Author Topic: GTA SA TXD alpha question  (Read 2001 times)

Offline forzal

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
GTA SA TXD alpha question
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
Hello to everyone on this forum. I wanted to modify a texture to a car, so the car would keep its stickers (taxi cab), bit in the game the car would have different colors. I made an alpha, so the stickers were visible (white) and the rest of the car was transparent (black). Now the car indeed became transparent, only the stickers are visible and the inside of the car. Isnt there an option, so the "invisible" part of the alpha is shown painted in different colors, depending on carcols.dat?

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
Re: GTA SA TXD alpha question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
so you want the taxi cab to have different colors?

sa vehicles dont have different body maps (they all use the same one in vehicles.txd i think) so for a taxi all you'd need to do is open carcols, delete the colors from the taxi line and replace them with say the infernus colors line or put your own colors in. no txd mods required  :euro:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:12:15 AM by Blaze »

Offline forzal

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
Its not so simple, because the roof and pillars of the car has to be white, and there are many stickers on the car. I guess, new objects have to be made in zmodeler for the stickers, and the roof has to be separated from the car, to make it a different color from the body (white). And all the stickers and white pillars have to open together with the doors.... that will be too difficult for me  :P I think, I will get used to single color taxis :)

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:09 AM »
I don't get it are you using a custom DFF or something?

You should be able to separate the roof/other parts of the car in ZModeler and then use the material editor to apply the paintjob to whichever parts you like. Vehicles are only allowed two colors though; the primary color and the secondary color so keep that in mind.

You're probably better off asking over at GTAForums since they have a dedicated modding community and will be able to help alot more than I can :P

Offline forzal

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:49:10 AM »
Its a normal DFF created by someone else in zmodeler. I dont understand how to set up a 3D model for GTA, so I dont want to mess with it in zmodeler. I thought my design can be done by editing the TXD only.  Thanks for help :)

Offline JOUS3NN

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 08:26:27 PM »
Hello to everyone on this forum. I wanted to modify a texture to a car, so the car would keep its stickers (taxi cab), bit in the game the car would have different colors. I made an alpha, so the stickers were visible (white) and the rest of the car was transparent (black). Now the car indeed became transparent, only the stickers are visible and the inside of the car. Isnt there an option, so the "invisible" part of the alpha is shown painted in different colors, depending on carcols.dat?
You need to install the TXD Tool Apk for this to check the stickers online before applying with proper and customized textures.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal