Author Topic: Freeplay  (Read 99041 times)

Offline SkilZ

• DSS Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SkilZGtaS?feature=mhw5
Re: Freeplay
« Reply #315 on: February 09, 2021, 01:09:32 AM »
I finished doing the FOV feature and setting up the camera speed slider to the new version of freeplay, now there are 2 sliders:

Here's a preview of the FOV feature:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRQrAyGwt4&feature=youtu.be

Keys
F7 - Enable/Disable FOV change
F5 - Decrease FOV
F6 - Increase FOV

Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/a30pokkd2b6kefq/freeplay_vc.rar?dl=0

Let me know if there is any trouble.

THank you very much :)

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2021, 01:15:04 AM »
Fantastic work MtS!   ;D

I've updated the first post to include the link/details.

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2021, 04:13:25 AM »
Awesome!! Works great, thanks MtS and Dannye :)

Offline Artifex

• Artifex
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2021, 04:15:28 AM »
I need this FOV for SA :o

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2021, 08:06:09 AM »

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2021, 03:01:33 PM »
I'll try to get it done for SA until the end of the week.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 22, 2021, 01:19:14 AM »
VC Freeplay v6 (aka the "I'm running out of unused keys on the keyboard" edition) is now available!

Download here: VC Freeplay v6 with source, via ModDB
The documentation file, included in this package, contains full detail on each feature (updated for the new/changed stuff, in addition to making them easier to read) and a complete changelog.

Excerpts from the Changelog:

• Moving a frozen/cinematic camera via the arrow keys will now be performed in relation to the direction the camera is facing. Eg. Up Arrow will always make you go forward, Left Arrow will always make you strafe left. If you find an angle you like, you can also hold RShift to move based on that, such that you can re-aim the camera and it wont affect movement directions.
  • The Custom FOV toggle/modify features have been incorporated into base Freeplay package (thanks MtS!).
  • Added on-the-fly 'Speed' updates for the Camera-Movement and FOV-Adjustment features.
  • Added ways to Simulate Mouse Movement via the keyboard (so can potentially get smooth/consistent motion). These become available once the corresponding Mouse Axis BlockingOverride feature/s are enabled. Also the blocking + simulation now affects all in-game mouse movement other than the Main Menu (no more limitations on their effectiveness).
  • Added button to instantly activate Free Camera mode (which, combined with the default game behaviour of remembering your last Free Camera Rotation & Tilt, and the also-new Freeplay behaviour of also ensuring your Zoom is remembered, means you can get back into Free Camera exactly how you last left it).
  • Added ability to enforce your own custom Free Camera Zoom, Tilt (mouse up/down), and even Rotation (mouse left/right) limits.
  • 3rd Person Unique Camera is now supported by the Zoom Adjustment and Remove Obstruction Checks features (both were previously Free Camera only). Also, the 3rd Person Unique Camera will no longer temporarily snap to 1st Person when flying under a bridge (this is a new always-on feature).
  • Provided access to the Look-Left/Right/Behind angles when using a 1st/3rd Person Unique Camera.
  • Can now interact with multiple features simultaneously much better than before.
  • Bugfixes:
    • Frozen/Cinematic Camera Movement speed will not double when holding the buttons to move in more than one direction at a time.
    • Starting Free Camera for the first time in a session without moving your mouse will no longer lead to an awkward/unresponsive camera.
    • Toggling your headlights now works for cars (previously it only worked for bikes, whoops!).
    • (And likely a whole bunch of potential ones more relating to behind-the-scenes changes that I hadn't encountered, but were possible, and I'm glad wont be experienced now)

Cheers all!

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 22, 2021, 08:51:40 PM »
Gonna try out the speed update for the cam movements, if it is what I think it is I'm a very happy guy. Thanks Dannye :wub:

Offline Srcry

• DUSTED
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2021, 01:43:28 PM »
I've been lazy as hell with actually trying out the new freeplay features, but I still gotta give massive thanks for giving us all the freedom imaginable to manipulate camera angles.

Offline Minq

• Aero Reapers
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 24, 2021, 06:57:32 AM »
Wow, that looks like a major update. I'm curious what kind of things people are going to do in the future with different variations of camera angles. Especially the smooth camera option made it for me.

Thanks dannye.

I hope the SA Freeplay gets an update like this as well :wub:.

Offline Lex

• No longer active
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 24, 2021, 05:14:03 PM »
Wow, that looks like a major update. I'm curious what kind of things people are going to do in the future with different variations of camera angles. Especially the smooth camera option made it for me.

Thanks dannye.

You wait for my solo with never seen before camera angles

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #326 on: May 26, 2021, 06:49:31 AM »
I'm surprised that you dropped v6, because right now I connected to the forums with a fucking proxy and now this shit. Holy fuck.

This functionality has been written to (hopefully) work as expected even if using the 3rd-party "WidescreenFix" mod in conjunction (this is a 3rd party modification that also interacts with the game's internal FOV settings)

Holy shit, I've been using it all the time and before v6 I asked MtS to make it so the FOV feature is compatible with the plugin, and happy to report that it worked, so shoutout to him :wub: :wub: :wub:

I prefer the "slider" version from Mateus tho, so let's just wait for him to drop his part :D Can't wait to force myself to use a fucking fullsized keyboard to try out the angles because I'm using a fucking TKL XDXDXDXDXDXD

Thanks dannye.

You wait for my solo with never seen before camera angles

yeah, expect Kacknase-style angles from him soon XDXDXD
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:04:03 AM by Ezraph2001 »

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 04, 2021, 02:50:15 AM »
Cheers for the kind words everyone  :wub:

With thanks to Max, a minor hotfix may be on its way - it turns out that my use of the left/right mouse clicks for on-the-fly camera speed adjustments may not have been the best idea, as sometimes it simply doesn't work. The update thus includes an alternate key binding for those features, assigned to the left/right square-bracket keys (support may be subject to the overall keyboard type you use... hopefully at least one of the approaches will work for everyone). I might play around with it a little bit more, to see if I can get a better understanding of what the deal is with the mouse stuff, in case somehow there's a way around it, but if not I'll be sure to post the updated version here soon. Until then, if anyone else notices this issue (or any others), let me know.

Offline Dannye

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 02, 2022, 01:20:52 AM »
Big update time!  :D

A beta release of version 7 of Freeplay for Vice City is now available:

VC Freeplay v7 Beta with source, via ModDB

This release contains significant additions and changes from v6 and (despite being labelled as a beta) I highly recommend using this v7 rather than the older v6. The main reason I am calling this a beta is that there are still some rough edges to it, some more changes I am hoping to make to it, and I haven't had the time to dedicate to fully updating the official HTML-based documentation file (as such, the primary help file for this release, documenting all the new v7 stuff, is contained in a plaintext file; the OUTDATED v6 HTML file is also included, for reference).

Some highlights from v7:
  • Camera saving & loading is no longer limited to Static Camera positions. It can now be used for Free Camera (Zoom + Tilt + Rotation) offsets, and customised Unique 3rd Person Cameras. Each of these three versions of camera saving/loading now support their own set of NINE distinct Save Slots, so you can have multiples of each saved and available at any time.
  • Most 'customisable' settings (those that aren't simple on/off toggles, rather the harder-to-replicate specific values) can now be BACKED UP to a "frep-file" which can then be RESTORED at any point later, even on a new instance of Freeplay. In addition, if Freeplay remains running and the game itself is closed then re-opened, these settings will be automatically REMEMBERED now.
  • Trigger Slow Motion during replay playback! You can customise just how slow it goes.
  • "Breakpoints": a way for Freeplay to automatically pause/freeze the replay/game when a specific pre-defined frame is encountered. You can setup as many Breakpoints as you want. To continue playback from a Breakpoint, just press the normal "x" button to unpause (you can also choose to do this in a way that removes the Breakpoint too).
  • "Smooth Motion": any Freeplay-triggered manual camera movement will now be performed in a much more reliable, consistent and smooth manner (by having their application be in-sync with the game's refresh/frame rate).
  • More options now available for setting "Custom Limits" on things, allowing for planned/predictable/consistent camerawork.
  • Convert any camera to become a "Free Camera" at its current position. If done while using a Camera already aimed directly at the player (like Cinematic Camera, a Freeplay-provided alternate mode of 3rd Person Unique Camera, or a very precisely-aimed frozen camera) this transition will appear seemless!
  • The Cinematic Camera can now be used while the player is on-foot.
  • New features that can be used to increase various settings relating to Draw Distance.
  • Much much more - additional features, improved features, and bugfixes.

My recent edit of the VC Throwback 2 video was extremely reliant on a bunch of the new features/changes included in this release, I hope they can be of use to you guys too!

Any feedback, questions, etc are welcome.
Cheers

Offline Ezraph2001

• Live, love, laugh, Limberly Kippington
    • View Profile
    • stan nmixx
« Reply #329 on: March 02, 2022, 07:42:12 PM »
damn dannye back at it again with the update POG

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal