Author Topic: You have to know your roots  (Read 846 times)

Offline Jubito

• I got CDs in my crate like crack in my pocket...yeah right, neither of the above
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
You have to know your roots
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:15:50 AM »
It is nowadays difficult to find a person who does not know of drum'n'bass or hip-hop, but how many of you actually know its roots?
Video explains the world's most important 6-sec drum loop

This video explains it all in a simple manner and gives you a vivid vision of the particular break which might be known to some as the 'Amen Break'. It is so commonly used that you probably wouldn't tell it is a sampled and eventually sliced piece of drum break! Rather, it grew into our subconsciousness as nothing more than a drum pattern, without us even knowing where it hails from. If you ponder upon it, you will find it incredible that a whole subculture, and all which derives from it, is based on variations of a 6 second drum loop.  If you're interested in what the DNA of the music you listen to on a daily basis is, I suggest you watch this video. I myself was pretty amazed about this particular bit of information. Cheers.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:21:22 AM by Jubito »

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: You have to know your roots
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
Interesting, throughout the whole vid I was thinking of this track: Prodigy - Break and enter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal