Author Topic: One Last Ride  (Read 14187 times)

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
  • Registered on: April 16, 2004
    • View Profile
Re: One Last Ride
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2011, 03:03:38 PM »
Thank you very much for all the very kind comments guys  :wub: . My goal was to give everyone something that would be enjoyable to watch and it's seems like I was successful at that. Since I first heard the song, Mazzy Star - Into Dust on an episode of the tv show House, I've wanted to do somekind of video to it. It's been a helluva ride these 7 years and I've enjoyed every friggin minute of it.

There are still those of us in the crew who will continue to do things from time to time but getting everyone together to do a crew video has just been getting harder and harder so we decided it was best to retire the crew thing and just do what we can, with whom we can, when we can.

I want to say a big thanks to Kan, for his comment on the vid, which when he ever comments in a post about one of my themed vids is a miracle  :P . If it wasn't for you I would have never learned how to code. You have been a great help and a great friend.

Another big thanks to Nitzkit. If it wasn't for that PM over @ PGTA about wanting to speak to me, I would have never met Kan, Nitz and Darkness. Great friends and great memories.

Also one more big thanks to Andyroo, The founder of what we now call GTAS, back in the day it was Ampt.tk. Without Andy NONE of this probably would have happened at all.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:38:25 PM by Neo Anderson »

Offline PtRvY

• WH Crew
  • Veteran Member
  • Wasteland Hero / BT Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
Since I first heard the song, Mazzy Star - Into Dust on an episode of the tv show House, I've wanted to do somekind of video to it.

I KNEW I remembered that song from somewhere. I got all House episodes on my PC so it's easy to forget.  :cheernutz:

Great work once again. :P

Offline Hoff

• Breeder for life
  • Veteran Member
  • xouzb qhm jxuco
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/aante
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
Surprisingly sad video, very well done Neo!

Offline Turtle Dick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 04:29:45 PM »
Surprisingly sad video, very well done Neo!
:ajaja:

Offline Macsta

• Veteran Member
  • The Big Mac
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2011, 04:49:26 PM »
A masterpiece Neo. Simply amazing.

Offline Demonfade

• Veteran Member
  • Demonfade>Ecks
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2011, 05:36:39 PM »
Thank you very much for all the very kind comments guys  :wub: . My goal was to give everyone something that would be enjoyable to watch and it's seems like I was successful at that. Since I first heard the song, Mazzy Star - Into Dust on an episode of the tv show House, I've wanted to do somekind of video to it. It's been a helluva ride these 7 years and I've enjoyed every friggin minute of it.

There are still those of us in the crew who will continue to do things from time to time but getting everyone together to do a crew video has just been getting harder and harder so we decided it was best to retire the crew thing and just do what we can, with whom we can, when we can.

I want to say a big thanks to Kan, for his comment on the vid, which when he ever comments in a post about one of my themed vids is a miracle  :P . If it wasn't for you I would have never learned how to code. You have been a great help and a great friend.

Another big thanks to Nitzkit. If it wasn't for that PM over @ PGTA about wanting to speak to me, I would have never met Kan, Nitz and Darkness. Great friends and great memories.

Also one more big thanks to Andyroo, The founder of what we now call GTAS, back in the day it was Ampt.tk. Without Andy NONE of this probably would have happened at all.

Cheers! I don't think anyone could've predicted you'd all go this long. I still remember chats back on the old forums about people saying everything was stunted before you even came up with the BSM. Looking back I would've approached this with a different attitude. It has taken me to stop coming on here and rarely stunting to appreciate what is gone.

Thanks for making the forums what they were. A huge thanks to ATS.
 if the few topics I have glanced through are true then I doubt I'll be on here much at all.

...However I am still waiting for someone to do Comaboy's challenge from back in the day. Haha. I doubt anyone on here will get that.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 04:38:49 PM by Neo Anderson »

Offline Urban Legend

• f*ck phone books
  • Veteran Member
  • I ❤ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2011, 06:53:50 PM »
Rofl... Okay I got a few thoughts one this one.
Does it involve an Idaho or the North Point Mall?
I swear somebody did that backflip! Haha!

Offline Demonfade

• Veteran Member
  • Demonfade>Ecks
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 10:47:02 PM »
Haha, comaboy did that back in the day not long after the challenge was posted by Ramboyf5.

I remember he requested to andyroososoft that he could change his title to idaho backflip master. Later on Ramboyf5 did the linerunner backflip challenge that himself or NightKnight posted. I forget who posted it.

But naw I used to always say I'd quit stunting when someone did Comaboy's Wallride 2 billboard grind naturally near the marina. Only himself and I have got close as far as I know.

It was a challenge way ahead of it's time. Still after seeing all of these newer videos it would still look amazing in a stunt video today. That says a lot since back in mid 04 people were still awe'd by mediocre wallbumps and pole bumps.

Offline Turtle Boy

• Shell Shocked.
  • Admin
  • not afraid of dying, pieces of me die all the time
    • View Profile
    • Skyler Mead
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
Simply Brilliant. Nothing else to say. Loved it.

Offline Otaka

• Veteran Member
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »
Oww man, i missed this video completely.
I dont think this is bumping any longer as its already ontop of the ATS section, so forgive me.

Ive never been a great stunter, but ive been part of this community for long... i was a "stunter" in 2004/2005 if anyone remembers. Hell, i even remember all the members of ATS, all the skins they used which we can see in this videos are familiar to me... a big thanks to kaneda for editing my first and only 2 stunt vids.

I saw every ATS video back then, i was a huge fan, after sometime the forums went down i quit stunting all together and never been doing it like that anymore. Then the forums came back at some point and i alot later.  :lol:

Its sad to see ATS gone, i have some good memories too...like playing VC itself, but meeting you guys and seeing what you can do inspired me to do the same...but i just didnt have the patience. Now i would, but im not thrilled about playing vice city in 2012 just to stunt.

And im sorry for posting a year too late into this topic, but ive been gone for long. Just wanted to say my words.

ATS is and will always be the most legendary stunting crew ever in my opinion. You were always the guys who did the most amazing stunts and videos. Thank you for your incredible effort.

You made my childhood one bit awesomer.  :mellow:

Thank you!

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 03:15:00 AM »
^Did you see The Final Cut? Their last crew video? Don't know you btw. But 2005 was atleast 2 years before I found this place so yea  :P

Offline Otaka

• Veteran Member
  • Date Registered: December 18, 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2012, 06:21:33 AM »
Im pretty sure ive seen it.
But even to this day all the vids ATS made are still amazing. :P

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2012, 03:12:35 PM »
Thank you Otaka for the very kind words. Nice to see you back around again.

Offline MikeyMouse

• Vladivostok Brother | Addicted To Taxi's
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »
I've watched this video too many times now to not comment, I know it's a huge ass bump, and sorry if that annoys anyone.

It sucks real bad that I was never around when you guys were active here, I'm sure anticipating your next video release would have been exciting as hell. However even though I wasn't around then, this video still captured so many emotions, and to think that can be done in a video game? Crazy. Two years after this video is released, and you sir are still the best scriptor in vc in my eyes, and I'm sure many many other peoples eyes. By speaking with Kan and Sam over the last idk 5/6 months, you really get a sense of what this crew meant. It was all about having fun, it was a family, a group of friends who enjoyed stunting and just loved every single minute of it. This video didn't just symbolize the end of ATS as a stunting crew, it really felt like the breaking up of a family that had been built up for years. That was what made it such an emotional piece.

Would you imagine it, 9 years after you first joined this forum, you're still inspiring people till this day, and I'm sure many more years into the future.

Two years too late, but goodbye fellas  :euro:

Offline Neo Anderson

• ATS precision whore
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2013, 09:14:22 PM »
Thank you very much for that post MM.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal