Author Topic: Ask WH  (Read 1329655 times)

Offline Unborn

• oHHeil
    • View Profile
Re: Ask WH
« Reply #8010 on: May 09, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
PS3 or xbox360.?

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #8011 on: May 09, 2011, 08:11:40 PM »
PC

Offline godson

• Veteran Member
  • zodiac shit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8012 on: May 09, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »
why talk about me here.. why not just go to the "Ask USS" thread.. sorry for going off topic here.

Offline Darkyy

• Veteran Member
  • Unionized since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8013 on: May 10, 2011, 02:55:12 AM »
Thanks a lot Daffy for Music Map, always wanted something better than the "further viewing" on youtube which was kinda uninteresting but this one, really features quality content since it's all up to music listeners. Just tried a few unknown artist and it gave me good results (I'd have added the "bow down" smiley but it has been removed ? Due to allah ?)  :euro:

To Ask WH, well, how have your musical tastes evolved through your life ? If you know why, feel free to explain. I'm amazed to see how much musical preferences have grown in me.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8014 on: May 10, 2011, 03:20:12 AM »
All my music is on my iPod, which I use in my car. My friends are always commenting on how everytime I skip tracks, the song is always completely different to the one before. What I prefer to listen to more is different every week.

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8015 on: May 10, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
As far as I can recall, the very first bands I fell in love with was AC/DC and Hanson. My father had some of their first albums (High Voltage, Dirty Deeds.., Powerage, Back in Black and a few maxis) and my favorite song was T.N.T but the version from the live album from -92. My mother bought me Hanson's "Middle of Nowhere" when it was released I think and I remember putting up shows for my family when I used to mimic their songs. It's actually still one of my favorite albums of all time.

AC/DC lead me into Judas Priest when I got full access to my father's disc collection up to when I was 13-14, when my uncle asked me if he could burn me some CD's of bands he enjoyed and that's where I dicovered Metallica, Nirvana and System of a Down. Metallica became quickly the new favorite when hearing songs from Kill'em All, Master of Puppets and the Black Album/Metallica.
I borrowed an electric guitar from my mother's cousin for a few months and just played, played, played all riffs I liked which was pretty much only AC/DC and Metallica. AC/DC's riffs was just perfect to start up with because I learned to switch quickly between basic chords and I begun with Metallica riffs a bit later. The thrash was something totally new, and the more I learned on guitar the more songs I discovered. Battery, Master of Puppets, Fade to Black, Orion, Seek and Destroy hell, I couldn't believe how I could not have heard that band before. Thanks to the guitar playing, I found a passion for the almighty riff and I appreciated more and more songs far away from AC/DC's style but I still find their songs as the most fun to play.

It was all die hard Metallica until 9th grade when I found a band called Pantera. They had pretty much everything I liked with Metallica and Dimebags riffs was so fucking catchy that I just had to learn my favorite ones. Metallica and Pantera are the only bands that have songs I've cried to. Nothing else matters when I saw them live in -09 and Hollow in front of the lyrics the first time. I cried like a little girl.

Until this day, I concider AC/DC, Metallica and Pantera as the three bands that are closest to my heart even though I love other bands I've came across earlier and later such as Priest, Machine fucking Head and a few others.
I've got Ralleee to thank for listening through FFDP's War is the Answer several times a week nowadays, that's one hell of a band and just the kind of music I enjoy.

Of course, the classical music has always been there beside the Metal since I've been playing piano sice the age of 7. But there's never been any evolving processes when it comes to classical music, I love everything no matter if it's opera or piano compositions.

I could tell my whole music life story but that'd be hella boring to read.

Offline MeetMyMeat

• Veteran Member
  • Enough video games guys
    • View Profile
« Reply #8016 on: May 10, 2011, 05:11:40 AM »
Longest time you've slept? (without the use of alchohol beforehand)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:37:43 AM by MeetMyMeat »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8017 on: May 10, 2011, 05:49:10 AM »
When you organize a collab, for what purpose/reason is it?
If you have never organized one, would you ever like to do it?

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8018 on: May 10, 2011, 07:58:00 AM »
When you organize a collab, for what purpose/reason is it?
Collaborations gives me a chance to work with people who inspire me who I usually wouldn't have a chance to work with because we're not in the same crew.

To Ask WH, well, how have your musical tastes evolved through your life ? If you know why, feel free to explain. I'm amazed to see how much musical preferences have grown in me.
I was kinda mainstream up until the age of 13, I found a song by a band called Donots in a GTA3 radio pack that was really catchy which got me into punk, after finding that I followed the GTA community which got me into stunting around easter times 2004 and I liked a lot of the music used in videos so the kinda music I like owes a huge tanks to the GTA community though I've found a lot of music on my own since then.

Longest time you've slept? (without the use of alchohol beforehand)
16 hours after the first time I got drunk.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #8019 on: May 10, 2011, 08:02:46 AM »
guys, how would you recommend someone combat being chickenshit about everything  :cc_detective:

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8020 on: May 10, 2011, 08:53:38 AM »
Thanks a lot Daffy for Music Map, always wanted something better than the "further viewing" on youtube which was kinda uninteresting but this one, really features quality content since it's all up to music listeners.
For you and anyone else who owns an iPod/iPhone, try out the app called Discovr. It's the same principle just worked out a bit better.

Offline bluedagger

• View Profile
« Reply #8021 on: May 10, 2011, 09:11:32 AM »
Now that BoxXx is out can we still expect some epic bigair in the upcoming VC crew video? Will Daffy take back the role as THE FINISHER? (referring to old crewvid p2bs and ofcourse the terminator)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8022 on: May 10, 2011, 09:28:54 AM »
Now that BoxXx is out can we still expect some epic bigair in the upcoming VC crew video? Will Daffy take back the role as THE FINISHER? (referring to old crewvid p2bs and ofcourse the terminator)
Oh man I was just reminiscing those times :lol:
Really hope they come back.

Offline Stevex

• Veteran Member
  • Emilie Autumn > Lorde
    • View Profile
« Reply #8023 on: May 10, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
yes, you can expect epic bigair :happy:

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8024 on: May 10, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
Would you find stunting enjoyable if USCM would never have been invented?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal