Author Topic: Unveil: The Riddles of 476  (Read 1340 times)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
Unveil: The Riddles of 476
« on: April 26, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
If you're interested, read. If you're not, leave. If you haven't seen the video and you're interested, watch the video.  If you haven't seen the video and you're NOT interested, leave. If.. leave.

[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DCALh7tlCU[/noembed]

I couldn't find a more proper section, and it's been more than a month since release. Now seems like a proper timing.

Now this might sound weird, I've actually put so much stuff that I forgot what some of them actually were during the process, so I apologize :lol:

DISCLAIMER: THE RIDDLES WEREN'T CREATED TO BE OBVIOUS IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

The story:

WARNING THERES A SPOILER FROM THE GAME "LIMBO"

The story of 476 is basically a GTA 4 reinvention of a game called LIMBO mixed in with stunting, the story of LIMBO is vague but its about a boy thats apparently in LIMBO which is the transition from life to death according to religion. So in the game he thrives looking for this one girl but can never reach her, thats exactly whats happening in 476, whats happening in the intro of 476 is my thoughts of what limbo is like, the end of the game LIMBO is basically the boy being launched through glass, some say it might've been a car accident so thats what I used. Some say the girl is digging his grave in LIMBO then she suicides, thats also what I used. The woman in 476 is at the graveyard (First angle from the last scene, cross is seen at the right side of the screen as the woman raises her head to the sky)

then she suicides to join him because he calls for her in limbo.

The number and it's strong relation to the video:

Since we're dealing with limbo we're dealing with stuff like, you recall your life after death. So in my opinion one's life is split into sections. And those were basically his sections.

Relation to the song.

The Radiohead song used in the video "Everything in it's right place" ..precisely calculated has 476 kicks.

"...as if they were sounds from heaven"

Relation to the release date.

The character died on 17th of March which is also the release date of the video.

"The three combined determine fate"

Three/combined

The three are the three digits of 4,7 and 6. Them being three indicates to March and if you combine them you get 17.

Also the logo relates to their combination. (The design is the three numbers combined to form an obscure shape that happens to be biblical.)

Relation to the colors

"..it's colors so vivid, they gave rhythm to the rhythmless...."

Chapter 1 is Green.

Chapter 2 is Violet

Chapter 3 is Indigo.

If you align them with the order of the rainbow colors you get:

Green is 4th in rainbow, Violet is 7th and Indigo is 6th.

You get 476.

Relation to the birthday of Izzee's mother being 17th of March.

He was wondering if the video has something to do with his mother, yes it does.

Pause at 3:06 (Bottom right corner)

Other riddles: (Will add more if I remember)

The 476th frame in the video is corrupt.

Thats actually everything I can remember now, theres more surprisingly. I actually have to view the video more to remember. As you can tell by now these weren't made to be obvious at all..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:30:47 AM by Beat »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Unveil: The Riddles of 476
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:01 AM »
Hmm, yes, fascinating.

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 08:51:48 AM »
I just applied for a job at NASA as an astrophysicist and even though I don't have any college degrees, I listed under qualifications "Have watched 476 by visionary director BeaT" and they not only hired me instantly but also made me the chairman and CEO of NASA.

Offline value

• internationaler player
  • thabang
    • View Profile
    • YOUTUBE
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
I just applied for a job at NASA as an astrophysicist and even though I don't have any college degrees, I listed under qualifications "Have watched 476 by visionary director BeaT" and they not only hired me instantly but also made me the chairman and CEO of NASA.

are we supposed to laugh now?

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 09:16:14 AM »
I didn't read because I actually have that game downloaded... I think I got stuck somewhere after like 2 minutes of playing though o.o

I'll be sure to read this again (if) after I play the game ^^

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:33:33 AM »
I didn't read because I actually have that game downloaded... I think I got stuck somewhere after like 2 minutes of playing though o.o

I'll be sure to read this again (if) after I play the game ^^

Only the story part has spoilers. Rest is just fine.

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:22:58 PM »
Wow pretty in-depth, I like it. There's always a huge trail of ideas behind even the shortest of clips when it comes to videos, and I think this topic kind of sums that up. Love the ideas and love the video man, heard you're going to stop making GTA edits to pursue a real life video, but you know where you belong  ;). Good luck with the future man.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:55:30 PM »
I am a great fan of these things  :a-cheer: Nice one

Offline D.JacK

• View Profile
    • My youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 03:22:54 PM »
woah,really liked you resolved the interesting things. :lol:
really,you very carefully to the idea of ​​the production,so I love you more than before :wub:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal