice if we had a fully fixed version of  each map and we could use this version as default stunting version and never back to questions like: "how the fuck he landed this, if on my version of gta it has no collision?"

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2021, 05:49:53 PM »
Everyone are on good point, but it's not fair to fix something, land a stunt and then release it.. imagine if someone had this idea in mind (just for example) but he had no clue how to make it solid. We had this debate on RU community long time ago.

In my understanding, I think what you mean is that the thing that makes it unfair is not releasing the new col files after showing them in a video because if they were wondering how they get that fix, chances are they get scammed because there's never any link to the new fixes. For example, 1:38 of Impervious I see that the stunt is using the new cols, but never released them.

just as for a conclusion, it would be nice if we had a fully fixed version of  each map and we could use this version as default stunting version and never back to questions like: "how the fuck he landed this, if on my version of gta it has no collision?"

I feel there should be a guide on "before you land some new fresh stunts, you need to install something because this is the new normal of stunting" because of this topic.

I was watching Cooper and Hedgehog's video I think back in 2014 and that stunt near the carpark in the 2nd island in LC made me wonder about them fixes. Something I'd probably hate to share but whatever

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2021, 06:00:36 PM »
Everyone are on good point, but it's not fair to fix something, land a stunt and then release it.. imagine if someone had this idea in mind (just for example) but he had no clue how to make it solid. We had this debate on RU community long time ago, just as for a conclusion, it would be nice if we had a fully fixed version of  each map and we could use this version as default stunting version and never back to questions like: "how the fuck he landed this, if on my version of gta it has no collision?"

This answer is the greatest one here.

Just like all beast did on SaiVC version, one which grass is solid and other is grass is grass which makes stunt harder.

I agree with ARS having a collision fixed version of the game would be great.

But doing a collision mod would take time. Not a waste, but a moderately time consuming duty for the fixer.

If we could make a topic like

For SA/VC section

We have a topic called "SA collision request" same goes to VC.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2021, 05:35:48 AM »
We had this debate on RU community long time ago, just as for a conclusion, it would be nice if we had a fully fixed version of  each map and we could use this version as default stunting version and never back to questions like: "how the fuck he landed this, if on my version of gta it has no collision?"
I think Danger and Dev are from Russia and they both (or at least one of them) landed some taxi boosts in VC where you would normally fall through the roof, but they fixed the collision to stay on it. I moved it to modded section, because that what it was; modding. Only after they shared their col files I think Simon moved it back to un-modded.

https://youtu.be/otNjt1PcO_Q?t=240 4:00
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 05:43:03 AM by Sheep »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal