Author Topic: Round 1: Daffy Vs. GDL  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
Round 1: Daffy Vs. GDL
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
Challenge: Best stoppie to grind in Los Santos.

Due Date: Wednesday, 10 am PST.

Have fun!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:22:27 AM by Laketown »

Offline GDL

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Round 1: Daffy Vs. GDL
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ni3svy

posting my rep in case I sleep whole day tomorrow  :)
I think Shifftee is editing it. Good luck Daffy : >

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:56:51 PM »
SAIVCSL 2 - [GDL] vs Daffy

Good luck boys!  :euro:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 03:38:30 PM »
Nibiru opener?  :hmm: Grind was smooth anyway, actually the grind was perfect  :L So straight! D=

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 12:19:12 PM »
I'm respectfully forfeiting this one, the idea of bailing on purpose goes against everything stunting is about as we always aim to not bail.
I simply cannot enjoy trying a stunt knowing I have to aim for not completing the stunt as it should be performed and therefor refuse to make any attempts to forcing myself to it.
If I knew there was going to be idiotic challenges like this I would not have signed up for the league in the first place, it's better to use a good challenge twice.
And the decision was not made out of prejudice, I did open the game and look for ways to do a bail in a way that aids the stunt (like Dannye's bail out of the taxi in Trial By Fire or Kingjad VC stadium sign precision) rather than degrading it but all I could think of was either not appealing or use concepts.

Good luck in your future matches GDL and I'm sorry that I did not submit but I simply can't/won't force myself to with these kind of challenges.

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
i agree with daffy the challenge is for loosers' round

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 12:31:33 PM »
I'm sorry you feel this way daffy, but as I said in the rules, this stunt league is not about serious stunting. If you feel that you can't actually do something, then, well, you need to not take stunting so seriously (especially this).

and bixel there is no losers round

Offline GDL

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 01:16:17 PM »
I'm pretty sad that I win like this, but I totally understand your point.

If the judges and you (Daffy) agree, I'd suggest redoing this match with a different objective   :unsure:

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 01:51:23 PM »
yeah, redo another stunt and mess with the timing of the league even more  :rolleyes: If daffy feels that I came up with horrible challenges then obviously he would rather not be in the league.

also daffy, why so uncreative

Offline Noah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 01:53:52 PM »
I'm respectfully forfeiting this one, the idea of bailing on purpose goes against everything stunting is about as we always aim to not bail.
I simply cannot enjoy trying a stunt knowing I have to aim for not completing the stunt as it should be performed and therefor refuse to make any attempts to forcing myself to it.
If I knew there was going to be idiotic challenges like this I would not have signed up for the league in the first place, it's better to use a good challenge twice.
And the decision was not made out of prejudice, I did open the game and look for ways to do a bail in a way that aids the stunt (like Dannye's bail out of the taxi in Trial By Fire or Kingjad VC stadium sign precision) rather than degrading it but all I could think of was either not appealing or use concepts.

Good luck in your future matches GDL and I'm sorry that I did not submit but I simply can't/won't force myself to with these kind of challenges.
Dramaqueen.

Offline BG hitman

• Veteran Member
  • Zali-san
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 03:29:19 AM »
congrats GDL  :P

Offline Daffy

• V.I.P. Member
  • WH & NU Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 08:01:15 AM »
yeah, redo another stunt and mess with the timing of the league even more  :rolleyes: If daffy feels that I came up with horrible challenges then obviously he would rather not be in the league.

also daffy, why so uncreative
I haven't checked the other challenges but this one was overwhelmingly unappealing, I've been given challenges that has caught me off guard to say the least previously but adapted to and made good use of, this one was too far away from what I guess could be my comfort zone, especially with a time limit so short as some of us enjoys going out in the weekends.
I tried a spot where I would almost certainly bail at the end but trying the stunt with that in mind took away all motivation.

Also hangovers tends to have a handicap on creativity.

If the judges and you (Daffy) agree, I'd suggest redoing this match with a different objective   :unsure:
I'd be up for it if the judges are (I'd ask you but you obviously are) up for it.
If the next round is going to kick off next weekend may I suggest we have a two day match during the week so the stunting and the voting gets done in due time?

Dramaqueen.
I beg to differ, I could have said "Fuck this league, you and your shitty challenges" and the term would have been a suitable one but I for one think I think I posted my opinion and thoughts without stepping on too many toes, if you want to create a drama out of that then the blame is yours and yours alone and not mine to share.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:05:03 AM by Daffy »

Offline Bixel

• Veteran Member
  • DSS Crew
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:09:34 AM »
Sweet said that maches when maches will be held like 2 week before that.You cant complain about that.

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 08:22:00 AM »
ugh fine you got your damn challenge

Offline Laketown

• Board Mods
  • the impostress
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:00 AM »
and next time, Daffy, if you don't like a stunt don't wait until the day before to say so. I would have changed it with minimal fuss if you had gotten to me on the day the challenge was issued. and my day, not yours

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal