Author Topic: Mehmet & Silw - Midnight City  (Read 6672 times)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mehmet & Silw - Midnight City
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2021, 01:34:23 AM »
Awesome video guys! I loved the style of it - the intro/outro, screen filters, colours, time-of-day choice, music, it all went together so well. Stunts were great, with so many sweet grinds! I also have to shout-out to that quick shot of the moon changing colour in time to the music, that was perfect.

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2021, 03:39:56 AM »

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2021, 03:51:32 AM »
Cheers mate. Also your stunt isn't lame... cause years ago I did it too teehee

Offline Diaz

• Veteran Member
  • WH
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2021, 12:21:46 PM »
This turned out great. Cool stunts and ideas all around and your editing was superb, Silw, like you have been doing this for ages  :P The vibe and the overall atmopshere of the video was just amazing. I also liked the outro; cruising on the beach with that BF injection + that iconic song in radio Espantoso  :lol:

Offline ARS

• Veteran Member
  • Natural's the best way.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2021, 11:16:49 AM »
fan of retro aesthetics too, loved the editing much, well done!
stunting was just relaxing and freestylish, both were great, gj guys!

Offline kaneda

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2021, 10:08:42 PM »
Like everyone - love the retro vibe in this vid. How a vid done in VC (primarily) hasn't before adopted that retro look is beyond me. There may have been one that I missed, but that's the first one I can remember seeing. The inrto made me feel like I was watching the non-existent Vice City 80s TV show - so basically Miami Vice.

The stunts also had a bit of a retro vibe to them. It reminded me of old school vids like Miss This and Torn. Quite a number of blatantly obvious ideas that have somehow escaped everyone else for years. I love it when a stunt makes me think 'well, why the fuck didn't I think of that?'. Nice to see also that ugly terrain is not always a roadblock to a neat stunt - although it CAN be a pain. Oh, and screw you Matt - I was looking for what was possible at that construction site wall and you just stomped all over that  :P

Music choices married into the overall mood of the vid perfectly. However, the closing credit choice made me feel like I was trapped inside the Ocean Beach Hotel again - soooo much time spent with THAT particular track stuck in my brain.

Lovely work, guys. While I love a vid with a lot of polish, I equally love those with a more laid back approach.

Offline The Big V

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 01:02:41 AM »
Great watch, loved the flow and editing of the video. Some neat ideas stunting wise, both did good + the guest

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2021, 05:46:25 AM »
Like everyone - love the retro vibe in this vid. How a vid done in VC (primarily) hasn't before adopted that retro look is beyond me. There may have been one that I missed, but that's the first one I can remember seeing. The inrto made me feel like I was watching the non-existent Vice City 80s TV show - so basically Miami Vice.

The stunts also had a bit of a retro vibe to them. It reminded me of old school vids like Miss This and Torn. Quite a number of blatantly obvious ideas that have somehow escaped everyone else for years. I love it when a stunt makes me think 'well, why the fuck didn't I think of that?'. Nice to see also that ugly terrain is not always a roadblock to a neat stunt - although it CAN be a pain. Oh, and screw you Matt - I was looking for what was possible at that construction site wall and you just stomped all over that  :P

Music choices married into the overall mood of the vid perfectly. However, the closing credit choice made me feel like I was trapped inside the Ocean Beach Hotel again - soooo much time spent with THAT particular track stuck in my brain.

Lovely work, guys. While I love a vid with a lot of polish, I equally love those with a more laid back approach.

Thanks for the review Kan, by stomped all over that spot, you mean I shit all over it right? Only other option from that spot I could think of was to stoppie the landing and end up in the back of a barracks or something. It sucks cus theres nice height and stuff but nothing to land on!

Offline Silw

• Board Mods
  • I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2021, 06:20:39 AM »

Thanks for the review Kan, by stomped all over that spot, you mean I shit all over it right? Only other option from that spot I could think of was to stoppie the landing and end up in the back of a barracks or something. It sucks cus theres nice height and stuff but nothing to land on!

Thanks for the nice commenta so far guys! I had the idea to try a ledge grind on the platform there Aries,  maybe give it a shot and look how it goes!

Offline Aries

• V.I.P. Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2021, 07:47:08 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments so far guys! I had the idea to try a ledge grind on the platform there Aries,  maybe give it a shot and look how it goes!

I honestly think I landed that stunt before people were really ledge grinding :D Landed Thursday, 13 April 2006.

Is this the oldest rep to be used in a stunt video?  :lol:

Offline Max_

• relax reflex
    • View Profile
    • Youtube HP
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2021, 12:14:27 AM »
Yo this was great! Song gave the vid a nice vibe, great stunts from both of you especially liked those grind combos
Editing was clean, cam angles were great, enjoyed it a lot
Great job guys

Offline Xtramus

• Technical Addict
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gtastunting.net/forums
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2021, 02:11:49 AM »
Highly enjoyable! I liked how everything mashed together so well, with some very simple-but-oh-so-smooth stunts, some laidback music, and some stylish editing to top it off. I particularly liked Mehmet's odd stairs grind combo thing.

Also bonus points for making Aries' nametag a nice girlish pink ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal