Author Topic: ATS - The Final Cut  (Read 46875 times)

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: ATS - The Final Cut
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2011, 10:56:03 AM »
By unpolished I mean there were parts of the vid that were outstanding but some other parts were really out of place.
To give a few examples:
-the annoying 'resample' effect appearing here and there all over the vid (it's when the previous and the current frame blend together to create a smoothness effect, which doesn't apply here as the only thing it does is making the vid harder to enjoy)
-the rain sound stopping all of a sudden (it's a matter of opinion)
-the drum effects on the drum fills of the songs are waaay too extreme for the volume of the music

Things like that, I can't remember them all atm but they are not that many. Obviously people who aren't into editing don't really notice most of them but they were very annoying for me. It's tolerable I guess, but I expect more from you since you are one of my favorite editors. :P

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2011, 11:08:40 AM »
noted dude.

In terms of the music, i don't have the master, nor did i bother to start eq'ing the hell out of it. Wasn't really a thought to me, but I did have plans to add to the music, to balance it out, in the end. as in add some piano, and guitars ...etc. but in the end, I think was ready to just release, as my recordings for that stuff got corrupted on the day before, so it was a huge frustration there .

Drum effects- blame Vast :P

-aye, i had interpolate fields on, but I thought most people would prefer that, but perhaps not. I went that route, because my SAiVC recordings were fuckin horridly slow, so i tried to make them look a lil cleaner by doing that. (is that what you're referring too?)

-the rain stopping was intentional (intro the outro?) which i know i made a booboo on the clip crop.

I appreciate the feedback man  :jajaja:, sometimes there are small things that can completely annoy or put a bad taste in the viewer's mouth. 

-there are some minor things in the vid that bother me too, but i might try to patch some things up, and do a hq render at some point.

Well, glad it was tolerable i guess  :lol: . I hope it didn't take away from the stunts, thats what i wanted the focus to be. Next time, expect nothing from me  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:14:42 AM by Samurai »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 11, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »
Jerk! :(

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 11, 2011, 11:22:50 AM »
Jerk! :(

??

Baseline, I was joking in the last line dude. Not sure if that is what offended you :unsure: , but not the intent. Was just a joke on saying don't expect something awesome, and you won't get let down. Its how i go to see movies, with the lowest expectations, the surprised if its good, and if it sucks, ah well ...

Nah, i do appreciate the feedback for reals  ;)

. I wasn't quite sure on your resampling critique.  :ajaja:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:30:57 AM by Samurai »

Offline 灰野 敬二

• 加爾基 精液 栗ノ花
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 11, 2011, 11:33:06 AM »
I was only kidding lol... :P
Well, overall I couldn't say your editing is worse, it's just a bit different and I just liked your old style better that's all. :cc_detective:

Offline Samurai

• ATS Crew
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 11, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
I was only kidding lol... :P
Well, overall I couldn't say your editing is worse, it's just a bit different and I just liked your old style better that's all. :cc_detective:

ok. ffs, bastard  :lol:

I did't know  i had an old style, i just try to make the stunts look clear and good. thats usually my goal. This video was packed with stunts so not alot of breathing room to do cool fade to blacks and ominous transitions lol. Just tried to represent the ats lads with clarity and flow. Back on topic.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:56:34 AM by Samurai »

Offline dirtybird78

• misSdirecti0n
  • V.I.P. Member
  • Est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 11, 2011, 01:15:15 PM »
Awesome vid guys,Very cool last video.

Offline BG hitman

• Veteran Member
  • Zali-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2011, 07:38:43 PM »
counted around 10 old stunts  :euro: bur of course there were awesome stand outs in this vid  :P  like - kaneda's taxi boost 2 prec in saivc, Dannye's csm2bb grind (too bad it's bailed), nitzkit's polebump2double grind (defenetly my fav stunt form this vid). Also lost few spots but i don't care that much since they were performed in a flawless way  :P. The guys who stood out most for me are Knapman, Samurai and Kaneda

Overall: it was a trully awesome video full of creativity and cool ideas  :P 8.5\10

Offline Herb

• Nothingness
  • Veteran Member
  • I'm not living in Heaven, I'm living in Hell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2011, 08:05:18 PM »
The poutine pic was on the starting bb of Max's pizzaboy stoppie to double ag. Poutine is one of the few things good about Canada.  :euro:

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2011, 03:00:35 AM »
Can someone link us to a stream of a video with my BB CSM thingy? I'd love to see it done right! (and I'd love to feel like more of an idiot for spending so much time failing at it over the years :lol: )

Once again, I loved the video, I am glad I could be a part of it. Stunts were great, Sam's editing fantastic, intro and outro work amazing (didn't notice the binary behind my name on the first time through, very cool!), all the songs were perfect, and the 'aaaahhh' moment - beautiful.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2011, 03:38:32 AM »
Could we have a download link for all the billboards?  :a-cheer:

Offline Kingjad

• Veteran Member
  • Fat Bastard
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2011, 04:18:19 AM »
Sam kindly sent me the billboard I had landed on, he actually put a lot of thought into it which was quite a lovely gesture.

It ties in to the Declaration of Arbroath, I won't bore folk with the details but it sure earned Sam some brownie points :)

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:06 AM »
Thats funny. I had thought that very BB had something to do with Darkness. Good one. :)

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »
Shit o: Im late! Damn. Stunting videos are becoming more and more like real movies not jsut stunts and outro. Loved every little detail cause the little details make the video look awesome. You guys know how to keep the watcher interested and sticked to the video. Great stunts , Knapman had some crazy ideas and I lost that freeway stunt in junk yard. Props on landing it. Farewell ATS , you was the best  :happy:

Offline Madmax

• Veteran Member
  • Pizzaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2011, 08:55:24 AM »
The poutine pic was on the starting bb of Max's pizzaboy stoppie to double ag. Poutine is one of the few things good about Canada.  :euro:

*Quebec. the rest of Canada has subpar poutine which is really gross. My friends from BC don't understand how they've been living with such shit for so long :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal