Poll

Should .dff modding be allowed in stunting?

Yes please.
18 (45%)
No, go to hell.
14 (35%)
huh?
8 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: .dff Modding  (Read 10663 times)

Offline finallight

• View Profile
    • vids
.dff Modding
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
Quote from: Eric240
...I say let people choose to replace the DFF model of the car, doesnt mean that YOU have to use it though...it's not like were forcing you to, but this is just a small suggestion in which you can participate to give us some of the 3D modelers in this site a bit of work to do wiht their modeling skills...it's just going to waste talent which only a few of us have, I say yes, again and again...those are my reasons...

Actually, you kinda are forcing it upon us. This poll is trying to get us to make .DFF modding "stunt legal." You could just go ahead and mod the .DFF. The only thing is that you'd have to put it in the modded video section. We're not stopping you from modding the .DFF, we're just stopping you from posting it in the unmodded video section.

Offline JayFoxRox

• View Profile
    • Homepage
.dff Modding
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »
OlDsQl

Ppl will change col and distance betweens wheels without knowing that this changes the handling.

When using DFF mods they should post in modded section.

(Removing license plate or sthin in DFF sounds ok to me but i still dont like it)

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 11:55:20 AM »
I have mixed feelings on this issue.

I know you can add a dff and have the vehicle behave the exact same way it did before (by not changing the dummies, col and handling), but I think people should stunt with the originals. I say it would be cool as hell to use a car like eric showed in his post (the lambo) for an intro, i know I used one for RP 14 (i think it was).

Well I say...let people use it for intros and such and allowing it to post it in the Unmodded section, but to actually stunt with them?....I don't think the community would like that very much, which is sad.

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 11:59:58 AM »
Gonna have to go with no also. Half the vehicle mods out there come with some type of handling lines you need to changes. Plus I'm a purist, I don't use a trainer, a teleporter or a stunter friendly SCM. If it wasn't for Spoosh to spawn vehicles I'd still have to run back to the garage all the time.  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:01:14 PM by Neo Anderson »

Offline Nitzkit

• View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 12:25:29 PM »
You are insane is what you are....

Offline Torque

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 12:33:23 PM »
so everytime you fuck up a stunt you drive back to the run-up.....

may god have mercy on your soul

Offline Ghost

• call me mr bedrock I can make your flinstone
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2006, 12:47:19 PM »
I say yes. but under one condition, we be careful when we do it, I mean its only a game, if you can't be trusted at something as miniscule as that god knows what we can.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://
.dff Modding
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:08 PM »
Quote from: Neo Anderson
Gonna have to go with no also. Half the vehicle mods out there come with some type of handling lines you need to changes. Plus I'm a purist, I don't use a trainer, a teleporter or a stunter friendly SCM. If it wasn't for Spoosh to spawn vehicles I'd still have to run back to the garage all the time.  

but the beautiful thing is....you dont need to, there's a million things you can do to a vehicle these days, keep it stunter friendly by just changing the way the car looks, the .dff plays a pretty big part in that, also all of the vehicles that you download have something to replace, which means the DFF has been modeled AFTER another car in Vice, S.A or whatever. so most of the time, the dummies arent changed at all...also people say the .col file changes some things, while that maybe true, car modelers out there are too lazy these days to make a col file...hell some of them are even too lazy to make some new carcols...so why should you really worry about this, It's because some people are so used to it, they think it's bad, it's just changing the way a car looks, the DFF plays a pretty big role on that as I said before. you dont have to change it's internals, all some people want is something that moves and acts like the original car right? the handling and everything else is pretty much optional. Besides this is just for fun right? why should we have rules on fun eh? it's not like were getting paid for this anyway, I think you should let people do whatever they want...it's just a hobby you know  Why not do it like it was before "Vice City Public Videos Releases" or "San Andreas Public Video Releases"...it's kinda like...video racism  Who cares if it's modded, as long as they tell in the end what mods they used, it shouldnt matter...like I said, it's just for fun right?

Offline BurnoutLS13

• View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »
that was beautiful eric  

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2006, 07:37:35 PM »
Thanks Edd...and now on other news, my wireless mouse and keyboard are broken! :yay!:.......not

Offline BurnoutLS13

• View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 07:39:26 PM »
that cant be good...get on AIM man im too lazy to click MSN (once you get it working that is)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:41:17 PM by BurnoutLS13 »

Offline Sabotage

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 08:45:20 PM »
huh?

Offline Ferσή

• Wasteland Heroes
  • suck a cheetahs dick
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Eric if you were more into stunting, like the rest of us, I think you would have a differnt perspective on what you say.

Offline Eric

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2006, 10:25:33 AM »
Quote from: Feron
Eric if you were more into stunting, like the rest of us, I think you would have a differnt perspective on what you say.

Well I guess i'm not since i'm the only one having fun with my game  

Offline Der_Meister

• View Profile
.dff Modding
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »
I think yes and no lol .. but for the most part no ... I think that .dff modding should be left to the themed vids and stuff like them IMO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal