Author Topic: BlackTear - Teenage Wasteland  (Read 14172 times)

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
Re: BlackTear - Teenage Wasteland
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »
Clean or not, I watched with a bit of envy and a lot of praise of some of the ideas. Very artistic stunting mindset. (bow)

3:44, 4:29 were just so damn fucking sexy!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:23:45 PM by MeetMyMeat »

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2016, 04:26:18 AM »
Videos like this makes me wish VC modders used mods to land grinds :(

Offline Amaluna

• Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2016, 06:55:37 PM »
I have to say this, BlackTear has one of the best stunting styles of any stunter out there.

I personally also think some of these stunts are modded, but the ones that aren't modded look damn amazing.
My favorites are: 0:28, 2:26, 3:15, 4:12 and 6:21. Such a creative and lovely style.

I can't believe I didn't see this video before. Thank you guys for bumping it.

Offline Airbrush

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2016, 03:34:03 AM »
I don't understand the stunting community these days. I feel like most of you have lost your motivation/drive and you simply just don't care any more. I get it this game is old as fuck and there is a lot of shit going on in all of your lives but I feel the justification of this modding is piss poor at best.

Before I go on, I do believe Blacktear has some incredible ideas. For example his wheelie to handbrake to wallride is an amazing method that I hope one day I can master. I do agree with some of you in saying that he does have nice "ideas" but that's it.

When he was added in to WH it was the start of their decline. I know WH has had modders in the past but those stunters made it look possible (besides a few exceptions). Blacktear simply does not.

Agreed with Jason, however he did it, he put some effort into it, creativity, passion, whatever you wanna call it. Perhaps art is the right word, and it deserves to be appreciated in any sort of way you consider acceptable.

Even if this video is modded, part of me sees that you put a ton of effort into this, and that makes me feel like you should be commended, but I have a feeling you're trying to mislead people with this video. You clearly think of way better stunts than almost any SA stunter, modded or not :D.

you put a ton of effort into this
Which is fucking bizzare. I mean the stunts pretty clearly are modded but also clearly took a lot of time to land. So at the end you spent a fuckton to get shit on. Gotta say though, it was pleasure to watch these crazy ideas come to life even with mods.

The sad part about all this above is they are all highly respected stunters in the community.

I know what I'm saying has all been said before in this thread and I understand I'm probably a nobody to 99% of you. But I just don't see why people even try anymore. Some guys in the stunting community have attempted spots for years and the dedication they hold is above anything that these modder guys put out yet they just get thrown under the rug while people like blacktear get praised like he's a fucking saint because "ohh he really tried hard to make the modding look believeable he is sooooo clever ohhhh".

The community is dying I get that. I get that there are spots that have been overused to the shit and it's as if we've almost finished milking the cow but I know a lot of you guys out there have the creativity to land some awesome stuff. 

Justifying modding purely because you've ran out of ideas yourself is not good enough. Find new ways to land old stunts. The game is literally limitless. 

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2016, 11:25:06 AM »
no modding programs used, i dont even know what the fuck "Z speed" is supposed to be

the cheats i used: slowitdown, sticklikeglue, jcnruad, ghosttown, ninjatown. on 90 % of my stunts. no control center. no modified handling on infernus stunts ever.

did it mainly to satisfy my own ideas though.

if INGAME cheats are called modding nowadays, i am guilty.

others also got a second chance on this forum, if you dont give me another one, okay.

future stuff will be released with the replays to check, if there is even anything more to come from me

Offline JustAdam

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2016, 01:53:01 PM »
Ayy! but yeah... Who cares today? clean stunts = satisfaction & more effort, modded = zero satisfaction and some effort to mod i guess. Liked the editing. Modded or not thumb up from me.

Offline Erney

• Veteran Member
  • Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
For some guys adding NOS to sandking is cheting/laming stunts by this vehicle.. always lol at that.

Offline JustAdam

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2016, 02:11:18 PM »
OMG wrong video topic xD Sorry.  :lol: But this is correct actually:

Who cares today? clean stunts = satisfaction & more effort, modded = zero satisfaction and some effort to mod i guess.

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2016, 04:27:22 PM »
It seems like you just fail to understand it. The Sandking spawns at the big satellite dish in LV only, sometimes with hydraulics and sometimes without. It has no NOS and it can't be tuned in any car customization shop. Therefore hydraulics is valid and NOS is invalid for the Sandking in particular.
NOS doesn't effect the Sandking's top speed, but it increases it's acceleration a lot. That's a crucial difference at spots with short runups.

Just don't use NOS/hydraulics in vehicles that can't be customized in the shops. The Sandking is a special case with the hydraulics being allowed only.
The cheatcode that allows NOS for all vehicles is cheating obviously.

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 03:41:05 AM »
Sorry, Airbrush, but I'd personally rather see another video like this from Blacktear rather than a video from most active SA stunters in this day and age. Sad truth is what it is.

Offline Afterlife

• Afterlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »
Sorry, MeetMyMeat, but I'd personally rather see another shitty leftover solo than a modded/cheated one. This is basically laming possible spots. Sad truth is what it is.

Offline burn

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2016, 05:31:12 PM »
Sorry, Airbrush, but I'd personally rather see another video like this from Blacktear rather than a video from most active SA stunters in this day and age. Sad truth is what it is.

That's because you didn't see my stuff yet dude  :D

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »

I rarely watch SA videos but when I do its WH stuff, and I love your ideas. When is release date?  :cc_detective:

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 04:08:49 PM »
Didn't see the latest comments until now. I'm not justifying him modding at all, it ruins most of his stunts for me. But judged on the creativity displayed in this video, it is worthy of commendation. The value in stating that is the opposite of justifying modded stunts, it is to say "imagine what you could do without cheating"! The goal is to deter BlackTear from modding future videos. It would be disingenuous to dance around that, simply to send a stronger message about modding. Shitting on people is not the answer.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:11:45 PM by VaNilla »

Offline waNEr

• ok
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2016, 08:42:46 AM »

If you mean that project you've been working on for almost 3 years... please be quick, i'm anxious

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal