Author Topic: 10+ years of GTAS!  (Read 11648 times)

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
Re: 10+ years of GTAS!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 07:07:04 AM »
My brother gave me San Andreas on PS2 for my birthday in 2008 and I recalled seeing some SAMP stuff from YouTube before so I looked up for them again and relanded some of the easiest stunts in skatepark area on SA.

I joined on temp forums somewhere in 2009 after seeing Recollection VC/LC duo between Kaneda and Darkness. I looked up GTAStunting but it was down that time, so I searched some more videos saw Fugitive's shit. He was somewhat active that time so I pm'd him on YouTube asking where should I sign up to talk about collabs and stuff like that and he gave me temp forum link.

I was so fucking stupid back then. I modded shit loads and I was an asshole teenager of 14-15 year old. So that was the "good time" for me.

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »
It might be a little over the top but why don't we make some special edition GTAS awards? Stunter of the decade? C'mon that sounds epic. :euro:

Offline Trialz

• GTA V <3
  • Veteran Member
  • Beep beep beep!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
Lagoon Part II pl0x

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 08:10:23 AM »
awesome screens caps Neo.

@ Trialz - we were gonna try once a long time ago but it is now at the bottom of the ocean...BUT you could help start a new non bike collab :) Seaways was a dope example of that.

;D

Congrats!

Too many great videos to name them all but each of them are awesome just in the sense that people had enough enthusiasm to stunt and make videos time after time. From dedicated solos, to just plain fun 24 time videos, to epic community videos that represent stunters from all over the world.

That was the first thing i wanted to do for the intro in connected, like have all the ships and boats coming in from all sides in VC/LC and then just a fuck ton of pcjs and cars that ppl got on waiting. The idea of connected for me was that, there were so many different ppl in age, country, etc but we all were stunters. I dialed it back down a bit and tried to capture that in a more succinct way, and Kaneda made that kickass intro happen. I just wanted to hear as many pcj's roar that could be scripted.

Some of my best friends i met and still see from time to time were from university, and we just ended up being in the same hall in our dorm. We were all different types of gamers, but we loved gaming so i met Bloodymess and he was an IT guy and liked to fuck with games. I saw him modding the handling files in GTA LC so his pcj would have 1000000 mass and other cars would just fly off him into the air. I thought that was best fucking thing in the world. I liked games, but than seeing how you could modify settings and play it right then and there.

long story short, Bloody had a dream, we started TGA, and then he was a coder for MTA. Got into stunting from playing in the servers and seeing the SM clan do some vids. Than came across andypoo's site. and it just kept going........things that pop in my head....i remember GVT uploading a video to TGA, and Bloody and I were like, hmm some russians uploaded a video....then we watched were like FUCK YEA lol. .....So many videos. alot of good memories. alot of great ppl i've come to know................

but yea, still awesome to see it going. I remember hearing how VC/LC was all dry, yet ppl keep fishing new spots.

Thanks GTAS  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:15:52 AM by Samurai »

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 02:14:13 PM »
Good and never seen before pictures Neo, thanks for sharing it, it was great to see how this place evolved in the beginning  :happy:
Anyway, as many of the stunters, I got to know about stunting when I first saw Smackdown. I remember I and my friend wanted to make something similar (well, basically remake those stunts) and we didn't know how to, we thought of recording ourselves with camera while stunting  :lol:
Then I started to play SAMP around end of 2007, was in some noob clans too where I had really serious stunt wars! In 2008 I found the server Hydra Madness (this name may tell something to a lot of veterans), later Sampage. I got to know there some hungarian stunters like Pmarci and Jackob but sadly I could not keep in touch with them. I spent 2009 with playing SAMP and with silly sawn off fights, but I enjoyed them so no worries.  In the second half of this year I had already started to stick around stunting again, I remember asking Sajtos everytime about little stuff and of course the WH video, after Onslaught as everyone I myself was so excited about the upcoming video, Megaton. Well, it didn't disappoint. In early 2010 I went back to stunting for real, this time in single player and I released a solo with old stunts only, I didn' t think of landing new ones back then. After that I accidentally but so fortunately met Jackob on a random server and added him on MSN. After then it went well and I was getting to know more and more stunters, especially hungarian ones. Then it took me long months to land some acceptable and finally NEW stunts. Probably my first serious appearance was in The Emergency II when Petar invited me, no matter if it was a public collab. Since then I've become friend with a lot of guys here.
I just really regret not sticking to stunting back in 2008, I would have arrived here like 2 years earlier and wouldn't have missed the very best time of stunting. Most admired videos of mine would be Onslaught and Megaton for sure, Chapter XXIII and some more TMS/XSA videos as I didn't really check VC ones. Most important guys of my career would definitely be Jackob and Pmarci, but basically all hungarian stunters, other than that Petar for sure, and Daffy, too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:18:55 PM by Diaz »

Offline JaiK

• Veteran Member
  • god himself
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 12:25:51 PM »
RoachPeach saw my video on youtube back when you could write PM fairly simply (like we do over here) and he told me about this place. As some of you know I didnt fit in too well ^^ like some might not do in the start but I have learned a lot from staying around here.

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2014, 02:05:03 AM »
RoachPeach saw my video on youtube back when you could write PM fairly simply (like we do over here) and he told me about this place. As some of you know I didnt fit in too well ^^ like some might not do in the start but I have learned a lot from staying around here.

Indeed you have  :ajaja:

I remember when you first came on here, Illex kind of reminds me of a young JaiK  :lol:

Offline Dione

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihaomen.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/medium/Manutd_301002_1024x768.jpg
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 03:53:47 AM »
I like gtastunting.  but my english is not very well :lol:

Offline Dione

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihaomen.com/wp-content/uploads/wallpaper/medium/Manutd_301002_1024x768.jpg
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2014, 03:54:47 AM »
对不起。我的英语很不好。 但是 我真的很爱特技。 它是我的童年

Offline AlexisMaun

• Stunter since 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 06:43:46 PM »
feron?

Offline Glen1992

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2014, 02:12:30 AM »
Ive been here since "Date Registered: June 23, 2005, 11:30:11 pm" first video i saw that got me into stunting was ATS - Velocity which can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV-QQTdDnaI unfortunately the soundtrack has had a copyright claim but the song was Rammstein - Sonne ive never really put out anything decent just lurked about checking out everyone elses stuff lol hope to get back into some stunting if i get GTA 5 on PS4

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal