Author Topic: Visuals  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Shiroi

• View Profile
Visuals
« on: September 05, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
...do the visuals look quite bad?

I have the PS3 version and the edges on most objects are so jagged it looks like crap in some places.

I'm running the game at 1080p and the game says it supports that fully on the box, so why does it look so much more jagged than all my other games?

Anyone else have this?

Offline morbidxxx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »
You have too big TV.

Offline Shiroi

• View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:24:39 PM »
box says 1080p, TV is 1080p

should be fine, all my other games look perfect its just that GTA looks more jagged

Offline UtterGarbage

• UG's Group
  • Veteran Member
  • Kickin It Old School
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:33:41 PM »
is this a high def tv based forum? nuh uh... anyway. they said itll run 1080p not it would look good. now go away rich boy!

Offline novo

• View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 04:05:45 AM »
i have a ps3 aswell a nice tv but no problems at all with gta IV

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
Visuals
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 08:40:07 AM »
how close are you sitting?? for a 50inch 1080p you should be around 6-10 feet away, let me guess your right in front of it?

Edit: I have a 32inch 720p LCD and if I sit closer than 4 feet it looks like shit, but around 5 - 6 feet its perfect.   I usually sit around 4 ft cause it just seems to work out that way in my room.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:35:38 PM by Turtle Boy »

Offline Shiroi

• View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 02:15:35 PM »
32 Inch set and i'm sat about 6-7ft from it

Offline Genyus

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 06:43:27 AM »
I have to agree that some parts of the game don't look really great and perfect detailed.

Offline JaiK

• Veteran Member
  • god himself
    • View Profile
    • youtube
Visuals
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »
oh for gods sake do ya think that everything shoud be perfect hu? look life just cant be perfect all the time and look on the other gta games hu they have never been perfect in any way but its fun as hell so who cares how it looks? not me thats the point (sounds huge ego there but it aint news)

Offline morbidxxx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 01:52:14 PM »
Quote from: JaiK
oh for gods sake do ya think that everything shoud be perfect hu? look life just cant be perfect all the time and look on the other gta games hu they have never been perfect in any way but its fun as hell so who cares how it looks? not me thats the point (sounds huge ego there but it aint news)
What the fuck was that for?

Offline Flat Face

• With power comes lulz
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 02:06:55 PM »
Quote from: morbidxxx

it was an extended response.

Offline morbidxxx

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Visuals
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 02:21:35 PM »
Quote from: Flat Face
Quote from: morbidxxx

it was an extended response.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
Visuals
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 04:05:10 PM »
Quote from: Shiroi
32 Inch set and i'm sat about 6-7ft from it

You are using an HDMI cable right? cause thats the only way you'll get true HD. Mine looks like total shit if I use the RGB's on my 32-inch. Looks like a ps2 game. all the shadows are jagged and the lines are clearly pixelated. But with the HDMI cable everything looks great, the only thing I notice are the leaves on trees, just a bunch of pixels in the shape of a leaf, a mosaic. But looks great in general. Also I noticed with the RGB's the color is wacked out, almost like an oil painting. very splotchy.  

Note: Also anyone notice that in SP while you drive you see blurry red and white lights that are supposed to signify traffic going in either direction? While in MP with it set to no traffic you still see that blurryness in your view, kinda odd. Obviously they put that in for effect and not so you can tell if there is traffic up ahead or not
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 04:07:45 PM by Turtle Boy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal