Author Topic: ATS - Hand Jive  (Read 10035 times)

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
ATS - Hand Jive
« on: February 05, 2022, 01:10:28 PM »
Hey all.

So I went and did a solo - go figure. It's not exactly mind-blowing stuff, just having a laugh and wanting to put something together. It's a mix of old stunt types and new stunt types. I'm pretty certain there's old stunts in there, but I just didn't really give a crap about that. I'm too old to go searching hundreds of videos to confirm this  :lol: .

Hand Jive!

Not doing a youtube link. Youtube are too much of a pain to deal with. Besides, I wanna keep reinforcing the database.

Cheers guys.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:16:05 PM by kaneda »

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: ATS - Hand Jive
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 01:40:24 PM »
Such a fun and creative wee video. Looks like you had a blast making it (and I can see what you mean about that one annoying small-space stunt, looks good)

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
That was unexpected, really loved the video, I always loved the ATS vid atmosphere where most of the video's work is done in the game itself rather than in the video editing software.

Stuntingwise it was all pretty good and with a lot of clean executions, what happened in that squalo clip at the cinema studio where it just boosts upward out of nowhere? BK had a video where the same thing happened and I couldn't figure it out.

Finally, the outro and the scripting in general were amazing, good old ATS humor!

Great job man, keep it up.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 01:43:56 PM by MtS »

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 01:43:47 PM »
Well if you needed a splash of fresh water on your face from watching a video then this is exactly what this video is. I don't think I've seen in a very long time a more up beat stunt video. I can tell you have a fun time making this dude. I thought most of the stunts were top notch, specially those hole precision ones. The editing was made perfectly for this video. Congrats dude on actually completing this solo after what? another decade? lol
Anyways This is a keeper.

And yes me  :a-cheer: was the biggest highlight in the entire video...prove me wrong... :P

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 02:01:39 PM »
oldschoolish and creative stuff - how i missed it.. i really enjoyed stunting and editing, like im back in to the past.

Offline AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 02:02:09 PM »
amazing

Offline TurBo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 02:09:21 PM »
That was wacky and re-invigorating in the best manner possible. Steeped with ATS idiosyncracy and most of all really entertaining, including the scripted bits. I would say some of my favorites were the boat stunts and the train tracks drop bump to recoil wall-kick to the water tank precision but frankly there were so many interesting and compelling ideas that worked.

Great to see you in action again.

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 02:36:54 PM »
Thanks all.

Just a couple of notes I neglected to mention in the initial post:

1. I became mildly obsessed with squeezing vehicles through small gaps, which is why there are a lot of those types of stunts

2. I added quite a number of mods to the outro of the vid, so a blanket thanks goes to the developers of those

3. Shout-out also to Ezraph and Nem for the remade ATS coach - ours has unfortunately been lost to time

In regards to the Squallo spaz-out - it may be a result of the version of the VC exe I use (not that it's cracked, I would never do that!) but at that very spot if you're still accelerating when you hit a very specific pocket of air near the water tower you seem to wildly accelerate, sometime hitting a second wierd pocket of air just above that one with the same results. I'd love for someone to hit up that spot and see if they get similar results. You just need to be accelerating the whole time.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 02:40:14 PM by kaneda »

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 03:02:11 PM »
In regards to the Squallo spaz-out - it may be a result of the version of the VC exe I use (not that it's cracked, I would never do that!) but at that very spot if you're still accelerating when you hit a very specific pocket of air near the water tower you seem to wildly accelerate, sometime hitting a second wierd pocket of air just above that one with the same results. I'd love for someone to hit up that spot and see if they get similar results. You just need to be accelerating the whole time.

That's quite interesting. Here is the clip from BK I mentioned earlier in case you want to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7ZrqQV5fA&t=1m23s
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 03:03:42 PM by MtS »

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 03:09:10 PM »
Bringing back the lost art of threading the needle. Hope Samurai watches this. Sweet video with a sweet beach party at the end for good measure.

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 05:21:05 PM »

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 09:24:06 PM »
https://youtu.be/orf9icOy6J0

:) :) :) :) :)

Appreciate that, man. Yeah, the big grand stuff these days can be a real time sink and I'm at the point now where smaller stuff is not only less of a time sink, but more fun. I was also playing with stunts where I'm going down rather than up - I have no idea why.

@MtS: Yeah, that's exactly how it looks most times - like there's a layer of water in mid-air or something. I'm going to have to jump on the PS4 and try it there. Otherwise, it's my completely legit exe that I in no way pilfered from the internet.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2022, 04:12:57 AM »
It's always a joy to see a new Kaneda creation! Loved the stunts - those small gaps/landings were extremely satisfying (especially bumping back into the barn and slotting the infernus under the billboard), even further so thanks the fun edit that showcased them oh so nicely (the triple stoppie sequence was perfect). Capping it off with the beach sequence was awesome too. Nice work dude!

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 05:31:46 AM »

That's quite interesting. Here is the clip from BK I mentioned earlier in case you want to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z7ZrqQV5fA&t=1m23s
TBV had the same in the VC docks where he landed that crane (might be Zenith? Not too sure). He got a boost like BK did and might even have landed the tall crane but my memory is hazy.

Watching this video was a ton of fun. Cool funky precisions and needle threads. Yea there were at least a handful of old stunts but you didn't care and after being away for more than a decade I don't blame you even the slightest for not knowing (or caring). Outro was amazing. Great surprise to see this video pop up as well.

Offline Arnax

• beyond
  • Veteran Member
  • Solus Ipse
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2022, 05:49:39 AM »
Old school, highly entertaining, perfect technique was demonstrated altough the difficulty of stunts varied. I did stunt at 3:23 (Haywire's Hand Jive Reaction) in Ars Gratia Artis, but you already mentioed what we can expect in first post. I just want to say that I'm glad we had the same idea and your execution is even more beautiful. Kaneda, Darkness, ATS <3
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 06:00:17 AM by Arnax »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal