Author Topic: Watch Dogs  (Read 3868 times)

Offline Egoist

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
Watch Dogs
« on: May 27, 2014, 04:22:34 AM »
Hey i was just wondering , since Watch dog is kinda like GTA , do you think we can stunt in that game ?  :unsure:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:45:15 AM by Egoist »

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
Re: Watchdog
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 05:22:45 AM »
no offense but is it really that hard to learn the name of a game? also will answer you once I get my copy tomorrow

Offline Esteban97

• View Profile
Re: Watch Dogs
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 05:48:06 AM »
Nice idea, should definitely try that out.

found a simple bike jump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYye4_ZaQHQ

The physics dont look promising, but who am i to say

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 06:59:29 AM »
I am hating the handling of this game. I did a bump with a boat yesterday and I do believe one can do a few little things, but it shouldn't be close to what we're used to from the GTA series. I also tried a car wallride and all the car did was simply smash into one of the curve's polygons even though it had some sorta barricade to assist.

Haven't really focused on trying anything for real. Just been fucking around a little ya know.

Offline plumpegg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 07:02:27 AM »
Lets make it happen ! :)

Offline JustAdam

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 08:53:01 AM »
I am hating the handling of this game.
Haven't really focused on trying anything for real. Just been fucking around a little ya know.
Same here

I almost done a grind with a car today, but it's not even that good like GTA. :|
and remember it's just a game. Created for fun and play. Not for making stunts!  <_< but yeah why not?  :hmm:

The answer is in your hand's. I don't like and can't imagine to stunting in that game. Maybe someday perhaps.

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
The vehicle physics in this game are pretty bad. I've managed to do bumps/grinds on the bikes, but nothing impressive. Not really trying stunting in it yet though, so I'll try and gain a clearer picture later on. I see some potential in bumping super cars with motorbikes in multiplayer.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »
So you can't hack roadblocks to come up underneath you while driving to get some massive air?  :(

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 10:21:57 AM »
So you can't hack roadblocks to come up underneath you while driving to get some massive air?  :(

You can get air off them but vehicles tend to push away from dynamic collisions because the driving physics are so loose and arcadey :(.

Offline Basium

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 05:15:51 AM »
terrible physics, fps drop, freezes and bugs! Ubi$$oft ;)

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 07:01:19 AM »
The game is great fun, and it runs pretty well, probably one of the most optimized open world games, nothing is amazing in particular, but the overall product is great and it really does make you feel like an action hero vigilante hacker which is the point but it lacks depth in all aspects but the fact it's probably one of the best looking games ever, makes up for that. This feel like the first AC in 2007, it was one of the best looking games ever with a fresh new concept and a TON of hype, but the first one didn't use all of the potential, the second one though, did. I already really like Watch Dogs so I'm guessing I'll love Watch Dogs 2.

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »
For some reason I can't get fraps to work, no any screenshot function in Uplay, Steam or just the good old screenshot button. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Offline Beat

• d(^---^)b
  • Wasteland Heroes
    • View Profile
    • Beat's YouTube page.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »
Fraps is working fine for me

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 09:06:23 AM »
Restarted the computer, steam screenshots work now. But Fraps still not showing up :(
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:07:59 AM by Simon »

Offline Rusch69

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
... , and it runs pretty well, probably one of the most optimized open world games, ...

Totally disagree with this. Many people on the web are actually complaining about unstable FPS and constant variations. I'm very sure there's patches and driver updates incoming.

@Simon: Maybe give Shadowplay or Quick Sync a try instead (in case you got a GTX 650+ card or an iGPU by Intel). They don't capture lossless, but I had no issues creating 1080p footage with a bitrate of 60 Mbit/s at a max performance loss of 5%. That performance decrease is unnoticeable compared to Fraps and the clips look just fine.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:06:02 AM by Rusch69 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal