Author Topic: GTAStunting Needs You  (Read 19570 times)

Offline Cody

• Veteran Member
  • (stormlexer)
    • View Profile
Re: GTAStunting Needs You
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
Why not just make a premium membership? I havn't been here in forever so excuse me if there is one already. But just have the premium users pay something like 19.99 for a yearly membership or something where they get features normal members don't get. Such as moving their own posts/topics. viewing a special forum. Something like that. I've seen it work for some sites before.

Offline puzzLe

• Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2012, 05:35:31 AM »
I think our community shrunk down way too much already to have that implemented now Cody. Having a special VIP forum and stuff.. That just won't work around here, I can already tell you that.

Offline boxXx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »
Websites like these always go down because of money issues. It's hard to come-up with a decent solution but for now i suppose donating is the way to go. Is there any other way to donate other than PayPal ? I Suppose i could chip in.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2012, 03:51:34 PM »
If 50 people donated $6 a year, that would almost cover the costs of hosting. That's like 4-5 days worth of lunch money, and less than many games on Steam sales. The problem is that many people are still living off their parents money, and don't want to explain why they're donating money to a relatively small website. I don't think you'd find success in a premium model, I can't think of anything you can't do with the current setup that I wish we could. File hosting is one thing I guess, but that would escalate the costs of hosting, which automatically makes it redundant.

There's no easy solution, all we can do is donate and use advertisements. I'll donate £10 now :)

Offline XTO --

• HUEHUEHEU
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2012, 07:45:55 PM »
Why not just make a premium membership? I havn't been here in forever so excuse me if there is one already. But just have the premium users pay something like 19.99 for a yearly membership or something where they get features normal members don't get. Such as moving their own posts/topics. viewing a special forum. Something like that. I've seen it work for some sites before.

Stormlexer, around here? When did this happen.

Anyway, I do believe donation is the way to go; charging or making premium stuff would be a waste of time, IMO

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2012, 06:58:01 AM »
I didn't see the PCJ light signal in the sky till just now.

Will find something to throw towards gtas's way when i get home AJ.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2012, 07:03:45 AM »
I will also donate soon however:

So essentially I have to wait 21 days to receive money into paypal which sucks.

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
I just donated 10 dollars can i be in the pink VIP group now thats the only reason i donated really

most online today was like 62, even if 1/4th of that donates 10 dollars on their birthday or christmas then hostings sorted for another year
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:04:45 PM by Blaze »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2012, 04:56:19 AM »
I just donated 10 dollars can i be in the pink VIP group now thats the only reason i donated really

most online today was like 62, even if 1/4th of that donates 10 dollars on their birthday or christmas then hostings sorted for another year

Well, that group ain't there now more  :L

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2012, 05:01:30 AM »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
"Date Registered" of danielOATH :lol:

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2012, 10:30:07 AM »
being honest i dont even know who that is haha

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 02:14:40 PM »
It's funny how a website that is like 5, 6, 7, 8 years old whatever had a hard time joining Rockstar Nexus which is how old?

Thanks AJ

Offline AJ Collins

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • RockstarNexus
« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07:26 AM »
It's funny how a website that is like 5, 6, 7, 8 years old whatever had a hard time joining Rockstar Nexus which is how old?

Thanks AJ
Not sure what you mean by "hard time joining"?

Thanks to everyone who has donated! Sorry for not being as active these past few months. I've been trying to settle into college and at the same time manage work and getting RockstarNexus off the ground. As you've noticed, we now have a fancy bar!  :a-cheer: I've got some ideas for GTAStunting in my head that I want to implement over the next few months. Probably won't happen until December though as that's when I'm on break from college.

Anyway, some of you were wanting premium benefits for donating. I'm starting today a trial of a "premium membership" that is subscription based. $5.45 for a month and $20.90 for year. The prices will probably change. I've given membership to those who have donated in the past, the bigger your donation was the longer subscription you get (might change too :P). I'll be adding some things for you guys over the next few weeks along with an official announcement.

http://www.gtastunting.net/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions

Also, note that this is just a trial for now. I/We reserve the right to end and/or change the premium program and benefits at any time without compensation. While it's unlikely that you'll loose everything in the event of a program termination or change, it's something that has to be said for legal reasons.

And those who still wish to donate anonymously/without Premium, the donation link is still below.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal