Author Topic: GTASL 4 Video progress thread  (Read 9884 times)

Offline Pendji

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GTASL 4 Video progress thread
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2008, 11:09:34 AM »
This aint a DS you know

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »
Quote from: FIGHTER
lol you can touch the screen
NO! Absolutely not.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:22:15 PM by Mr.Magic »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2008, 01:07:45 PM »
Don't even look at the computer, don't be in the same room as the computer, disconnect the internet as well, be about a mile away from PC until rendering time is complete so you know there has been no outside interference.

Most importantly of all, make sure the cat does not get in the room so it lies on the keyboard and causes absolute mayhem...

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
I am having similar problems, its taking some effort to have it remain constantly at the max FPS. I am disconnecting my network cable, turning off my Internet Security, turning off a bunch of processes that aren't that important, varying the draw distance in game (unfortunately I cannot have it at full), and closing Freeplay when not using it (if after all the previous its still struggling). Sometimes my game just gets angry at me after a few attempts at recording the same stunt, and for all attempts afterwards, it picks a spot in the middle and always lags there, and the only way to stop it is to restart the game, and hope I can get the perfect recording before it happens again. I am playing in windowed mode while recording, but I doubt that makes it lag any less, I just like it that way. Also I used to have a theory that if you moved the player (in-game) to the rough location where the rep takes place then it'll run a tiny bit better, but that's probably just superstition, I dunno. If none of this stuff works (which is the case for me with one rep I've come to so far), I guess the only other option I know of is BKs half-speed method, if you're not already using it.

Good luck dudes.

EDIT: Just realised that you probably meant lagging in the rendered product, not the individual Fraps'd clips, my bad... I guess you can ignore everything I just said  . Although the last 3 words still count!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:24:54 PM by Dannye »

Offline VenomX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2008, 06:02:52 PM »
Thanks for the advice Danny E, although we did mean during rendering .  Either way cheers and we'll keep that in mind in the future.

Guessing the colour corrections and everything on the second half of the video have something to do with it, all of the stunts lag more in general because there's more going on on screen.  At the moment we're attempting to render an mp4 or mkv version of the video using Daffy's tutorials, and a medium quality WMV will also be done tonight.  So expect to see this within a few days .

Offline Mr.Magic

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 01:48:14 AM »
Quote from: Dannye
Also I used to have a theory that if you moved the player (in-game) to the rough location where the rep takes place then it'll run a tiny bit better, but that's probably just superstition,
I have that theory too. I think it does work cus then the game doesn't have to use that little extra cpu to load the location's textures, draw distance and what not.

Edit: lol lex you're going ape shit about quality now that you're getting a new computer aren't you?  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:49:27 AM by Mr.Magic »

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2008, 02:17:02 AM »
The mkv encoding failed a fair bit as we missed out a pretty big part of the tutorial. However now I know the problem; in Daffy's tutorial at one point it says "select the GTA profile I posted". It's not letting me do that for some reason, any ideas?

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2008, 02:38:10 AM »
Daffy's GTA profile is set for dark and brooding while your using bright colors

I wish I could help for realz though.

Offline Souzuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2008, 01:01:51 PM »
iam in this video ?  
PM me back please

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:15 PM »
You'll find out when the vid is released suzy, so chill.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2008, 02:01:30 PM »
Good news! I think...basically I have a medium-low quality mkv working and a Mega quality mkv version which my PC is too shit to run. I'm pretty sure it doesn't lag given the right amount of power to run it. Looking for a middle ground generally decent quality mkv one now.

The bad news is that every wmv I try to render (lower or higher quality) lags still, which is really annoying. I'm kinda at a loss of where to go with getting this to work with wmv now, I guess over the next few days I will just keep rendering versions and playing with settings to try to make something that looks good and runs smoothly.

Hopefully I can at least get a decent quality range running smoothly in mkv format, although that's hardly ideal as I know a lot of people won't be able to run it. I guess we'll have to see what happens in the next few days, sorry for the delays.

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »
have you tried an xvid render? those generally don't lag.

Offline ofthemountain

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 12:56:38 AM »
Great news! We tried Xvid and got a good quality, completely smooth version!  Expect a release pretty soon, once we do a MQ Xvid and maybe try wmv one more time.

Offline Vicarious

• Brilson
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 12:58:26 AM »
That is awesome news! Cant wait for this

Offline Laketown

• Veteran Member
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 01:21:16 AM »