Author Topic: Mean Machines [No-Bike Collab]  (Read 4339 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Re: Mean Machines [No-Bike Collab]
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 07:12:43 PM »
Okay, so I'm going to be a tad critical on this one, but I'll start by saying that I liked the vid overall. When I can picture the stunts outside of the video, there is some really innovative stuff here. I particularly liked the use of rarely seen vehicles (the RC Baron being a particular favourite - not enough people utilise that one), and there's also some clever use of old terrain for new results. In terms of stunts I was pretty happy.

Now onto the editing. It'll be a contentious issue that will follow this vid in the short-term, no doubt. I'm a huge proponent of editors doing what they want and editing to their own style, but my problem here is that numerous stunts were shot in a way that kind of robbed the stunt of any real impact. I understand that with car stunts that just kinda the way it is, car stunts never look as impressive as high speed bike ones, but it was more to do with clunky angles and edits more than anything. Having been spending a lot of time lately randomising vids on the database (which, by the way, where's that link?), I really got a nostalgia rush going back to that simplistic editing and rough around the edges vids, so I'm kinda torn on the editing.

Tied to the editing, of course, is the music choice - which I'll call bold. Music that's outside the norm is another thing I'm happy to see, but the choices here may be a little TOO outside the norm. Again, editor's choice is the way it should always be, but even though I hate to say it the music here hurts the vid to a certain extent.

Ultimately the vid is about the stunts - and that part was great. As mentioned, some great innovation and someone stunted in a Mule...a Mule! What more could you want?

Offline khaimyk

• alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Sport, Ezraph & ARS had some really stylish stuff, and khaimyk killing it with the Voodoo stuff as always. Great vid
khaimyk's Voodoo stuff, Sport's style and stuff WAS AWESOME - gj dude  :wub:
;D this my job dude  ;)

I hope he's gonna do more voodoo stunts in the future, because once I organize a collab again he's in if he has some for me HAHAHAHAHAHA
;D tks u everybody  ;D

Offline khaimyk

• alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 07:24:12 PM »
Must say, very impressed with khaimyk.

Enjoyable video, some great ideas in there.
Tks u very much  ; :P

Offline .Dakar

• gta vc creator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2021, 09:04:30 PM »
Damn I forgot to send more reps, kinda busy these months

Anyway i liked the video  damn khaimyk nice vodoo stunts 

i love it  :wub:

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
This turned out to be a pretty unique video. The first song I really dug along with the editing, groovy stuff. I'm not a fan of over edits so this was up my wheelhouse. Second song was enjoyable, just maybe a little too slow for me but it didn't take away anything for me.

Quite a range of stunts in the video! Max's hotring stunt at the docks and his tank stunt were killer. sports hotring skimmer bump was a cool idea but wish it was done naturally. And can we mention that Dannye put a fucking limo in a military truck? Insane, would never have thought of that lol. Everyone came through though, Khaimyk had good stuff, skullers boost was cool, Kans pool boost was neat and so many others.

Overall I enjoyed it, was a relaxing watch. If the cam angles were all the same it would just be boring, I like that you went for some different ideas with it. Good job Sorcery and everyone involved. ;D

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 12:09:59 AM »
Lovely to see such a long vid full of non-bike stuff!

I really enjoyed ZeRo's smooth taxi & bus grinds. Khaimyk's Voodoo work was also quite impressive - some great height and precisions - made me wanna get back doing some Voodoo stuff too. The caddie hole was super satisfying, as was Kan's backwards taxi landing (slotted nicely into the funky bit of the song). While not normally the case for me, I kinda liked the camera shake on Sport's tank stunt - something about it shaking before you can even see the tank coming, combined with the uneasy music, gave me a bit of a 'water ripples because a dinosaur is headed this way' vibe.

Good stuff all!
(Ooh and I also quite liked the approach chosen for my stunt, keeping the truck as a surprise reveal at the end was cool)

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 02:11:13 AM »
Damnn... I hate to be negative about a video, especially one I've been waiting for so long and spent many days trying stuff for, but this..  :cheersad:

You didn't even use my hotring skin which was purely made for this collab, nor did you use any of my other stunts, especially the other hotring double bump which took me like a week. And then you put my best stunt in the fucking outro and you don't even show the full runup which is so essential to the whole stunt, you just randomly cut it after the bump and rotation..

I love your editings Sorcery, rewatched many of your videos many many times, but this was a disappointment even editing wise, it seriously feels like you just put clips after one another without any vision or effort. This collab deserved way more and even the beta mordbidxxx showed me got me hyped right from the beginning.

It seems like it would've been a better idea to wait it out for morbidxxx to come back instead of just rushing the whole thing like that (especially because he had a whole concept for the intro going on and everything)
If I was given a hotring skin, I would've used it. Alas, there wasn't one in the folder I was given, so tough luck. Regarding the infy grind, there were a lot more stunts that were done on purpose that deserved to get shown in full in the main part. There's no shame with getting the credits finisher in my eyes. As far as the clips being thrown together without any vision or effort, idk what to say. It's as if you can't hear the sometimes subtle audio cues that stood out enough for me. Just because there weren't white flashes on every beat doesn't mean there wasn't any synchronization.   :lol: The only thing that I personally wish I did better with the editing is mostly related to the camera angles. In the end I figured I was doing everyone a solid by stepping in and making the video happen instead of letting it possibly fade into obscurity. Was I self indulgent with the soundtrack and some aesthetic choices? Damn straight, but that's the only way I know how to do things.

Sorry bro, maybe it came off a bit harsh.. If there was no hotring skin in the folder, then someone fucked it up I'm looking at you Smut, I was mainly concerned about the infernus being cut off after the bump and rotation, the rotation was random, but I was aiming for the grind as much as the top of the boat, I just kept going. As fot the editing, I know you can do better and I don't mean effects like flashes and explosions with flames all around, I know most of your videos don't have that, but other videos you've produced seem much more well put together.

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2021, 07:19:25 AM »
OooOoOOOoOo

this video had some amazing stuff in it along with some wtf moments lol. The main stunt that took the entire video for me was that golf cart to boat exhaust pipe hole in one thing lol just friggin hilarious.  There were many precision stuff that were very surprising. Did not thought car precision stuff would look cool, but it does. Popping out the front tires on the hotring to do double bumps (genius). Voodoo police bumps (genius), using a damn bus to grind lol (crazy). I thought the video looked good, editing was ok but thought maybe it could have used some extra "magic" but thats just personal preference. Congrats to everyone involved. Really enjoyed it!  ;D

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 12:37:36 PM »
Crazy stunts everyone, enjoyed a lot.

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2021, 08:54:07 PM »
This was really cool! Wasn't too fond about the first part and song choice but the second part made me feel like I was dreaming but in a good way
Overall nice and simple edit
About the stunts, some nice picks throughout the video, kinda bummed to see sport use a csm for the lc watergap (I did it naturally but might still use it since the nat version is worth a video appearance imo), khaymiks voodoo bumps were nice but not sure why he reused his hov7 stunt, fckrs hole in one was sick, rainbow's boost and the finisher
gj :happy:

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2021, 02:31:53 AM »
Finally it came out :a-cheer:! Firstly I want to thank Sorcery for the edit :euro:, I saw cool angles, references (for example, an exploding Ezraph's car at a Marco's bistro) and transitions, good work!. Some of the guys in the comments didn't really like the edit and the choice of music, but this is not Sorcery's fault, he did his job well as usual. It's just that everyone was expecting that Morbidxxx would do an edit, and that's why it got a misunderstanding. I would also be glad to see Morbidxxx version of this collab.

About stunts. Sorry for my LC rhino stunt :cheersad:, I assumed that it was old, even naturally, but the guys whom I asked said that they had not seen this spot before. And my hotring2plane VC stunt was simplified too, I'm just tired of this spot and decided to somehow land it :wacko:.
All the guys did a good job on stunts, but my favorites here is: Smut's LC infy bridge prec, Kaneda's taxi prec (awesome ;D), fckR's amazing caddy hole in one :blink:, Nem's VC hotring mansion landing, Fighter's squalo cool little grind, Max's VC hotring prec (is it new?), Khaimyk's police bumps (reincarnation of Terror from LLS :lol:), Zero's bus grind (tried to do this stunt, but didn't grind it all the way, gj :)), Max's LC two wheels2grind stunt, Kaneda's two wheels ambulance stunt, Max's LC rhino p2b :blink: amazing, I thought it was a finisher.

P.s. I know it's called "no-bike collab", but I didn't really like to see usual taxi boost stunts there :L.

Nice collab guys, I repeat, I would like to see Morbidxxx version of this collab :ajaja:

Also the first music reminded me of this lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HKaw6b7iLs

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 05:19:07 AM by Sport »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal