Author Topic: MO - Magnum OPUS  (Read 12096 times)

Offline heat'o'stunter

• View Profile
Re: MO - Magnum OPUS
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2023, 02:02:22 PM »
Great work by everyone involved!

Offline MtS

• Board Mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2023, 04:05:03 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words so far!

Max put subtitles on youtube and made a srt file (link on the first post).

I also would like to thank Lior for the hotring spot, I knew you were close so many times so it was pretty cool of you to share it (it was a team effort, really). <3

If anyone wants to do a full review template, please do!  :euro:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 07:25:16 PM by MtS »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2023, 02:33:46 AM »
Outstanding! The scripting and the entire edit was so impressively detailed, its impossible to even imagine how much work was involved to pull it all off. The constant fantastic, creative camerawork was an absolute joy to watch. And on top of all that it was funny too: that truck-taxi swap got me good, and after seeing the standard game opening way too many times it was a pleasure to revisit twisted versions of it instead. The video 'calibration' sequences were really impressive too, almost unsettling (in a good way, if that makes any sense, hah!) - on encountering the first one it made me think of the game Immortality. At the risk of going on forever I'll settle for highlighting just one more specific aspect for now: the power lines passing by to the music at 4:45-4:50, it was so extremely satisfying to me that I'd have loved the video even if it ended right there... But then there was half an hour(!) of beautiful and clever stunts afterwards, and it made me love it even more - you guys rock, I could watch them all over and over (and have done so a few times already), really amazing stuff. Thank you all so much for inviting me to be a part of it, it could not have turned out better, y'all put on one hell of a show!

Cheers!

Offline metalsoad2

• stunter :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2023, 07:30:49 AM »
https://youtu.be/8rWQSlFx9l4

my first video reaction on the forum  :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2023, 10:29:53 AM »
I was so hyped for this guys, I've waited years for my favourite VC crew to come back, and here you are with your final video, it feels like a big moment in VC's history. I was maybe too hyped, because my hopes and dreams were for something to match Cenotaph or come close to it, so I was both filled with immense satisfaction but also ridiculously high expectations, which led to slight disappointment my first time watching through. Then I watched it again, and again, and yeah, you know where this is going. Modus Operandi delivers a classic, I just love this video, it's the best VC crew video ever made, and easily in the top 5 best VC videos of all time.

Magnum Opus consists of top class stunts, and one of the best edits we've seen in the stunting community. Difficulty, check. Skill, check. Creativity, check. Variety, check. Consistency, check. I don't want to spotlight too many stunts so I don't disappoint anyone, therefore I'll just mention my five absolute favourite stunts; ZeRo's legit landing of Boo's spot (BIG); Fighter's wallride to precision (SMOOTH); Knapman's ramp combo to bridge grind (SICK); Max's Rhino SAiVC SSM to bigass building (TIGHT); and Krypton's curvy CSM prefinisher (WOW).

Kingjad finally nailed the Rhino ring too, respect man! Rainbow showed me his spinny bump 5-6 years ago as well, I'm glad he listened to my advice and went with the spinny variant (if he remembers our conversation :ninja:).

Max's edit was full of dedication and mastery, just wonderful, and I loved what he did with TurBo's Borgnine grind boost to tracks boost to BB landing, that truck fake out was genius. Little details like the dreamlike distortions, the slow motion highlights, the time of day modulations during Gryzlek's fire station grind, the power lines syncing with the music in the intro (missed that, shoutout Dannye), the basketball's cadence building up to the hip hop section, the sneaky UFO interlude, the ATS Absurd influence with the graffiti textures, everything demonstrates fastidious passion for the final product. The music was dope too, and it was great to see some tracks from GTAS members in the mix.

I don't want to be a downer, but I wasn't a fan of the story sections. I have respect for the time it takes to code the SCM files and everything, and I loved how you paid tribute to ATS and commented on the struggles of stunting as we get older, but I just felt like these sections didn't serve the stunts at all, because the narrative wasn't compelling. It was also difficult to understand the dialogue at times, the subtitles shouldn't be a necessity. I know it's fun to work on this stuff, but I just felt like you were mixing something that's amazing (the stunts) with something that's lethargic (the story), and it made the video feel bloated, so I've been skipping through these sections on subsequent viewings. I didn't want to say anything, but I figured I should be honest since that makes for better feedback. I don't think telling a story in a stunt video is a bad idea, I actually think if done right, it would be brilliant, but I'm not sure I've ever seen it done well by this community :P.

Moving swiftly on to the conclusion... sorry for my comments on the story stuff :ninja:. This video is brilliant, I think you all should be incredibly proud of what you have achieved. Who would have imagined something so fantastic like this would be made when Vice City was released 20+ years ago? Thanks for the memories, see you down the line :euro:. Spelllllllllbound!

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2023, 01:15:44 AM »
Beautiful video, you've managed to unify all the aspects of stunting (creativity, technique, variety, difficulty...) that are required for perfection. My favorite thing about this video is that all the executions were flawless. Editing was great also although intro was a bit too long for my taste. I'm not 100% sure if all the stunts are new, it seems like I've seen a few of them before, but it doesn't matter, I may be wrong. Great job guys!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 01:21:52 AM by Arnax »

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2023, 01:39:14 PM »
https://youtu.be/GtYAx0h7IvA

just speechless right now, it should finish uploading in a bit :)

Offline JustCaus3

• aka tuutti
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2023, 05:32:35 AM »
In all aspects just monster of a video by a legendary bunch of people! Felt like watching something from hollywood and the level of- everything just puts a smile on your face. Superb stuff MO :D

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2023, 08:33:09 AM »
I was ready to give it a watch, had like 30 minutes spare time but now I feel bad for postponing this, I will be back soon and watch it. Until then, seeing the length of the video and some of the comments, I expect one of the best stunt video experiences of my career  :a-cheer:

Edit: just watched now and I feel completely blown away by this video. It's very rare that I don't feel like watching a stunting video rather a movie, kind of. This is a great example of that, furthermore it might just be the most 'complete' stunting video ever. So usually I start with rating the stunts but this time I have to say big props for creating this masterpiece Max and everyone else involved (scripting, voice acting, etc.). The parts had so different soundtracks but you Max mastered all of them editingwise, it's also something I really admire.

About stunting, it was also top notch. As many mentioned before, it's the great mixture of stunting styles, ideas and the overall variety of stuff that makes this video (and the crew) unique. MO really gathered some of the best minds of the VC scene together into one team. I loved the huge stunts and the smaller, creative stuff as well. To mention a few, the stunts that totally stood out for me are Zero's huge natural doublebump, Max's insane rhino landings (especially the SAIVC one with the skimmer stuck), Knapman's neverending grind combo, Krypton's huge and unexpected PSM at the bank and Dannye toying with caddys and the ice cream van. Oh, and Mts's hotring doublebump2prec, that's gotta be one of the tightest VC car stunt ever.

All in all it was one of the most well-crafted stunting videos ever, surely a different kind of experience. It is a proper way to go out, but I hope to see you guys again in action in the future. Until then, take care!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 04:43:46 AM by Diaz »

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 04:45:06 PM »
I was there to help kill off TMS.

I was there to help kill off ATS.

I was here to help kill off MO.

No idea how I keep appearing in these 'final' videos haha, this has been a LONG time in the making. But just like an ice cold pint of Guiness, good things come to those who wait.

Superbly crafted, brilliant variety of stunts, a very enjoyable video. I finally got to land the rhino on the ring, too.

What could the common denominator be? :P ;)

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2023, 01:32:18 PM »
Well, its finally out!

First off, I have to thank Lior and Mateus for inviting me in. I'm honoured to be a part of the MO line of videos in without a doubt the best one of the bunch. Really appreciate it guys, it was a blast.

Also have to thank Maci for the spot of my first stunt (LC ledge grind) and Faiz for the setup to the VC bank PSM.

Alright about this monster of a video. Max, I know how long you spent on this and did it ever pay off. Sure I have a bit of bias because im in the video, but this has to be one of the most polished, quality and quantity, best produced videos I have ever seen. The cam angles are orgasmic. Each part has its own vibe, and you mastered it. Thank you Max for dedicating all the time you did to this, Its one for the books.

Stuntwise I almost feel bad singling out any stunts because everybody killed it. Everybody was right in their wheelhouse doing what they do best. Though here are some of my favourites; Gryz's Fire house grind was the perfect execution, Max's natural gap2grind was a great find, Zeros triple curb bonk2grind was a great find as well, Mateus had a couple... your ramp 2 pool bump 2 grind was such a nice find and great execution and then your car stunt prec has to be in the conversation for one of the best car stunts ever landed, Vice Ninjas car gap 2 prec was such a killer, Rainbows double grind was a banger... I know you landed it before barneys in the same area which makes it even better in my books, Knapmans ramp combo 2 bridge grind was one of my favs... glad I pushed to have the in the video, Jasons bsm 2 tree bonk 2 prec was insane accident or not, Dannyes taxi grind 2 boost 2 grind is so underrated, FIGHTERs massive LC side p2b to one up Macis was nuts, Turbos Faggio prec combo is such a nice find and perfect execution, every single one of Wvimis's stunt were killer cant even pick one and Joes SAiVC back bump MAG 2 grind is one of your best MAGs thats saying a lot. I could go on and on and on... there are so many amazing stunts in here.

This video has so much re-watchability, you can watch it 5 times and keep finding new things. Cant give enough props to Max and MtS for throwing so many easter eggs in here. Was great seeing Bark, Cooper,  Kaneda, Kingjad, Sabotage and VenomX make an appearance.

Little side note about my double drop bump 2 prec in VC... as much as i would love to say that was on purpose, it was a total fluke. I was going for the bigger drop bump missing the second one but that happened and thought it was too cool to keep going for the original. Here is a clip of what I was going for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjmGRHObM4

Cant give this video enough praise. So proud to be a part of it and share the screen with all of you. Max, you are a wizard and an artist. I know many of you are hanging your hat after this one, but hope to share the screen with all of you once more, and if not... thanks for the good times fellas.

Also, keep the reaction vids coming they are so cool to watch!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 01:36:30 PM by Krypton »

Offline jakuba

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2023, 03:59:50 PM »
I'll start with the negative. Spellbound. How dare you?!  :lol: I wanted to use it since forever. I do think you could have used more transitions and more dynamic cam works (on that track) But whatever. Fantastic edit overall. I wouldnt mind a 101 on how to do shit like wvmis + zero shot. Or all the slowdowns. Im so out of touch with the methods. Like is it all pre- written and then double shot and overlayed? And how anyways.

Fantastic vibes yall. Loves the soundtrack. Loved the colors. Amazing cam work. Lovely shit.

Offline Joshua

• Veteran Member
  • METHOD, Milbridge, JDizzle, blablabla
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2023, 06:15:52 PM »
i would have never called 2023 being the year that some of the greatest stunting vids ever would be posted. thanks for this masterpiece

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2023, 06:14:40 PM »
Wow. This was incredible, great job guys you all killed it!

Offline Hoff

• Breeder for life
  • Veteran Member
  • xouzb qhm jxuco
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/aante
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2023, 12:54:27 PM »
Cool video guys! :euro:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal