Author Topic: NEM'S LAST STAND  (Read 8096 times)

Offline Jason

• V.I.P. Member
  • Grains in the hourglass.
    • View Profile
Re: NEM'S LAST STAND
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2021, 07:11:09 PM »

Offline Biel

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 08:13:25 PM »
Really fun watch, I loved the astmosphere of the video, Nem never disappoint in organizing good collabs!
The finisher was a bad choice in my eyes + the abusing of datamoshing spoiled the video a bit, but despite that, the video was really solid.

Toty natbump should have been the finisher imo, it was much better than the csm. :ajaja:
Good job to everyone involved, specially Nem and Ezraph :mellow:

Offline Silw

• I'm your host
    • View Profile
    • Youtube #Channel
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2021, 12:53:21 AM »
Wow, this is out. Big shout out to Maci for landing that palm bump without a packer assist. Never thought this would be possible. This should have been the finisher. I agree with Biel about the bad finisher choice. I would have taken Totys natbump or Allbeast perfected grind for pre and Macis natbump for finisher. Better choice to give natural stunts a chance instead of boring csm‘s. As I‘m hating pn csm‘s I really liked the landing of Skullers ship csm,that was really hard I guess because of the angle of the platform.

Blaze, Nem, Jooker, Aries, Morbidxxx, ZeroX, Smut, Maci were the guys that really rocked this video for me.

Really loved the Story thing in between, was really well edited.

But I have to say one negative thing about the editing. Why you cut the landings of stunts so fast? Or even don‘t show them?

Some Examples are.

Allbeast grind
Ktulu‘s bonk to grind
Faiz psm
Morbidxxx psm grind
Blaze bonk to grind
Shifftee‘s bsm to prec? Don‘t even know if he land that prec because of that cut

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2021, 01:44:13 AM »
Thank you everyone a bunch for all the comments :wub: especially the reviews even if not live I really appreciate the time you put into it. Shout out to Jason for making a live review despite having a hangover that's something I wouldn't do :lol: and I enjoyed yours and Blaze's in particular (Still havent seen AllBeast's, because I have to hold on for a bit before watching the same video again XD)

Also thanks Blaze for showing a little bit of behind the scenes, that was cool to watch!

I expected a stunts by neo & baron  :(

It's not like I haven't tried that but both are just out of reach and I don't think they even want to be approached :(

8:19 nem lc infy bump 2 spin 2 wallride 2 bump 2 grind: cars..stunts..carstunts.. meh, that spin was fun, PARKOUR,

Well the whole thing wasnt intentional but once I got onto the wallride, what else would I be aiming for :lol:

As there were some concerns about the finisher, well the finisher was kinda picked a while ago and honestly that's an old spot that until now hasn't been landed (correct me if I'm wrong) but I remember this spot since day one and the angle is a real bitch.

Offline MtS

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 04:27:56 AM »
that was a very pleasant watch

as it has been said here its defo great to see some old faces in a stunt video again and i really dig ezraph editings

gj nem, ezraph and everyone involved
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:29:27 AM by MtS »

Offline Plani

• --
  • Veteran Member
  • Since 2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2021, 08:14:47 AM »
That was pretty awesome. I loved the cutscenes, especially the Lagoon one. It was really well done and brought some nostalgic feelings. The overall atmosphere created by those little stories was really remarkable. The stunting part had its ups and downs but it was cool to see some old names in action. Props for reuning all those folks in one video again. My favorite stunt was MaCi's, that was impressive! Everybody did a good job stuntingwise. It was enjoyable.

Good job. :cc_detective:

Offline Skuller

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2021, 09:38:10 AM »
Don't really have much to say. Another great collab organized by Nem! Sadly this is the last one, well I think there won't be anything better than those VC collabs from now on so good job Nem, don't think anyone else would be able to do dem organizations like you! Dedication always pays off! :) Another great editing by Ezraph aswell, I really like the 3rd part song! Story was cool too! And as for the stunting here - it was enjoyable all over the time! Good job everyone envolved! :a-cheer:

2:27 skuller vc csm 2 ship prec: Good use of the csm to land a "special" location. How do you stuck the car there ?
https://youtu.be/L0UmPWsAMJg

2:01 kaneda lc drop bump: I'm not even allowed to review my favourite stunter's stuff, lovely bump, is it new? I've tried it in the past
Sadly it's old by Max.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 02:47:42 PM by Skuller »

Offline legendz

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2021, 02:13:12 PM »
Great video! I had lot of fun whilst watching it :D Intro, interludes and outro were all very entertaining.

Stunts I like: 2:13 creative, 2:28 nice landing here, 2:45 caught me off guard haha, 3:01 very big should've been the finisher imo, 3:10 creative again, 3:36 looks cool and unexpected(I wish I could have seen the landing as well in this case..), 4:47 very smooth grind, 5:36 looks big gj both of you, 8:04 I like the conception for some reason :D gj, 8:15 stylish, 8:36 awesome one of my favourites, 8:40 very cool, 9:00 I guess you landed it xd nice stunt and the finisher.

About editing: Some cool masks here and there, but you could be even more precise :jajaja: Lots of cool angles but you should've definitely shown some stunts from different angles imo, especially the landings. The datamosh effect is a cool effect, but I don't really think it fits with this type of music. Other than that I enjoyed the editing :) The vibe was definitely there, which made the whole video very very amusing. Felt like a movie at some parts, which I admire.

Overall cool video Nem & Ezraph, thanks for made it happen and good job everyone involved :wub:

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2021, 12:29:37 AM »
2:01 kaneda lc drop bump: I'm not even allowed to review my favourite stunter's stuff, lovely bump, is it new? I've tried it in the past
Sadly it's old by Max.

And now it's old by kaneda too! :wub:

Offline Rainbow

• Coeur de taxi
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/Rainbowstunting
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2021, 04:07:51 AM »
.. and honestly that's an old spot that until now hasn't been landed (correct me if I'm wrong) but I remember this spot since day one and the angle is a real bitch.
Well Ruchy apparently landed it with a limo(?) as the CSM vehicle in the original challenge topic but then Barney came out swinging and said it doesn't count because it's Ruchy and he thinks he mods (to be fair he does have some really odd executions on some of his stunts, like all of his VC carpark landings). Quite a well known topic in my mind but maybe not. Will make a longer review later but I enjoyed the video  :)

Really enjoyed the editing, very entertaining and nice camera angles. You're really turning yourself into a great editor with your last few videos! But those K-pop billboards, seriously?

About the stunts, my favorites were Toty's natbump, Max' doublegrind right after, natbump from VenomX, Nem's bb grind with the csm stuck on the wall because that was a neat idea, Jookers dropbump2palm, Zero's doublegrind, Maci removing the packer and landing that palmbump naturally, Silw's car stunt and NS' csm.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:20:49 AM by Rainbow »

Offline FTO

• Veteran Member
  • I've quitted.
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 01:33:46 AM »
Nice one with many old names involved. Good times indeed.

Offline Shifftee

• Shiff
  • SASL 2014 Judges
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2021, 08:58:47 AM »
Heeeyyy, glad to be back!  :euro:
I really enjoyed the video, loved the story and interludes, great editing overall apart from cut landings(I deffo feel like my bsm2prec was a bit wasted), great choice of music too! And, of course, some pretty cool stunting from the boys!  :cc_detective:

Offline Krypton

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2021, 12:39:20 AM »
Thanks again Nem for putting together this unique line up that wouldn't have happened if it were not for you. Ezraph did an outstanding job, a collab of this scale doesnt happen over night so i understand why it took so long.

I am a big fan of your editing and camera angles Ezraph, you didn't disappoint here. This is just my taste, but I am a less is more kind of guy. I feel your special cam angles would have even more of an impact if you didn't use them on almost every stunt. Cause your free hand cam angles are rather good too. Other than that the songs weren't really for me but you made them look decent. Good job dude.

Stunts I really liked was Shifteee's opener, Dannyes double grab, Toty's LC bump, Max's double grind, Aries ledge grind, and NM's CSM was cool cause its probably the only way that roof is gonna be landed from there. but overall stuntwise it was a good watch :ajaja:

Little insight into MaCi and I's PSM; we were both trying for the top and came to the conclusion because of the angle and the building in the way that it wasnt going to happen. Only way would be to bump up from the lower ledge, and we said fuck that lol and MaCi had the cool idea of sending these in as a double stunt as we both landed the lower part. Ezraph made it look really cool too if I might add, awesome camera work.

Thanks again Nem and Ezraph, we will see if this is the last last stand by Nem ;D

Offline NEM

• wasteland heroes
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2021, 03:33:48 AM »
Thank you guys for the kind comments love you :wub: and huge sorry again to Shifftee for his poorly cut stunt :wacko:

Offline Fugitive

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fugitivesplace.3x.ro
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 04:18:24 AM »
I don't do video commentaries, ever, but thought I should take the time to properly comment on this, while also reminiscing about the old days. Apologies if I appear ignorant in my commentaries, I'm not up to date with much that has happened to stunting after 2008.
Shoutout to Nem for organizing this and making me feel part of this community again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtU85qTnz7g

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal