Author Topic: vc,lc,saivc,ac and mi won't start  (Read 990 times)

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
vc,lc,saivc,ac and mi won't start
« on: December 29, 2011, 06:13:10 AM »
somehow, from one moment to another I just couldn't start any of the vc games anymore. all other games on my pc are able to play, except for vc,lc,saivc,Alien City and Myriad Isle. and I don't know why. I tryed to change the compability of the gta_vc.exe on windows 98 / Windows Me, then it opens and I can play, but all the savegames are not in the game, also I can't watch or save replays. pls help :euro:

Offline Kukiel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: vc,lc,saivc,ac and mi won't start
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:17:52 AM »
I suppose I'm the last one to speak since my VC barely even works but.. :lol: It's quite similar situation to mine nonetheless.
I for instance have 2 User Files folders. Strangely enough one shows up only when I play the game. :lol: I run the game on 98/Me compatibility and then go back to windows and open Documents folder where all the data is being held. Then out of nowhere I have one extra VC user file folder where I can switch everything.
I know it's not much of a solution. :P

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 06:36:44 AM »
This happens to me when I reinstall the game and when I switched drives. Just delete the .set file in the user files.

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:40:56 AM »
I suppose I'm the last one to speak since my VC barely even works but.. :lol: It's quite similar situation to mine nonetheless.
I for instance have 2 User Files folders. Strangely enough one shows up only when I play the game. :lol: I run the game on 98/Me compatibility and then go back to windows and open Documents folder where all the data is being held. Then out of nowhere I have one extra VC user file folder where I can switch everything.
I know it's not much of a solution. :P
Well no it isn't :D
But I still don't get it, why it won't start the game. I mean I played vc 1 year on the normal compability without any problems, and now it doesn't open. I mean, if only vc wouldn't open, then I could say something is wrong with vc.. but all the games which hast to do with the vc engine, doesnt work anymore... thats some serious shit  :|

This happens to me when I reinstall the game and when I switched drives. Just delete the .set file in the user files.
Gonna try that :ajaja:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 06:45:11 AM »
Thanks Mugetsu, it works again :cc_detective: double post ftw closed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal