Author Topic: Freeplay  (Read 101558 times)

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
  • Defenestration penetration.
    • View Profile
Re: Freeplay
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »
What's new feature in 3.1 ? how to use it ?
Download it and check the change logs if he added any. I like your avatar/sigs by the way.

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Ya , I'm Fan of Dragon Ball and Japan Anime  :lol:

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:15 AM »
Hi Dannye, thanks for all the awesome work on Freeplay :).  I have a quick question though - Freeplay doesn't seem to work at all for me on my PC, and I have no idea why.  I have tried opening VC and the FP, and vice versa to no avail.  Would running 64bit Windows have anything to do with it?  Even the debug mode doesn't appear to be coming up.

And finally...any plans to make Freeplay open source?  :wub:
Any luck with the compatibility and/or 'run as administrator' options? I have 64 bit Windows 7, and although it doesn't seem to work as perfectly as it used to, I can get running and functioning without problems (I think I do the latter of those two options - I set it to Run as Administrator).

Regarding releasing the source, yes I would like to do that. I had thought it might be neat to release the source for Freeplay and the USCM (less important admittedly, since it can be easily decompiled - but my original sources would include meaningful label/variable names, and inline comments) in one big bundle when I did a 'best of' video or something. Considering I've had in mind to do that video for over two years and nothing has happened, perhaps I should just go ahead with the other part of the plan :P

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2012, 05:48:08 PM »
New version is here, again just a single addition, but a pretty cool one.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22784305/VC_Freeplay_v3_2_zip

What it adds:
- Previously you could use keys to move the camera when it was frozen with the 'freeze camera' functions. Now those same keys also work, and do the same thing, when the camera is in a 'cinematic' mode. Now you can move the camera while letting the game take care of the hard part of always having it perfectly aimed at the player.

Notes:
- This is designed to work hand-in-hand with the 'choose your own cinematic angle' function which was included in the last release.

Anything Else:
- First post has been updated with the new link and info
- Sorry SA fans, again this is an update for just the VC version
- Only tested on my 64bit Windows 7 machine... hopefully no-one encounters any problems. Let me know if you do!
- On my machine, I still had to do the usual 'compatibility' stuff (run as admin, run in xp sp3) to get it working.

--- The Quirks of VC's Cinematic Camera ---

99% of the time a 'Cinematic Camera' is a camera frozen in a random position which automatically aims itself at the player. Cool, yes? However, occasionally it instead may take the form of a camera 'attached at an offest' to the players vehicle (near the left-side mirror/door), and wont aim itself anywhere except forward, and will move with the vehicle. Cool, kinda, but very damn different! Lets refer to this as the 'dodgy' mode for now...

When in this dodgy mode the new functionality of this Freeplay, which lets you move the camera position, will not work. Now that makes sense, it's designed for the other 99% much cooler cinematic camera mode of operation. However, sometimes this dodgy mode is hard to avoid. For example, whenever you first enter into a Cinematic Camera you almost always start in this dodgy mode. That's where 'Force Cinematic Change' comes in handy I suppose.

This ugly problem rears its head even more when trying to use the 'choose your own cinematic angle' function. Pressing F12 to do it should automatically enable Cinematic Camera at your current position, however our dodgy mode really likes to try and ruin our fun. I'd love to make some changes to the code of Freeplay itself to alleviate this problem, but until I can, here's a quick runthrough of what I'd often find myself doing when filming What Kind of Day Has It Been when I wanted a 'custom cinematic':
  • Get the camera exactly where I wanna enable a 'custom cinematic' at. "Save" (PageUp key) this position.
  • Get yourself into the 'cinematic' mode normally (eg. unfreeze camera, then 5 key), and in doing so you are almost always placed in the dodgy mode, so use "Force Change" (d key) to get to a normal cinematic mode *
  • Now "Load" (PageDown key) your perfect position, and press the magic F12 and hopefully you'll be good!

* This step is the key. Do the 'freeze game but not camera' to give you time if needed. Note: Its possible to find yourself pressing D and the game cannot escape dodgy mode, if this happens it may be because the vehicle is in a tight space. In this case you'll need to try D-ing earlier or later in the replay until you can find a spot where it'll escape. This step needs to take place in the same viewing of the replay you are trying step 3 on (step 1 could be on a different prior viewing if desired/easeier)

Best of luck!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:09:00 PM by Dannye »

JL

« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »
i love and thank you for this soooooooooo mcuh :wub:

have a good one!

Offline D.JacK

• View Profile
    • My youtube Channel
« Reply #185 on: December 25, 2012, 08:10:45 PM »
BIG THX!!!
And I can't download it from Game Front,can someone upload to the else place please?:rolleyes:

Offline Shingetsu

• The Dark Matter
  • Veteran Member
  • Azurex Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
BIG THX!!!
And I can't download it from Game Front,can someone upload to the else place please?:rolleyes:
Just fake ip to other country and you can download from gamefront
here  : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79775552/VC_Freeplay_v3.2.zip
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 08:21:28 PM by Shadow Dragon »

Offline D.JacK

• View Profile
    • My youtube Channel
« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
BIG THX!!!
Just fake ip to other country and you can download from gamefront

also here  : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/79775552/VC_Freeplay_v3.2.zip
thanks a lot for resolve and upload!!!  :jajaja:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2012, 02:11:23 AM »
Sweet, I'll be fucking around with this for a while. Thanks, Dannye. :happy:

Offline Ltab-

• WH Crew
  • escrachado
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:02 AM »
Thanks once more man. you freaking rock. Keep owning :wub:

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
Awesome dannye, really respect you for this, gunna muck around with the new feature and see what happens  :cc_detective:

Offline A maid

• Creator of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2012, 05:19:50 AM »
Dannye, question: will you ever release a new version for SA's Freeplay? There's a ton of functions that I (or everyone else here for that matter) would love to have which only VC has right now.

Offline [iG]Trix

• Stunting Is LIFE
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2012, 03:51:33 PM »
Naise :P

Offline Mati

• Dr. Dre
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 01, 2013, 10:31:55 AM »
Please Dannye do update for GTA SA Version. VC Freeplay is amazing  :ajaja: GOOD WORK !

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »
Quick note (re VC version): I have discovered a nasty bug that appears to have existed for ages. Long story short -> don't use "freeze replay" (the one where you can still do camera stuff) + "freeze camera" + then use the mouse to change the direction of the camera while frozen. Even with all that stuff it may not crash straight away, but things start to get wonky. No idea how I'll fix it. (For now, if you're going to do something along those lines, unfreeze the replay before unfreezing the camera, or don't do the mouse move)

Re the SA requests: Sorry guys, I generally don't find myself working on Freeplay at all anymore (with the exception of the past few weeks, I hadn't touched it in ages). It would be nice to have feature parity with the VC version, but its not easy (my preference for VC combined with the fact that implementing a feature in one game doesn't necessarily make implementing it in the other game any easier). I would like to at least add some of the stuff to the SA one. If I continue with my rewrite of the VC Freeplay source into doing the same for the SA one too, perhaps I can look at some missing functions that wouldn't be too difficult to add. We'll see.

All that said, the point of the current rewrite I'm doing is to improve the source ready for public release, so who knows, perhaps someone else will be able to start making additions/fixes to the VC and/or SA Freeplays for us!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:21:19 PM by Dannye »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal