Author Topic: Stuck In Liberty  (Read 9533 times)

Offline Slim

• TMS Crew
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
My guess is that we will have an ''totally'' changed LC, and 2 or 3 other big cities.

(  )

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2007, 12:00:38 PM »
i recently read a small piece of interview which told that it is/will be Liberty City, NOT NY. i found it on our/Latvian biggest game portal, so the interview is in Latvian language, so if anyone knows any links to that interview, post them here.

«MÄ“s tajā burtiski dzÄ«vojam jau vairākus gadus,» viņš atzÄ«stas. Taču uzreiz atzÄ«mÄ“, ka tā noteikti nav Å…ujorka, kā uztraucās politiÄ·i. Tā ir vecā labā BrÄ«vÄ«bas pilsÄ“ta, kura Å…ujorku parodÄ“ jaunā detalizācijas pakāpÄ“. Un tā, ko visi bailÄ“s noturÄ“ja par BrÄ«vÄ«bas Statuju (Statue of Liberty), patiesÄ«bā ir Laimes Statuja (Statue of Happiness). Lieliski, viņi viennozÄ«mÄ«gi ir lÄ«menÄ«.

lengthening marks, ffs.

«We literally lived in it for several years,» he (president of R*) admited it. How ever he instantly notes that it is not NY, like politics worried. It's the good old Liberty City, which NY mock in a new detailed level. And that Statue of Liberty is actually the Statue Of Happiness. Excellently, they're at the same level.

I translated it -.-

The whole article should be in a journal or something, which R* allowed to test the GTA IV.  
If this is old, sorry.

Actually an interesting article, of course, the full one.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:02:57 PM by Crazy »

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
Yeah, you wanna discuss GTAIV you go to gtaforums.

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »
bump, found it http://www.gta4.net/news/index.php , it's the news where the picture of the magazine is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 01:04:02 PM by Crazy »

Offline ATenShun

• Veteran Member
  • Old Fart From Way Back (ShortStunter)
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2007, 09:06:51 PM »
not same old stunts in my opinon....think Physics...not gonna be like stuntable, only realistic stuff like a roll in a car off a ramp...so expect that to be a dissapointment if you think your going to do some 100 ft bumps, also I think it's like LC, but different year, and probably a lot more opened up so probably a lot more space to roam around in...plus I meen look...from the trailer I could barely recognize it until I seen the statue and Liberteen...just my peice of mind

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2007, 03:12:57 AM »
THERE WILL BE BIKES!

There are no planes in GTA IV because there is only one city, and Rockstar want the game to seem realistic. That means there will be no rollerblades, no unicycles, probably no jetpacks and indeed no planes. Rockstar are giving choice and variety which feels right for the character. However there will be motorbikes.

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19:20 AM »
With how lazy rockstar, there wont be roofs with collisions if no one is going to see them. Mabey we will get lucky. Or else we will have to add roofs when it comes to pc.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:21:04 AM by Ferσή »

Offline JayFoxRox

• View Profile
    • Homepage
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2007, 10:51:56 AM »
Feron: i m sure the roofs will have collisions
Crazy: Nope, the game would be forbidden if it had planes - it has good graphics and is realistic which could be kinda "training station" for terrorists - i m sure some ppl like thompson would say that

Offline Crazy

• Veteran Member
  • boc
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2007, 11:45:49 AM »
i said bikes, not planes.

Offline Krow+

• The Only Douchebag Allowed
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
Quote from: Valikai
Liberty City didn't have the Statue of Liberty. U R KEERRAZZYYY!
Thats called New York (I know I'm quoting the first page)

Just because it says Liberty City on the boat, I don't know why everyone is pissy about it. We can't even confirm that it's LC. The boat could be from LC, or maybe its all combined into one super mega huge map with all new stuffs and things  I think it's just... to early to be making judgement
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:28:55 PM by Krow »

Offline Glen1992

• View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2007, 07:44:10 AM »
The following is from gtagaming.com:

Here are the updated details to the May Game Informer preview:

* The protagonist's name is Niko Bellic. (Likely to be Crotian in origin)
* Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who claimed to be living a wonderful life there with two beautiful women, fifteen sports cars, and lots of money etc, but he was infact telling a lie in order to hide his own failures. Roman is the only person you know in Liberty City at the beginning of the game, and he becomes one of your major connections at the start. Niko is a tough character whereas Roman is friendly. Roman is heavily in debt and a lot of people are after him - he needs Niko's support. They are constantly bickering.
* Variations in the terrain cause realistic changes in the walking animation of Niko. The physics have also improved and character movements are more realistic.
* Multiplayer will exist, but it will be something that coincides with single-player and will not be an MMO.
* The MetLife building now bears the name Getalife, the Statue of Liberty is now the Statue of Happiness, and DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass) is called BOABO (Beneath the Offramp of the Algonquin Bridge Overpass).
* In Grand Theft Auto IV, Rockstar have recreated 4 of the 5 boroughs in New York, as well as part of New Jersey. Broker is the GTA IV equivalent of Brooklyn, Manhattan is now called Algonquin, Queens is now Dukes, the Bronx is Bohan, and New Jersey is Alderney.
* There is only one city. There may be motorcycles, but there will be no planes, rollerblades or unicycles, and I wouldn't expect jetpacks or Harriers. Rockstar wants the city to feel realistic and fit the style of the character.
* The city is almost as large as San Andreas, but will not have any useless space like countryside or desert. Every space will be cram-packed with detail.
* The city will be highly contrasted between daytime and nighttime.
* Freedom is emphasized. You continue to take orders from mission givers, but you are not forced to spend your time being a slave to them. You can go see who you want to, practically when you want to. You just call someone up and see if they are available.
* The story unfolds in a number of different ways. R* is giving people more freedom, more choice and more sense of control over their destiny - the structure of the storyline is quite different to previous games.
* Contacts will be called from your cell phone. Its LCD screen has options for Phonebook, Messages, Organizer and Camera. Niko's Phonebook has options such as: City Contact, Docks Friend, and Cab Contact. The cell phone will allow the player to call contacts instead of meeting them in person, which should make the player feel more independent.
* Game Informer playtested the Xbox 360 version. It is to be identical to the PS3 version except for episodic content.
* The voice talent for GTA IV will be less big names and more suited to the characters. The soundtrack will also be geared more towards the feel of the city and less focused on big names.
* The game will load once and then never again, and not even during interior transitions.
* It is implied that there will be greater emphasis on pedestrian AI, and they will come with all sorts of temperaments. They will also be seen doing realistic things like smoking a cigarette, reading a book, sitting on a bench, etc.
* You will also see a lot more of pedestrian criminals being arrested by the police.
* Rockstar have now spent over 3 years developing the game, and Dan Houser compares the leap from GTA III to GTA IV, to the leap from GTA to GTA III.

Sound intresting seems like its liberty city with quite a few twists.

Offline NoAPOlogies

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »
* You will also see a lot more of pedestrian criminals being arrested by the police.

I heard that before when SA came out.

Apec1_BF2

Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2007, 09:19:21 PM »
ITS CROATIAN! NOT CROTIAN!

Offline godamit

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 05:00:04 AM »
I'm pretty sure the guy's Serbian. Bellic (pronounced Bellich) seems more like a Serbian name (I'd know because I am Serbian), and Niko, I'd imagine to be short for Nikola, also a common Serbian name, if not, Niko is still sometimes used  
But still, Croatia and Serbia were both part of Former Yugoslavia

AdamH

Stuck In Liberty
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 09:14:20 AM »
The NEW LC is not the same as the old one, why would R* do that? Truth is, from gameinformer.com and a 360 magazine that its set in an expanded, new liberty city set in 2007...

So stop complaining

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal