Author Topic: [REL] GTA United 1.2  (Read 57816 times)

Offline ExRer

• Veteran Member
  • Biggest Hard Drum&Bass fan on this forum
    • View Profile
    • SOUNDCLOUD
Re: [REL] GTA United 1.2
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
This can be more friendly for stunting.

Offline ATP

• GTA United 1.2 Developer
    • View Profile
    • ATP's Page
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2012, 01:07:02 PM »
Crashes when the loading screen starts, tried both xp and win7. I tried replacing the scripts with vc2sa, tried multiple gta_sa.exe's, all with the same result.
When you get an crash right when the loading screen starts, your gta_sa.exe is not patched properly.

Get one of this exe versions:
US 1.0 (size 14 383 616 bytes) or EU 1.0 (size 14 386 176 bytes)

And make sure you run patch_gta_sa.bat before starting the game for the first time!

For more help, look here: http://atpspage.com/pages/grand-theft-auto-united-1.2/faq-support/faq---resolving-bugs.php

Offline LiveLife

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »
Btw, is Windows 8 a problem?

I now can confirm that Windows 8 should run United 1.2 aswell, there was someone on forums who installed it on Windows 8 and didn't encountered any problems.

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2012, 06:08:20 PM »
So I'm using ICy's Cleo USCM and the game crashes when I try to add NOS&Hydraulics. Got a clue why? United 1.2 is the only mod where it doesn't work (I'm not the only one with this problem btw).
Everything else works great and I have to say that you guys did an amazing job with 1.2, I always prefered United over the standard SA. :happy:

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
It didn't work for me at first but then I replaced the original scripts with the ones used in vc2sa and I can enter the game right now. The map is great. It's really nice to see all the roofs fixed. Thanks for your efforts!
Can you tell us what exactly you replaced with what?
The two script files in data/script.
But thats not good, because the new main.scm contains all the new features.
So what exactly means "It didn't work"? Please provide more details, such as where it crashed etc.

After having finished loading the game and the screen went black.

Offline Reynard The Fox

• Reynolds
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:48 AM »
So I'm using ICy's Cleo USCM and the game crashes when I try to add NOS&Hydraulics. Got a clue why? United 1.2 is the only mod where it doesn't work (I'm not the only one with this problem btw).
Everything else works great and I have to say that you guys did an amazing job with 1.2, I always prefered United over the standard SA. :happy:
You also can't remember any cars(radio+handbrake) because of that irritating radio interface.

Offline Gryzlek

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 08:21:31 AM »
You also can't remember any cars(radio+handbrake) because of that irritating radio interface.
It doesn't work, yet the cars won't disappear, even if you go really far away.

Offline ATP

• View Profile
    • ATP's Page
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 09:20:06 AM »
I don't know that script, but probably it uses some object IDs that are not available in United 1.2.

We as developers give no guarantee, that third party mods that have been created for the original SA will work properly with United 1.2. That is simply logical, because United 1.2 made various changes on the exe, the script and the ID layout necessary, so third party mods conceivably can't access stuff they maybe need.

It didn't work for me at first but then I replaced the original scripts with the ones used in vc2sa and I can enter the game right now. The map is great. It's really nice to see all the roofs fixed. Thanks for your efforts!
So what exactly means "It didn't work"? Please provide more details, such as where it crashed etc.

You sure, you started a new game?
You got any error message while starting up the game?
How big is you exe (exact bytes).

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »

Can you make those 2 files available here?

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:48 PM »
@ATP New game. No error before. I could even go back to my desktop then go back to the game menu but it just went black again when I pressed ESC.

@dragun http://www.sendspace.com/file/0oliru

I use both this and icy's cleo btw.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 08:09:12 PM »
Thank you very much FTO. The first time I got the game to work, icy's cleo mod was working too. But after I quit the game it never worked again. Gonna try with this now.

EDIT: Still crashes halfway thru loading.

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 11:13:29 PM »
Try to set the exe compatible to windows 98/me.

@ATP, my exe is 14,604,963 bytes big.

Offline __JREN

• Beyond Tomorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »
Try to set the exe compatible to windows 98/me.

@ATP, my exe is 14,604,963 bytes big.
Fuck, same as me D:

Offline Sava

• Veteran Member
  • me tbh
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »

:lol:

Offline ATP

• View Profile
    • ATP's Page
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2012, 11:55:46 AM »
@ATP New game. No error before. I could even go back to my desktop then go back to the game menu but it just went black again when I pressed ESC.
So you use an unmodified United 1.2?

If you change something on your United 1.2, it is very hard to give support... so please, only use unmodified versions of United 1.2.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal