Author Topic: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)  (Read 18043 times)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Heists Update: Stunting Changes (X360, PS3, PS4, XO)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2015, 02:32:20 PM »
lol I understand why you're frustrated! having to do a huge fucking research project every time there's an update is just ridiculous.

Unfortunately, it's the only way I can trust we're getting 100% accurate information :P. It'll probably be a day or so before I post anything with real depth.

UPDATE: Haven't dived in too deeply yet, but the handling on X360/PS3 seems perfectly fine to me. So that's something :D. You can't use the new vehicles in single player though, seems like a bug.

UPDATE 2: It's worth noting that deathmatches are now limited to 20 minutes in open lobbies, on all platforms. Having 60 minutes in a deathmatch is really important for multiplayer stunting, so to avoid this, host a private session before hosting a stunting deathmatch (invite only sessions, crew sessions, friend sessions).
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:02:34 PM by VaNilla »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »
Good on you for testing man :P

Hopefully it will be better when PC version comes

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2015, 06:39:52 PM »
Fully tested car handling on last gen, it's perfect :). More general handling updates coming soon, testing all the new vehicles later down the line.

UPDATE 1: Found two minor changes to cars. You can't do the Panto tunnel glitch anymore, and the Voltic rain reverse glitch isn't nearly as effective as before. These could have been patched out a long time ago, it's been a while since I tried either of these methods. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the videos below. This doesn't actually matter with regards to stunting, but it's worth knowing that both of these methods are gone :P.

GTA V: Panto Looping In Tunnel
Zentorno vs Coil Voltic (going in reverse) in rain.

UPDATE 2: Tested both of these methods again on the latest update. Maybe I was doing it wrong before, I don't know, but the Panto tunnel method is working again for me :D. Voltic's still patched.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:27:58 PM by VaNilla »

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
  • Foresttravesty has a poor taste in music.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
I didn't just make that up  :blink:

Gliding for distance has not changed in the slightest.  I cannot comment on steering with gliding as I couldn't do that over 3G on my Vita - controls were too laggy to be responsive enough.  I could, however, do a stunt and turn my bike upside-down and glide for just as long as normal.

Trust me.
I wasn't talking about the gliding, I thought you meant motorbikes aren't too effected overall. My bad.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »
Fully tested car handling on last gen, it's perfect :). More general handling updates coming soon, testing all the new vehicles later down the line.

UPDATE 1: Found two minor changes to cars. You can't do the Panto tunnel glitch anymore, and the Voltic rain reverse glitch isn't nearly as effective as before. These could have been patched out a long time ago, it's been a while since I tried either of these methods. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out the videos below. This doesn't actually matter with regards to stunting, but it's worth knowing that both of these methods are gone :P.

GTA V: Panto Looping In Tunnel
Zentorno vs Coil Voltic (going in reverse) in rain.
I did the Panto tunnel thing within the last month, so unless there was an update in that time, it's a recent thing.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »
Fully tested motorbikes and cycles on last gen, they're exactly the same :). However, the issues introduced in GTA V 1.19/1.20 on X360/PS3 persist in GTA V 1.21. Honestly, these issues aren't a big deal, they barely affect stunting. With that said, if you've forgotten what changed last time around, check below.

• When turning left/right on Motorbikes and Bicycles, ghosting begins to register after releasing the analogue stick to a neutral position. To disambiguate that statement; if you let go of the stick after holding it towards the left or right, you will keep moving in that direction for about half a second, before the game recognises you've stopped moving to the left or right. However, this only happens while travelling at medium/high speeds (relative to the max speed of the respective vehicle). So, you need to be tapping the pedal button on a BMX/Scorcher/Cruiser (or holding the right trigger all the way down on a motorbike) for this bug to happen. The bug doesn't happen while pedaling slowly on bicycles, or driving very slowly on motorbikes. Additionally, this can actually be avoided by gradually returning the analogue stick to a neutral position, so it's not really a big issue while stunting, unless you have to let go of the stick (as with gliding). Finally, this doesn't happen in other types of vehicles, doesn't happen while leaning forwards/backwards, and is unique to GTA V 1.19.

Now onto the big stuff. Steering weight/traction remains the same across all types of vehicles... except for motorbikes. The first thing I noticed upon loading GTA V 1.19 is how heavily motorbikes steer in the latest update :sleep:. I set out to prove this by grandfathering my testing methodology from GTA V 1.15, and applying it to all types of ground vehicles in GTA V 1.19.

GTA V 1.00/1.18 vs GTA V 1.19 - Steering Weight and Traction (X360/PS3)

To complete this test, I bought stock vehicles from Legendary Motorsport and Southern San Andreas Super Autos, and maxed out all performance modifications on each vehicle (brakes, engine, transmission and turbo). I used the same type of weather with approximately the same time of day in each recording, in order to prevent the weather from influencing my results. Made sure to avoid damaging the vehicles, and made sure my driving and stamina statistics were maxed out.

Using textures on the ground, I took exactly the same runup with each vehicle, and started the turning circles at the exact same position. I completed two full turning circles in each vehicle, and timed how long it took each vehicle to complete these turning circles, across both GTA V 1.00/1.18 and GTA V 1.19. All results are 100% frame accurate, analysed frame by frame in Adobe Premiere Pro.

As you can see, motorbikes steer much more heavily than they did in GTA V 1.00/1.18, while cars and bicycles remain unchanged. This is really frustrating, because not only does it make driving motorbikes feel very clunky, but it's also significantly more difficult to change direction while gliding motorbikes :(. At least gliding remains the same as 1.00/1.18 across all types of vehicles!

UPDATE: Fully tested boats and helicopters/jets/planes on last gen, exactly the same. The Hydra's awesome too, flawless handling in both flight modes :D. Bit bigger than the Lazer though, so you wont be able to hit the same kind of gaps. However, I assume the size works in its favour for carrying other players, among other things :euro:. Vehicles essentially stick to the top of the hydra while it's in vertical flight mode. It'll be a while before I test the other vehicles, but the Hydra is seriously the best part of this update for stunting, I love it :D.

Looks like last gen handling is exactly the same as before. That's good, at least ;).

UPDATE 2: Been trying to complete the heists on Xbox 360 to test the new vehicles fully upgraded (you can't access them in single player due to a bug). This is apparently intentional, but I don't believe it. Unfortunately I keep getting matched with total incompetents, and the servers aren't much better, so I'll have to continue testing the new vehicles on X360/PS3 another time. I've updated the first post with my last gen findings, but I'll test what I can on PS4/XO while waiting for optimal heists conditions.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:06:24 PM by VaNilla »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:56 AM »
damn, vanilla putting in the work. thanks for the info.

Offline xTrendSs

• I need a damn capture card.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
Guys, if anyone is interested in stunting whit any of the new vehicles, theres a way to use them in SP (Last gen only) Using hex editing (Via Hazards save editor). If i find a video i will edit this post and share it whit you guys, if you want help whit this you can add me on skype if you want.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2015, 02:49:27 AM »
Fully researched the new bikes, and fully documented how KERS works in GTA V. Notes coming soon :euro:.

UPDATE: They're in the first post, check it out ;). Still need to convert my Lectro/KERS research into proper writing, but I've been working on this all night. Expect a write-up on my research once I wake up, toodles :cc_detective:.

UPDATE 2: Done.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:35:36 PM by VaNilla »

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2015, 09:42:47 AM »
edit* nevermind
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 12:15:56 PM by foresttravesty »

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 09:46:02 AM »
I'm guessing no-one's tested the update that just dropped then?  On GTAF it's like waiting for paint to dry since they're all more concerned about money glitches being patched.

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2015, 10:56:31 AM »
From what I've heard it sounds like it might be fixed.  I've not had a play with it yet myself, but a friend said he once again has control of the bike in the air.  That sounds promising - they've at least addressed the issue.  Now it's just a question of whether it's back to what it was, or is now something else.

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
nothing has changed on xbox1 for motorbikes. they are still shit. i have not tested the bmx yet.

Offline BIGpoppaKEGdog

• Evolve Stunting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube.
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2015, 01:28:20 PM »
nothing has changed on xbox1 for motorbikes. they are still shit. i have not tested the bmx yet.
Just tested the BMX, also still shit.

Offline HonkMeat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 03:30:59 PM »
That's strange.  They're back to how they were on Monday on PS4.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal