Author Topic: JINX - The Best of Grescha  (Read 19989 times)

Offline BlackTear

• View Profile
Re: JINX - The Best of Grescha
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2015, 12:15:52 PM »
You are definitely one of the few SA stunters that reached to master and fully understand this engine, thanks for this awesome video :)

he hasnt mastered the engine with nrg yet  :cc_detective:
beautiful video, the stunts didnt have the wow effect they would have had if they were unreleased of course, but except a few fillers which were not on YOUR top level there is possibly no way to do better stuff with cabbie and infernus. i dont like infernus stunts as much as i do love great nrg-stuff, so there might be another best of in the future which is able to top this one here (even though i dont know somebody who landed as much stuff as you) , atleast for me and my own taste ;) i am just bad at infy stuff

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:18:48 PM by BlackTear »

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2015, 02:20:45 PM »
Fantastic video with lots of groundbreaking and technical stuff. Some of your stunts are so hard I can't imagine how you managed to land them seriously. You must have put a lot of effort into stunting and you've pulled out some of the most shocking stunts ever done, props on that. The editing was quite good however I didn't like the songs too much.
All in all a really outstanding video, you will be missed from here for sure, good luck in real life man!  :)

Offline Mewka

• Veteran Member
  • Hi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »
AMAZING best of video. You are my fav car stunter from 2010/14 stunting era :) It's impossible to pick which stunts are better here, I love all your infernus stuff, cabbie precisions are fucking impressive too and that nrg wallride to precision was cute.  It's awesome how this video has got like half or more of your stunts in general and still is in so high level. It was good to have you in SS back in 2010/11 and it's good to see you even improved through the years.

Farewell Andreas, my friend. I hope to see you back some day. :)

Offline Mutator96v

• I liek teh stuntz
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:02 AM »
Did you use hydraulics ?

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2015, 08:32:55 AM »
GODLIKE. :euro:

Offline Nikedj

• Veteran Member
  • Melk met een koekje
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2015, 09:10:20 AM »
Amazing video all around , can't really say too much about it as it is already self explanatory , beast best of , it's in the ranks with "Ocean of Notion" and "Watch this too".
You always motivated me to go and stunt whenever I watched your stunts :euro:

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2015, 05:19:37 PM »
YOU KING!
(random thought while watching: "How is he gonna pick a finisher"?)

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2015, 04:06:07 AM »
YOU KING!
(random thought while watching: "How is he gonna pick a finisher"?)
:lol: :lol:

Offline Squeak

• Forbidden Element
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2015, 06:32:34 AM »
not bad, but i can do better

Offline Viper

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2015, 07:29:56 PM »
This is so fucking cool! That taxi stunt at the Flint County bridge made me laugh hysterically (in a good way)...I didn't see it coming! Hope Grescha sticks around these forums and eventually returns to GTA. Invaluable creativity! People can learn from him.

Offline Vasque

• Illex
  • Meh Deserve to be RAT-TARDED
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2015, 02:11:17 AM »
Monster!!!  ;D

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2015, 07:45:59 AM »
Did you use hydraulics ?

He didn't man :cc_detective:

Offline grescha

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2015, 08:51:49 AM »
There might have been some hydraulics involved.. possibly some nitro as well   :rolleyes:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2015, 02:05:33 PM »
The master of car stunting
fresh ideas and executions all over the place :euro: really enjoyed it
your kickin ass

Offline ~ Đάмﮖтзя ~

• Veteran Member
  • somtink
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
I watched it just now so sorry for the late reply.

First of all, I would like to say that I always liked your stunts and I always though you were one of the best "newer" stunters out there, if not one of the "all-time" best stunters. Therefore, I was really hyped for the incoming experience.

I was dissapointed for a few reasons.

First, the editing and the music choice was nothing too special in my opinion. Music is one of the most important sources of enjoyment (at least for me) and if you remember, back in the time, all those "legendary" videos had a very specific soundtrack. TMS videos, DC best of, Kaneda & Darkness etc. I know that music tastes differ, but you chose a way too plain music for the video in my opinion. It'd be a better choice to use something older and known, rather than this type of music, it doesn't make the video, it's just music behind the stunts. The editing wasn't bad, not at all, but it wasn't anything amazing either. I'm not saying you have to put shitload of effects into the video, but for a best of, it was rather plain. But that would've been alright if the music was good enough to carry it. The only "specific" music was the third song, that was a good choice. Also the editing got slightly better. Third part definitely most enjoyable.

Secondly, the lenght. It's a best of, I know you landed shitload of good stunts and wanted to include a lot of them, I know it is hard, but bands don't put 50 songs in their best of's either. It's much more enjoyable if you only put the very best stunts in, spend some time choosing the best and the video is long enough for one (two if necessary) songs. Which is about 4-6 minutes of pure stunting time, not including credits & intro. It was so long I actually had to make a pause in the middle because I got bored.

Now the stunts. Wow, that was the best part. You are an amazing stunter and every single stunt in the video was good. Some were better, some were not "best of material" but still good, some were astounishing. The poor choice of the first finisher was made up with the second finisher, what a great stunt. If only you put the "wow" stunts in a best of, made it 5 minutes. I wish. Why man, whyyy :(

That's pretty much everything for me. The video didn't have a specific atmosphere, it didn't have the "feel" and definitely didn't use the amazing potential it had. It barely stratched the possible potential of a best of someone this inspirative. It's a good video, don't get me wrong, but I will most likely not rewatch it, not just because of the insane lenght. I rewatch WH crew videos from time to time, I reward TMS, SS videos. This video didn't live up to it's potential and I'm very sad because I was looking forward to this and you are one of my favorite stunters.

Rating:

Edit: 7/10
Music: 4/10
Stunts: 10/10

Overall: 7/10.

e/ some typos

e2/  I read what you said in the first post of this topic and if you exclusively wanted it to be this long, that's fine by me. My opinion doesn't change though, I can't help myself but got bored because of that. The main thing is that you are satisfied though and it's just an opinion of one of the forum members.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:47:12 PM by ~ Đάмﮖтзя ~ »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal