Author Topic: Round 1 - Match M - disciplo vs Nem [Nem wins 3-2]  (Read 4162 times)

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
Re: Round 1 - Match M - disciplo vs Nem
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »
nem vs disciplo very sasl many match M

my entry, thanks to BlackTear for the amazing edit :euro:

the replay:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/lyqes1
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 11:28:59 AM by Nem »

Offline toty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 11:29:12 AM »
dont forget the rep nem

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
Both stunts were smooth as hell; this is going to be a tough call. Disciplo decided to go with something slightly unexpected with this challenge (since it kind of suggested the stunters to use farming in its own statement), and it was a good idea all in all with solid covered distance. The only thing I'd say as a negative aspect is that it generally seems like a stunt where you just start accelerating down the Chilliad and hope for the best, and also this landing has been done way too many times. Had you gone for something more interesting, such as grinding the platform's ledge or precisioning, then you'd have won in my eyes instantly. Nem on the other hand decided to utilise the classic farming method, which contained a nice amount of spin, but to be honest I found the landing site itself to not be a very exciting location. As NumeRo mentioned, FTO's 1st part finisher of ESU SchnitzelTwo is a clear example that you can do amazing stuff with farming, you just need time, patience and a good idea. (that being said I appreciate how dumb it is to stunt with tractors and frankly I can't recall seeing any tractor stunt to have gotten even close to that level)

Anyways, I applaud both of you for providing good looking and entertaining stunts for such a challenge. I wasn't expecting that, and you've made my choice difficult. However, a decision has to be made, and I vote for disciplo for doing a good looking gap without utilising farming. Good match.

Offline disciplo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »
The only thing I'd say as a negative aspect is that it generally seems like a stunt where you just start accelerating down the Chilliad and hope for the best

I know the stunt might look random (that's actually why I recorded from 3 different angles), but trust me, it isn't. For instance, the tractor doesn't have much speed so I had to use the little mountain bump at 0:10 (you can't see it very well on the video) to reach the 'ramp' at 0:12, also at the beggining I had to go from left to right so that I could reach that part of the 'ramp' so that the tractor could go at the direction of the construction thing and not hit those rocks at 0:17. So ye, it took me more tries than you'd imagine  :P

Offline imbaA

• I love rhinos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 01:05:35 PM »
Great i lost a stunt in a Match.
PS: Actaully it is my first stunt lol.

Offline SaNaZ

• Wkurwiasz mnie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »
congratz disciplio on winning this  :ninja:

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2014, 09:13:24 AM »
Judges are fast  :ajaja:
Anyway I liked both stunts, considering this challenge they were decent and not boring.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2014, 09:15:40 AM »
Great match! :euro:
Disciplo's spot has been overwhored with all sort of different vehicles and stunts. Nem's stunt was almost definitely new though and the execution was nice with quite a few spins on it. Both stunts were good but on this ocassion I'm going with Nem here.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2014, 09:33:18 AM »
I'm going to go with Shifftee on this one. Voting for Nem

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2014, 02:01:20 PM »
when i first saw that challenge, i immendiately thought of one of those dumper-catapult-whatever (how are these stunts even called?) stunts. well, nem did one of these, but it was quite cool, because the spot wasn't very obvious and he had some nice spins. but the landing looks really random, since there are several houses nearby which are higher.
disciplo did a stunt that i didn't expect to be done with a tractor. natural and without any secondary vehicle. going for a stunt that requires speed is also pretty darn uncommon if you use a goddamn tractor. for me, disciplo's stunt was the more fresh and creative one, so he gets my vote.

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:08 PM »
It perhaps might look a bit random, but trust me it wasn't. And you can't really count the dumper as a second vehicle, since just the tractor does the actual stunt and the dumper just helps you to boost up, but that's just individual I guess.

Offline playboyz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »
Liked both stunts Nem's stunt was kinda oldschool but also fresh.

Disciplo had a really nice stunt but i thought he was going to gap the little cabin over there :p But still nice.

Offline bLADE

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2014, 04:04:03 PM »
Forgot if disciplo's stunt was done with a forklift but the tractor seems to be the most perfect vehicle for this spot so far, would've given you my vote

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2014, 05:38:57 PM »
when Disciplo' land inside that little bathroom after the gap, what the heck! did you land that awesome!

Offline Nikedj

• Board Mods
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2014, 09:35:26 AM »
Nem wins 3-2 and advances to the next round!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal