Author Topic: NEM'S LAST STAND  (Read 8091 times)

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
Re: NEM'S LAST STAND
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2021, 05:32:22 AM »
Very enjoyable and somewhat touching video. It was so cool to see this many names in a video, especially those old guys back in action again! Good job Nem for gathering people together for years, I can imagine how much energy and time it takes to dig up people from old times. It almost felt like (another) community video for me, the video was less about the stunts and more about the stunters. But I still would like to highlight my favourite stunts:
Max' insane doublegrind (amazing use of terrain and especially SAiVC, the second grind was totally unexpected
Maci' stunts - he always delivers and usually owns the videos he is in
Dannye's double grab
Toty's bump2wallkick2roof - unexpected but so good
Nem's BB grind at 8:05 - although its a stuck method, still it was placed to an unusual place and overall I found this stunt interesting, great use of terrain, smooth grind at the end
Blaze' spinny grind at 8:37 - rare to see such stylish grind
Silw's car stunt at 9:05 - you used the edge of the roof so well to be able to bonk the pole and land on the higher roof - could not see this coming
NS csm2roof - that was high, also cool runup, I hope this one was still new
I thought NS got the finisher but when I saw there is another stunt after that I expected something huge and brilliant, the finisher kinda lacked that wow factor for me, should have chosen another one in my opinion.

Ezraph did a great editing, he has really developed in this area a lot. The songs were well chosen and the voice acting, the intro and the interludes all helped to create such fun atmosphere, it felt like an ATS video. And that's what really matters, having fun and enjoying stunting and that way you can produce stuff that others will enjoy, too. Thanks for the experience guys!

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2021, 08:09:20 AM »
Wow Fugi thank you for a half an hour reivew, that was really a great listen! That's exactly how reviews should be done in my eyes and I really enjoyed all the little comments between stunts, talking about your memories and views of things. Thanks a lot to you and also Diaz for a detailed comment, love you guys :wub:

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2021, 11:00:52 AM »
Wow Fugi thank you for a half an hour reivew, that was really a great listen! That's exactly how reviews should be done in my eyes and I really enjoyed all the little comments between stunts, talking about your memories and views of things. Thanks a lot to you and also Diaz for a detailed comment, love you guys :wub:
Couldn't agree more, that was great! I noticed people have started creating these reaction videos and I've seen a fair few! But nobody actually takes time to comment on anything, nevermind every stunt. Top lad, Fugitive!

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2021, 04:52:49 PM »
Nice it's finally out!

I really enjoyed watching this video. The vibe and music I thought fit well with how many stunters were in it. There were some really creative stuff that came out of this video, actually too many for me to want to write lol.

This one is a keeper!  ;D

Offline luli guy

• Banned
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2021, 06:30:49 PM »
amazing, back to 2008

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2021, 01:51:49 AM »
Thanks dude I'm really glad you enjoyed the video :mellow: hopefully kaneda and Dannye will watch it soon too

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2021, 03:48:25 AM »
An impressive project Nem/Ezraph - and I quite enjoyed watching it - I can't imagine the work involved in putting it all together, great work to both of you, and everyone else involved! It was cool to see such a large collection of stunts from so many stunters, and the music selection tied it all together nicely, giving it a fun vibe. I'm happy that I could be a part of it - I was in a classic air-grab mood that day and had good fun playing around with that spot, so it's sweet to see that stunt get a home here.

Some misc highlights for me, stunt-wise, included Max's fence grinding antics, Aries's psm 2 grind, and shifftee + jooker's tree landings. Some editing-related highlights included: seeing a hint of that first stunt over the video title, the opening angle for theonly_one's LC skimmer bump, the shared/transition shot between the freeway and boat junkyard stunts, and starting the credits off with the remainder of Nem's grind (also a cool stunt!) along with the cool camera angle/movement used to capture it. It also looks like a great deal of effort must have been spent on the various scripted interludes throughout the video, so hats off to those involved in the planning and execution of that! Ooh, also, seeing the list of stunters at the end labelled as 'cast of characters' was cool.

Good stuff!
(I also watched Fugitive's video too, and found that quite fun and interesting, cheers for that!)

Offline Conatus

• Brassica oleracea var. botrytis
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2021, 03:03:52 PM »
Thanks for time travel! I enjoyed watching this video with beautiful camera angles. My favorite stunts were Shifteee's opener and Toty's LC bump.

The only thing I liked less is the weird colors bleeding and that make look like an old damaged VGA cable.

Great job everyone involved!

Offline MaCi

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2021, 10:34:58 AM »
First of all I gotta give it to you Nem for your persistance to get this little bandyball rolling into a...well, medicine ball is the biggest ball I can think of.
I recall this being just a funky little summer collab from the start and I didn't have anything at all landed for a very long time, but somehow in the end you managed to suck two stunts out of me and I'm very happy to have been a part of this beautiful video :)
That leads me to Ezraph's editing which I think was really well done and especially the cinematics. Both the stunting part and that funny little story. Cool angles there and awesome effects and shit. And yeah, I also didn't enjoy that data-mosh effect but it looked kinda cool on Khaimyk's SAiVC stunt. Maybe use it a bit more...less in the future  :lol: Or more "lagom". And sure, it's too bad you cut out some of the landings but it's just a minor thing as I really enjoyed everything else.
I also like that you can use such an "extreme" CC & timecyc without making it look weird. I guess the soundtrack helped out with that, simply a great fit. Cool songs.
On to the characters. My god, in 2021 it's so fucking amazing to see guys like Fugitive & ZeroX(!!1), and all those 15 year old farts still lingering.
I'm also really fucking glad to see Shifftee again  :wub:
Anyway as usual everyone had cool stuff and my favorites are;
Kanedas's drop bump, Skuller's boat CSM, MaxXx's crazy ass grind O.o, AllBeast getting assfucked by Haywire whilst doing that insane grind to bump, SkilZ' fluke debbolgrend ;P, Aries' cork2ledgegrind, ZeroX's BSM to BB grind, Nem's CSM to BB grind, jooker's drop bump to palm prec  :blink: & Hedgehog's finisher.
Also I loved Sorcery's imitation of Neo  :lol:

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
Amazing vid guys! ;D Stunts are so good that I even don't want to comment on any of them separately, only just want to praise Smut for finding another squalo wall scratching spot, gj :mellow:. Awesome intro, outro and Lagoon reference moment. Also nice to see old names here. Well done!

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2021, 04:56:58 AM »
https://youtu.be/jNWDgqNn7cY

Thank you Filip that means so much :wub: and anyone who's commented you all are just awesome, keep stunting!!

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2021, 03:32:34 PM »
@NEM:  Another great video from you and it's always a pleasure to be a part of it you know jow much i love to be in a video with old stunters, thank you for everything you did for the VC  part

Great job overall Ezraph did a good job with the editing keep it up !

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2021, 10:08:00 PM »
I'm a bit late on this, so sorry for that. Thoroughly enjoyable vid all around. I love the laid back editing and musical choices. There's nothing better than a stunt vid that just makes ya continuously say "...nice...oh, nice...sweet one...", and this vid was one of those - it's like the Big Lebowski of stunt vids.

I'll be up front and say my contributions were a matter of "Uh...what have I got...?". I would have loved to land some more "...nice...oh, nice...sweet one..." stunts, but time's not on my side of late. Regardless, I was happy to contribute something and be in such fine company.

Great work, to everyone involved.

(ZeroX, even? Geez...you really did get in everyone's ear)

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2021, 12:29:59 PM »
Whoops, thought I'd commented already on this. Good mix of humour and quality stunts from a plethora of older and newer faces. Very well edited too although that sorta corrupt-style footage when you go from one shot to next, it's hard to see that as a genuine effect and more like just Vegas being Vegas and arsing things up for the editor - if you were indeed going for that effect, it was very well done, and did work a couple of times.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal