Author Topic: Recommendations  (Read 4814 times)

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
Recommendations
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:44:19 AM »
In this topic you can ask for Recommendations if you want them, or you can give recommendations if you just feel the need to share something amazing you have seen. The recommendations can be for whatever you want, Anime, Manga and Visual Novels.

Good luck and have fun  :cheernutz:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:54:50 AM by Simon »

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »
Will the recommendations stick to only anime or also manga, VNs, etc?

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 07:52:49 AM »
All of them, I'll add a bit more info to the first post I guess :P

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:53:16 AM »
Alrighty.

Nothing to recommend for me, everyone knows about my Haruhiism so yeah.

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 11:24:11 PM »
watch bobobo-bo bo-bobo. don't ask, just do it.

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 04:13:01 AM »

Another, it's really creepy but good at the same time, shame it's only a season long but I don't think adding a second season would be necessary since the story is pretty much concluded at the end. Prepare for a lot of blood.

Sora no Otoshimono, it's a story about a boy who just wants piece and quiet. He has the same reoccuring dream that he's meeting an angel for the past 15 years. One day suddenly an angel (angeloid) falls from the sky, Ikaros, who acts as a servant to Tomoki (the boy I mentioned). The more you advance into the story, the more you'll find out why and how she felt from the sky. While it might seem slow at first, in terms of progression, it gets better and more exciting. It's two seasons long and it also has a movie which is amazing. A typical highschool story.

More recommendations later :P You might notice I'm a sucker for highschool stories  :cc_detective:

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 04:50:55 AM »
some friends also recommended me 'another'. gonna check it out later! :ajaja:

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
I'll just recommend you guys my top 5 anime as you seem to be kind of new  :rolleyes: And I consider all of these a MUST watch.

Great Teacher Onizuka
This is an oldie, but goldie. GTO is probably one of the best comedy shows out there. With a perverted delinquent teacher, and a class that wants nothing to do but mess with him, this will always end up in laughter and a really important life lesson.

Spice and Wolf
Spice and Wolf one of those unique anime you rarely come by. It took me a while to give it a shot because I wasn't really sure on the setting and the would girl. But trust me, those are just the small things in this anime. What really makes this anime stick out from most others is the great chemistry that the two main characters have together. When I first watched this I flew through both seasons in 2 days with a constant smile on my face.

Clannad and Clannad: After Story
Now this, this is probably the anime that stands closest to my heart. If you can get through the daunting first arch you're not going to regret it. This anime took me on an emotional journey and ended in tears, which is a first for me, never cried at anything fictional before. It also inspired me to do something with my life, even though I didn't. Together with the beautiful story, you get some of the best animation at the time along with beautiful music. This is the mustest watch of all these must watches.

Shiki
Don't let this picture fool you, this is probably one of the creepiest and brutal anime I've seen. It was so brutal in fact, that there were two episodes they couldn't air on tv, so they were released as extras. That in mind, I wasn't really sure how I felt about it when watching it. After so and so many Vampire show I felt that I had seen it all, but this really takes us back to the original vampires and turns and twists it around. By the end I wasn't sure if I cheered for the Vampires or the Humans. The show really puts it out the worst and best sides of both coins. And if you like creepy anime, this is for you. Also if you like insane haircuts.

Steins;Gate
Now this, this is probably the best show scifi anime you'll get. With a wide range of characters that are all likeable(imo). I'd rather not say too much as it's best to just dive into it without knowing too much, but I'll say that if you think it's kind of slow, just get past the 12 first episodes and then it'll send you for a spin. Most people I've talked to marathoned episode 13 and out.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »
^Steins;Gate is seriously a must watch, probably the best anime I have seen so far. also, Another was pretty fucking awesome too.
I am not gonna search for pictures now if it's not a problem, I'm feeling a bit lazy.

comedy: Detroit Metal City, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka

srs drama stuff 'n shit: I don't really like romance animes and stuff like that, hence why I stay away from Clannad and these. although, Toradora! was one of the first animes I have watched, and it still has a special place in my heart. definitely check it out. also, Sankarea was really heartwarming too, tho a little gory. and soooo short.
aaaand Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. prepare for early laughs, then later feels.

horror/thriller: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (my absolute favourite after Steins;Gate), Umineko no Naku Koro ni (guess what, same producers, same masterpiece but only 1 season), Deadman Wonderland (season 2 pls), Mirai Nikki (dayum, that was one hell of an anime), Death Note (the first "season" was good, I hated the "second". there are no actual 2 seasons, but the anime can be separated into 2 parts)

ecchi (tho I am sure a lot of people will hate me for recommending ecchi): Highschool DxD (an anime which would be better without ecchi parts, has a seriously good plot), Highschool of the Dead (tho I loved HotD more for it's actual story [fuck me, yes, there is a goddamn story in this anime, even though it's a cliche story], not the tons of boobs)

so far these are the ones I found worthy of sharing on my MAL

Offline Simon

• Admin
  • aka Darkstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »
Just so you know, Toradora is way more Romantic than Clannad ever was. Clannads focus was never romance, but Family. Hence why it's called Clannad, which is Gaelic for Family.

Sankarea doesn't deserve to be mentioned along with Clannad and Toradora!

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 10:27:41 AM »
If anyone is into sports or enjoys watching such kind of anime I recommend watching this :

Hajime no Ippo
It has 3 seasons , third one is currently running ,it's about a highschool freshman who is a puss but after he found out about boxing he becomes passionate about it .
Great story line , interesting characters .

Slam dunk!An oldie but it is really good.

Kaiji,It may look odd but its great.
The story is about a guy who is in debt with alot of money , and he gambles so he can pay that debt.

Gurren lagann , a story about 2 guys stuck in a whole thinking that the outside world is just a dessert, some events happen and they get out, from there the story starts.

I think thats enough.

Offline Dom

• Anime
  • Where am I
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »
^oh right I should watch Gurren Lagann, because Yoko, because tits. also it looks interesting.

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2014, 12:45:41 PM »
^Steins;Gate is seriously a must watch, probably the best anime I have seen so far. also, Another was pretty fucking awesome too.
I am not gonna search for pictures now if it's not a problem, I'm feeling a bit lazy.

comedy: Detroit Metal City, Kore wa Zombie Desu ka

srs drama stuff 'n shit: I don't really like romance animes and stuff like that, hence why I stay away from Clannad and these. although, Toradora! was one of the first animes I have watched, and it still has a special place in my heart. definitely check it out. also, Sankarea was really heartwarming too, tho a little gory. and soooo short.
aaaand Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. prepare for early laughs, then later feels.

horror/thriller: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (my absolute favourite after Steins;Gate), Umineko no Naku Koro ni (guess what, same producers, same masterpiece but only 1 season), Deadman Wonderland (season 2 pls), Mirai Nikki (dayum, that was one hell of an anime), Death Note (the first "season" was good, I hated the "second". there are no actual 2 seasons, but the anime can be separated into 2 parts)

ecchi (tho I am sure a lot of people will hate me for recommending ecchi): Highschool DxD (an anime which would be better without ecchi parts, has a seriously good plot), Highschool of the Dead (tho I loved HotD more for it's actual story [fuck me, yes, there is a goddamn story in this anime, even though it's a cliche story], not the tons of boobs)

so far these are the ones I found worthy of sharing on my MAL

haha you have the same taste in animes that i have. i've watched almost all of them. but at the same time they're actually almost all animes i've watched  :lol:

e: i like gurren lagann, it's funny a hell but season 2 sucks :(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 12:47:17 PM by tomiboy »

Offline Asaaj

• Spaalonebabuguuscooties
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »
Oh yeah Highschool DxD, I don't have to recommend that anymore :P

It's so so so good, if you look away from all the boobus (yeah right  :cc_detective: ) the story is actually well thought of and the chess system is a nice touch to it all. I seriously can't wait for the third season! I got a poster of Highschool DxD hanging in my room cause I love the show so much :D

Haganai and Highschool DxD are my favourite anime at the moment, and also the only ones I have some kind of merchandise of (Yes I have too much money sue me)

Gonna pick up ghosts in a shell this week when I have a long weekend, infact I got a lot of anime to catch up on!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:12:12 PM by Asaaj »

Offline tomiboy

• pls
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • tomiboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »
i liked dxd, too  :lol: if you ignore the "plot", the actual plot is really good tbh. and the last episode... it was so worth watching, i never laughed so hard in my entire life  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal