Author Topic: Tips & Tricks (Outdated)  (Read 77274 times)

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, tricks, techniques...
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »
You can have them meet up and switch characters to trade who drives the vehicle. I did this with a lazer jet once.

Does anybody know how you can get a lazer jet for good? I tried storing it in my hangar but it disappeared -.-

Offline s[a1]nt NM

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
Found a few ways of surviving larger falls if you don't use the invisibility cheat or it runs out right after you start falling. Number 1, I haven't really tested it too many times, but if you are Trevor you can use his special ability and he won't take fall damage. I found something for the other two as well, but it requires precision timing  :euro: If you press pause right before you're about to hit the ground, then load a mission, then when it asks you "are you sure?" press no, it will speed forwards a few frames without being in game, so when you get back to the game you'll just be on the ground with no fall damage taken, if you do it too early you'll still be in the air though. I'll see if I can make a video of this soon  :cc_detective: Might also be possible if you see a bump going wrong, but again, timing is everything.

or using a cheat  :lol:

Okay I bought a garage and the bati with michael . how do I trade it to franklin? Or does franklin have access to the garage?

garage at grove street?
You can have them meet up and switch characters to trade who drives the vehicle. I did this with a lazer jet once.

Does anybody know how you can get a lazer jet for good? I tried storing it in my hangar but it disappeared -.-

Sometimes vehicle disappears after a reload,even if you save in a garage,and sometimes not, I cant understand why
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:57:29 PM by RedX »

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »
Found a few ways of surviving larger falls if you don't use the invisibility cheat or it runs out right after you start falling. Number 1, I haven't really tested it too many times, but if you are Trevor you can use his special ability and he won't take fall damage. I found something for the other two as well, but it requires precision timing  :euro: If you press pause right before you're about to hit the ground, then load a mission, then when it asks you "are you sure?" press no, it will speed forwards a few frames without being in game, so when you get back to the game you'll just be on the ground with no fall damage taken, if you do it too early you'll still be in the air though. I'll see if I can make a video of this soon  :cc_detective: Might also be possible if you see a bump going wrong, but again, timing is everything.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 03:02:31 PM »

You can store it in Trevor's hangar at the desert, pretty sure it won't disappear

Offline CENSORED

• bsm and rhino shit! (Y)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
Okay I bought a garage and the bati with michael . how do I trade it to franklin? Or does franklin have access to the garage?

nope just buy a garage as franklin somewhere south of the map then buy the cars/motors u want but i recommend u to use ruffian instead of bati :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:08:16 PM by CENSORED »

Offline RedX

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2013, 04:12:24 PM »

You can store it in Trevor's hangar at the desert, pretty sure it won't disappear

But it's not gonna pop up on the selection list, right? So if you wanna use a different plane the Lazer will disappear..

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »

I stored one at the main airport after buying the hangar and saved the game. I came back and there were two of them. Then a day later i went to fly one and they were gone. it is a bug in the game and R* is still patching. Many people complaining about garages not saving their stuff.

And imo, the Ruffian is better for stunting than the bati. I find it can pull wheelies easier at high speeds.

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2013, 05:08:41 AM »
I landed my first two stunts yesterday! I never thought i would enjoy stunting in a console so much! I think i will be able to put out an enjoyable solo/mini-solo soon.

Offline s[a1]nt NM

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »

Oh,sure

And imo, the Ruffian is better for stunting than the bati. I find it can pull wheelies easier at high speeds.

The Bati has the highest top speed, making it the best bike for long runup stunts. Additionally, the Akuma has the highest acceleration, making it great for ramps/ramp bumps with short runups. However, the Akuma can't pull a wheelie or do a stoppie, so it's useless for most elements of stunting.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:31:29 PM by s[a1]nt NM »

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »
The Ruffian is a great bike; it's certainly more versatile than the Bati. However, you'll find that you get more height with the Bati 9/10 times, even on a tiny runup where the Ruffian's improved acceleration should be helpful. If you can't pull a wheelie in time for a bump, try the Ruffian. Otherwise, use the Bati, because you get much more height with it, especially off low bumps.

Offline Cookie

• Veteran Member
  • om nom nom
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:34 PM »
Random question answers on this page:

Buy motorbikes online because it can be hard to find the exact one you are looking for on the roads.

Definitely buy the larger 4 car garages, the don't have the disappearing car glitch (or anywhere near as often at least).

To switch vehicles between character just get them to meet up in-game. Play as the player which the vehicle, switch to the character you want to get it to, switch back, drive there and they will be in the same location or nearby. When you switch to them the seem to hang around the same area for quite a long time before moving away.

You can store the Lazer Jet in Trevor's hanger in the desert but I had a problem storing 2 planes in there and didn't see any selection menu (only on the helipad), they just both disappeared. May have just been the location I parked them in the garage but both weren't there when I went back. You can buy a hanger for each character in LS airport but I don't know because I haven't bought any yet.

You can jump out of a helicopter as Trevor and use his special ability as close as possible to the ground and you should be able to stand back up. If you do it too soon he won't survive but I may also not work if you're too high, I haven't experimented with it.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
Everything I thought I knew about car stunting in this game has just changed dramatically. Contrary to my original opinion, the Adder is miles better than the Entity XF. You can get up to 2x more height and distance on the same spot with the Adder vs the Entity XF, because the traction is so much lower. I just landed a totally amazing spot that was impossible by far with the Entity XF after trying it with the Adder, just in case it made a slight difference :lol:

Now I've got to revisit a bunch of "impossible" car spots I've had in mind to try them all over again ;D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:45:30 AM by Shadowsniper »

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »
I gotta say I'm also very thankful for all the discoveries you've shared with us so far, it's been a tremendous help in making the transition to GTAV a lot smoother, I just wish you could do it without constantly bragging about how much 'totally amazing stuff' you've done all the time and I mean this in a helpful way :)

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
I'm not trying to brag, I'm just excited about the possibilities of this game. What interests me are new challenges, and new ideas, and this game has that in droves. I want to help it progress from the start, so it doesn't turn out like GTA IV did. I'm just trying to motivate people to treat this game as seriously as they do with Vice City and San Andreas, because that's the amount of effort I'm putting in to this game.

I'm not interested in letting those "Ben Buja" type videos prevail in the minds of the mainstream, that's why I'm working so hard on this. And having just got back into stunting again after a week or two of playing GTA Online, I'm just very excited :P

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »
Double post, but I've made another discovery. If you're in a car and you use slow motion in the air, you will lose velocity and drop down to the ground very quickly. This also seems to be helped/hindered by leaning; if you lean back, you will lose velocity and height faster than if you're leaning forwards (in slow motion). Haven't tested this in bikes, but so I've only noticed this happen in cars. Use this to help yourself land precisions, avoid overshooting, and land runups that would otherwise be impossible to pull off. ;)

Another thing about the Adder (and I'm not bragging). I've just landed a 1000ft+ distance bump, something that isn't remotely possible in the Entity XF from ground level. The potential of this car is huge. :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 03:21:56 PM by Shadowsniper »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal