Author Topic: Cheddar's Live Challenge Game V  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
Cheddar's Live Challenge Game V
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »
HOW TO PARTICIPATE

• Record the last challenge on the topic and a new one. •
• Make a video with both stunts and reply to this topic. •

RULES
No NITRO.
No Franklin's Ability.
No cheating.
No modding.
HUD must appear.
Stunts must be recorded from start to finish.
If your challenge specifies the use of a vehicle, you must properly say so in your reply.
If two people accidentally do the same challenge, the new one that counts is the one from the person who replied the topic first.

You can record your stunts with fraps, a camera, cellphone (if it's good quality), capture card, basically anything that can record live. NO THEATER MODE/REPLAY.

Only V stunts, no SA or VC stunts.

Alright lads, I was thinking about doing this for a while now, just because I remembered how much fun and nostalgic it felt to live record a stunt.

Here's the deal: it's pretty much the same system from the SA version of this game, but with a few teaks in the rules to improve the game overall. If an argument comes up (of modding or some sort), keep on playing as if nothing happened. If something looks modded, it doesn't mean it is. Just keep that in mind and do your best to complete the suspicious challenge/try to prove it's impossible. Soon enough moderation will show up and decide wether the person will be banned from the game or not.

Let's get this going and try to keep it simple, alright? Nothing too hard :lol:

PS: I'd start, but both my pc and xbox were damaged by lightning, so whoever wants to do the honors, feel free.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:19:50 AM by Cheddar »

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
Re: Cheddar's Live Challenge Game V
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
Honestly I don't really see the point in doing the live part. You might as well call it the 'console only challenge game' then.

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »
Honestly I don't really see the point in doing the live part. You might as well call it the 'console only challenge game' then.
The whole idea is that it keeps the game simple. In SA we got so used to all the replay management that when this came up, it kinda brought back the sa-mp stunting days, when you'd fill your hd with bails and then when you finally hit it, it felt great. I don't really feel like changing it, this game used to be tons of fun (to me atleast). But thanks for the feedback! :lol:

Offline Raffal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 06:36:20 AM »
like this ? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJjdKEzkuy8

About the concept, it's a good idea but especially for console stunters  :cheersad:

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 08:45:27 AM »
Can someone explain why this is getting called "only for consoles"?  Surely you're capable of screen recording on PC?

Besides, all the community stuff that's been on here has been PC only, so I'm actually glad to see something that includes consoles.

Offline Sheep

• Nice Guy
  • Scapegoat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 09:23:14 AM »
something something your name on the game has nothing to do with it. Like that game 6 years ago.

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:09 AM »
Surely you're capable of screen recording on PC?
Well, I'm not. I'd get such shit FPS I'd rather delete the file than upload it. The thing is that for consoles live recording is/was the only way, hence why I called it that. Unedited PC replays are basically a live representation of the stunt anyway since the exact camera angles are stored and apart from some minor things like the flame of a jet every single detail would be the same. So unless you require stunting with a HUD you won't even spot the difference. And the community stuff is PC only because the quality difference is just big. Including 360 footage in between PC footage is noticeable and would look odd.

Offline HonkMeat

• Amateur stunter on GTA V
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 12:39:25 AM »
Surely you're capable of screen recording on PC?
Well, I'm not. I'd get such shit FPS I'd rather delete the file than upload it. The thing is that for consoles live recording is/was the only way, hence why I called it that. Unedited PC replays are basically a live representation of the stunt anyway since the exact camera angles are stored and apart from some minor things like the flame of a jet every single detail would be the same. So unless you require stunting with a HUD you won't even spot the difference. And the community stuff is PC only because the quality difference is just big. Including 360 footage in between PC footage is noticeable and would look odd.

Yeah, I do agree with that.  Use the editor and leave it set to "game camera".  All it does is remove the HUD which most of us did on console before the editor anyway.

And I thought the community stuff normally being PC only was because you can share the clip files, which we can't from consoles (which is really annoying as you can't even back them up!)  There's usually an editor and a bunch of stunters, isn't there?  It wasn't a moan or criticism anyway.  Just saying it's nice to see consoles included in something for a change.

Offline Cheddar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:57 AM »
like this ? : CLCG 1

Yes, exactly. Thank you for starting it. This counts as the first challenge guys.

I'm going to add "HUD must appear" to avoid future issues. I forgot how similar live footage is from replay footage in this game.

About the concept, it's a good idea but especially for console stunters  :cheersad:

Not at all! I'm sure you can find something to lean your phone against and record it straight from your monitor without much trouble. This is supposed to keep things easy and simple. When reps are included, people tend to get a bit too competitive and start doing some huge challenges which kind of takes the fun out of it.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:18:28 AM by Cheddar »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal