Author Topic: Wallrides and Precision Landing  (Read 2391 times)

Offline LaserDeath

• View Profile
Wallrides and Precision Landing
« on: June 02, 2015, 09:29:13 AM »
Hey, I have difficulty doing vertical wallride, it seems different than in SA, what is the best way to perform it in V ?
Same as Precision Landing, on some spots I don't know how to brake well etc..
Can someone help me ?  :P

Offline LaserDeath

• View Profile
Re: Wallrides and Precision Landing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:50 AM »
bump please

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 01:52:54 AM »
Precision is about praying not to bounce off from what I know. :Disgusted:

Offline foresttravesty

• Evolve Stunting
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VId6eO36Kuc
    • View Profile
    • StuntinNotFrontin Productions
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 02:20:02 AM »
i'm not much of a vertical wallrider, so i can't really help you there.

for precisions, if you're talking the technical variety (no backstop, vehicle sized landing areas, etc.) like signs and such, brakes are not really going to help you. i use the edge to slow myself down. the right connection can basically just flop you onto the area or give you a small bump with enough time to position yourself before landing. example of the flop working https://youtu.be/pAFBik7MAMs example of the small bump working https://youtu.be/-AHVGWWoZXw?t=226

alternatively, if the object has enough solid space underneath the target area, you can connect below your landing  with the front tire at about a 60° angle. naturally, slamming into the wall is going to slow you down. while the front wheel is going to pull you up slightly and give you a small bump with enough time to position yourself for landing
example of this working here https://youtu.be/qapz_-xdGjo?t=53

both methods take practice to get the angle for the connection right.

hope that helps

Offline LaserDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
Thank you foresttraversty ! I did some precision landing stunts last night and the best technique is the last one that you said :)

Offline MrCooper

• Cryptic Stunting
  • The Chilayan Badass
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »
And when it comes to wallrides, the drill is pretty much the same, get a bump, land on the wall, go upwards. But in this case, in order to actually go up the wall, you need to land on your front wheel first when hitting the wall. The exact angle of your bike to get the perfect wallride, i dont know. If you try to do a wheelie while on the wallride you will exit the wallride, euther by bailing or flying away. Anyway, you weren't very scpecific when you asked for help with wallrides, so if this didnt help...

Ask SS

Offline OrangeW

• The unholy offspring of herp and derp itself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2015, 04:18:37 AM »
And when it comes to wallrides, the drill is pretty much the same, get a bump, land on the wall, go upwards. But in this case, in order to actually go up the wall, you need to land on your front wheel first when hitting the wall. The exact angle of your bike to get the perfect wallride, i dont know. If you try to do a wheelie while on the wallride you will exit the wallride, euther by bailing or flying away. Anyway, you weren't very scpecific when you asked for help with wallrides, so if this didnt help...

Ask SS

I believe it's 20 degrees.

Offline MxZz.

• Veteran Member
  • Nomad Union
    • View Profile
    • MY YT CHANNEL
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
SS/VaNilla could easy answer you about this

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 03:06:42 AM »
The best way to land a vertical wallride completely depends on the spot, which makes this is a difficult question to answer. The key is to know whether you want speed or grip. Speed is useful when scaling huge walls, and grip is useful when combining vertical wallrides with combos and precisions.

For speed, you need to bump and lean backwards at a 45 degree angle. Afterwards, you need to hold lean forwards as soon as you touch the wall. From there, you want to lean back as hard as you can, and start riding up the wall while pumping a glide motion on your back wheel. The combination of wheelie speed and gliding will allow you to gain as much speed as possible. At the precipice of the wall, lean forwards as far as you can to send yourself over the edge.

Now, if you want grip, you need to bump and hit the wall with your back wheel (100 degrees), then as soon as the back wheel touches the wall, you need to hold lean forwards. The back wheel contact essentially provides the "stick", and this position allows you to glide towards the wall while you lean forwards into it. Once both wheels are attached, this will allow you to maintain grip all the way up the wall. This will last until you run out of speed. The awesome thing about grip is that you can easily use it to change directions while climbing walls, and it's very simple to break contact with the wall. Take this knowledge and combine it with your imagination to land some creative stunts :ninja:.

Hopefully you guys found this information worthwhile. By understanding the logic behind wallrides, they no longer become about luck, and you can start expanding your horizons.

:Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted: :Disgusted:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:19:23 AM by VaNilla »

Offline LaserDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 01:06:57 PM »
Thank you for the advices ! Vanilla, your method works better on a specific bike ?

Offline VaNilla

• next week m9
  • Board Mods
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 07:54:20 AM »
Best super bike for speed is the Hakuchou, best super bike for grip is the Bati, best overall bike is the Enduro.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal