Author Topic: ...VULTURES...  (Read 6278 times)

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
Re: ...VULTURES...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2021, 02:06:05 AM »
I Will watch it in a second but the problem i always had with mods like that is that they have no feeling to them. I have no emotional attachment to any of the structures, infrastructure nor the enviorment. When you watch a typical VC stunt video you can easily tell the location and what it invokes in terms of VC story line as Well as count less hours spent roaming through the city. And finding spots no one have found before you is a huge element of what makes stunting fun for me anyways. Lack of spots combined with creative use of said lacking space is a huge part of fun stunting provides.

E: nice edit. I loved the taxi2vent stunt. Was the vent any functinal or just made for stunts?

This put my feelings towards mapmods in a very nice way. I fully agree that for all these map mods the lack of experience in the map just removes a large chunk of the impact of stunts. What makes the issue worse is that most map mods just have a bunch of buildings slapped together, with very little in terms of detailed environments like you would see on e.g. the roofs in the Downtown area in VC, or the industrial section on the third island in LC. Basically, little patches of the game that have so many little details in terms of nooks and crannies that are worth exploring for finding new stunts or modifying old spots into nice combos

That said, this video had some very nice stunts and a mad amount of bonus points for having so many landings where the vehicles only *just* makes it onto the roof. I've had a couple of spots where I spent the effort to reland them in a way that adds a bit of style of this type, and I know others who would reland a stunt if they clear the roof by a large margin to give it a bit more of a feeling that the stunt is a tight one. Also, there were some very nice ideas with what appeared to be a rather lackluster map (again, the issue with most mapmods). I also loved the taxi vent precision, you know it's coming when you see the stunt but these types of stunts just look so fucking sweet. All in all a very enjoyable watch!

(PS: it'd be nice if someone would rehash a bunch of VC/LC/SAiVC buildings into a nice mapmod that doesn't look like a bunch of randomly thrown together buildings, maybe that'd make for an enticing mapmod to explore...)

Offline -VLD-

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2021, 02:37:40 AM »
Nice map, great stunts.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2021, 03:11:19 AM »
I Will watch it in a second but the problem i always had with mods like that is that they have no feeling to them. I have no emotional attachment to any of the structures, infrastructure nor the enviorment. When you watch a typical VC stunt video you can easily tell the location and what it invokes in terms of VC story line as Well as count less hours spent roaming through the city. And finding spots no one have found before you is a huge element of what makes stunting fun for me anyways. Lack of spots combined with creative use of said lacking space is a huge part of fun stunting provides.

E: nice edit. I loved the taxi2vent stunt. Was the vent any functinal or just made for stunts?

Although I very much understand where you're coming from in terms of the feeling of seeing stunts in a familiar city.

But not once in my ...15 years stunting has a stunt ever invoked anything from the VC storyline in my head :D

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2021, 03:36:18 AM »
I'm glad I made Aries land something for this :mellow:

Seeing all the video reactions, I think I'll make one aswell soon! Also thanks Jason for the YT upload

Offline PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2021, 04:40:22 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_petU9y1o

just woke up, I'm not showing you my awesome morning hair

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2021, 05:12:28 AM »
Nice man! Short and in your face intro. It looked amazing how you started that opener with a Krail and began than with the radding  :jajaja:. TurBo‘s Taxi Boost into that hole in one was my favorite. Also those huge p2b‘s by Rainbow, FIGHTER, Krypton and so on were stunning. I liked also how you recorded FIGHTERS p2b on 3:15 with that angle and his execution. That looked amazing.

Missed a video with so much high air stunts in it. Everybody did great. Oh I forgot to mention Max‘s tankbump was really nice. I wondered how Aries would drop in this video and then bäääääääääämmm he came with a bsm  ;D :lol:. I missed some purple/pink nametag on his stunt though  :P also on the other because some stunters have new skins I couldn‘t recognise. Great video!

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2021, 05:36:38 AM »
Gnarly!

Really dig the map atmosphere and the work put into stunts/editing.

Personally never played Carmaggedon but I might as well go and try it out someday thanks to this video.

Offline Sport

• Veteran Member
  • I love fat cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2021, 06:02:41 AM »
I love these big air stunts. I don't really like music but it's ok. It would also be easier for me to understand who land the stunts, because I don't remember the skins of all the stunters  :(. But anyway nice vid guys.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 06:10:52 AM by Sport »

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Y09JWLt7o&feature=youtu.be

Turned out stupendous man, a classic Haywire video ;D

I didnt say it in the reaction but, them camera angles though.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 07:27:06 AM by Krypton »

Offline Neotec

•  
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2021, 09:00:35 AM »
great editing and stunts

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »
I demand more Joe live reactions!

About map mods; I'm super impressed how great stunts people landed for this in such a short notice (at least for me, I asked download link like 2 weeks ago)
I even tried some of the landed stunts here and there or thought about them, so its great stunters share the same scheme.
Editing was great, fast phased and music fitted perfectly! Love to see more from upcoming video.

I wanted to try some rhino stuff, but doors were locked lol. I guess it's TurBo who finally landed that vent, well done.
Would love to make live reaction someday, but I don't have webcam :(
edit: Gotta manage somehow with phonecamera next time
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 11:35:33 AM by Sheep »

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2021, 11:25:51 AM »

Online AllBeast

• pro stunter
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2021, 09:13:56 PM »
for good people, who don't need all that shit, which was in that map mod
fixed some textures and other things
also used default lc handling, not modded one, which was included to map mod

link to download only 21.5 mb
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sx4g8bu2u0a8s9n/GTA_Beaver_City_Good_Edition.7z/file

P.S.
Next time don't forget to call your beast friend to collab
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 09:37:46 PM by AllBeast »

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2021, 10:06:19 PM »
Hahahaha, fuck you dude. Yeah I'll have to invite you. But only if you can prove you're as hardcore of a stunter as I am!

Offline Blaze

• USS Crew
    • View Profile
    • Bike Gallery
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2021, 04:24:49 AM »
I guess were all doing video reviews now :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzHjn3bBt88

fuck i didnt realise volume was so low, my bad
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 07:58:39 AM by Blaze »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal